Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps-60 Paintsville-56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to the Hornets and coach Varney. Anyone have stats?
wow..Didnt expect this one
This is kinda random lol.. but congrats Hornets.
Nice win for Phelps, What happened to Pville in this one
OTH, what happened?
Big time early upset!!! Congrats to Phelps!!!
just a great game both teams played very hard phelps just came out on top with great play from stiltner and branham all phelps kids played well as did paintsville from what i saw paintsville could not stop the inside game of phelps and phelps handled the press as good as i have seen them .
NO inside defense, NO free throws 19/35, NO rebounding, NO shooting and three starters on the bench fouled out in the last min of the game. Kinda hard to win with none of those. NOT blaming the officials for the loss at all, cause they were