Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity 62 Scott County 21 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratulations Trinity.
Congratulations Trinity! I'm glad I got to watch part of this game.
Congrats Trinity!
21st state title in school history, which is a KHSAA state record. Congrats Shamrocks!
Total domination
No surprise!!
GetChili Wrote:21st state title in school history, which is a KHSAA state record. Congrats Shamrocks!

A state record for the next 18 hours.
Congrats Rocks on another championship. You proved that you are by far the best football program in Ky. and on many polls, the NATION!!
Congrats Trinity! National Champs in my book
Wideleft01 Wrote:A state record for the next 18 hours.

It'll still be a state record "just shared"
This was expected, and I tip my hat to Trinity. They've been a great representative for the state of Kentucky in football. I hope they get #1 in the nation all the way.

As for Scott County though, they pulled a big shock on everybody scoring first like they did. They played Trinity better than most teams. And I don't mean that in a negative way for Scott County. I think they are a very, very good football team - they just had the unfortunate task of going against the best team in the state at both the high school and college level.
No surprise here :zzz:
BOWLING GREEN, KY. — The debate likely will never be settled, whether this Trinity High School football team is the nation’s best.

But on Friday night, the Shamrocks put the finishing touches on what few would challenge was the finest season ever by a squad from Kentucky.

The Shamrocks got big nights from running back Dalyn Dawkins and quarterback Travis Wright, posted 600 yards of offense and solidified their five No. 1 national rankings by routing Scott County 62-21 in the Russell Athletic Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl Class 6-A championship game.

A crowd of 6,691 at Houchens Industries/L.T. Smith Stadium saw Trinity complete a 14-0 season against what may have been the toughest schedule ever faced by a Kentucky high school football team.

When it was over, Trinity coach Bob Beatty maintained his season-long indifference toward the national title discussion.

“I don’t have any control over that,” he said. “I know we’re going to take a trophy home. We have control over that. Everything else is somebody’s opinion now, but if you take a look at our schedule, I think it sells itself. … It was a great schedule, and we persevered through it.”

Dawkins carried 13 times for 152 yards and four touchdowns, and Wright completed 15 of 19 passes for 298 yards and four scores. James Quick hauled in six catches for 120 yards and two TDs.

The scary part for the rest of the state? All three are juniors.

“We couldn’t have guessed we would accomplish all the things we’ve accomplished this year,” Wright said. “It was all a dream at the beginning, but we made it reality tonight.”

The Shamrocks thrust themselves into the national title discussion after a regular season that included wins over three Cincinnati kingpins (Elder, St. Xavier and Moeller), two Tennessee powers (Brentwood Academy and Montgomery Bell Academy) and an Indianapolis Cathedral team that won Indiana’s Class 4-A state title.

And Trinity didn’t let up in the postseason, winning its five playoff games by an average margin of 49.4 points.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2011312020120
[HTML]Trinity 14 28 13 7 - 62
Scott County 7 7 0 7 - 21
SC - Dumphord 18 run (Ward kick). T - Dawkins 5 run (Shoptaw kick). T - Dawkins 11 run (Shoptaw kick). T - Noe 38 pass from Wright (Shoptaw kick). T - Dawkins 39 run (Shoptaw kick). T - Dawkins 46 run (Shoptaw kick). SC - Daniel 95 kickoff return (Ward kick). T - Smith 43 pass from Wright (Shoptaw kick). T - Quick 42 pass from Wright (Shoptaw kick). T - Quick 8 pass from Wright (kick failed). T - Sauer 62 run (Shoptaw kick). SC - Daniel 29 pass from McKee (Ward kick). A - 6,691.
Tri SC
Total yards 600 226
First downs 24 11
Rushes-yds. 26-301 36-137
Comp-Att-Int 16-20-1 5-12-2
Passing yards 299 89
Fumbles-lost 1-0 2-0
Penalties-yds. 4-55 2-13
Punts-avg. 0-0 5-32.8
RUSHING: Trinity, Dawkins 13-152, Sauer 4-88, Quick 4-37, Wright 3-18, Bonnafon 1-4, Brooks 1-2. Scott County, Lawler 8-64, Dumphord 17-61, Clausen 5-12, Edwards 3-2, Walls 2-1, McKee 1-(minus-3).PASSING: Trinity, Wright 15-19-1-298, Bonnafon 1-1-0-1. Scott County, Lawler 2-9-2-8, McKee 2-2-0-48, Daniel 1-1-0-33.RECEIVING: Trinity, Quick 6-120, Smith 2-60, Noe 2-55, Dawkins 2-14, Sauer 1-21, Wall 1-18, Swabek 1-10, Miller 1-1. Scott County, Daniel 2-48, Nelson 1-33, Clausen 1-6, Dumphord 1-2.[/HTML]
BOWLING GREEN — Trinity not only won a Class 6A state football championship Friday night, it may have won a mythical national title, too.
The Shamrocks, rated No. 1 in America by Sports Illustrated and Rivals.com, put the finishing touches on a 14-0 season by smashing Scott County 62-21 in the Russell Athletic finals in WKU's L.T. Smith Stadium.

The 62 points are the most ever scored in a title game, eclipsing the mark set by Trinity in its 59-56 win over Male in 2002.

Trinity has won nine state titles in the last 11 years under Coach Bob Beatty, and owns a record 21 championships overall. (Highlands can tie with its 21st title if it beats Franklin-Simpson in the 4A finals on Saturday).
Are the Rocks No. 1 in the nation this season?

"I don't have any control over that and don't worry about that," Beatty said. "All I know is we'll take a trophy home tonight. Everything else is somebody's opinion. But if you take a look at our schedule, I think it sells itself."
Scott County Coach Jim McKee proclaimed Trinity the best team in the history of Kentucky high school football — and that was before the Rocks rolled his Cardinals.
He didn't change his opinion after Friday night's game.
"There's no close second," he said. "I watched Highlands when they had Jared Lorenzen and Derek Smith, and Male when they had Montrell Jones and Michael Bush. (Trinity) is just so complete."

The Rocks, who beat powerhouses from Tennessee, Ohio and Indiana's 4A champ Indianapolis Cathedral this year, were at their devastating best on offense in the finals. They piled up 600 yards with a balanced attack.
Junior quarterback Travis Wright completed 15 of 19 passes for 298 yards and four touchdowns.

Junior running back Dalyn Dawkins ran for 152 yards and four TDs.
Junior receiver James Quick had six catches for 120 yards and two scores.
Scott County, which never trailed in winning its first 14 games this year, gave the Rocks a fight early on.

The Cards stunned Trinity — and the crowd — by taking the opening kickoff and scoring in just two plays. Quarterback Ben Lawler had a 62-yard run on the first snap, and Dierrius Dumphord blew up the middle for an 18-yard touchdown on the next one.

But the thrill didn't last long. Trinity's Big Green Machine went to work and built a 42-14 halftime lead.

Scott County did have another highlight in the first half. Scott Daniel returned a kickoff 95 yards for a score to give the Cards' fans something to cheer about.

Trinity needed less than two minutes to score in the second half, and the snowball continued to turn into an avalanche of points.
The Rocks' Garrett Sauer had a 62-yard TD run early in the fourth quarter to make it 62-14, and that meant a mercy-rule running clock the rest of the way.

McKee had one last sweet moment to remember. His son Clay, a freshman quarterback, threw a 29-yard TD pass to Daniel to close it out.
"It was rewarding," McKee said, fighting back his emotions.
McKee said the loss didn't take away from his team's 14-1 season.

"We could be happier, but I couldn't be prouder of our program, our kids and our opportunity to play.

"But guys, they've got better players than we do. I love our kids — one of them is my son — but (Trinity's) got outstanding talent."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/12/03/19813...z1fTW1klvy
Pages: 1 2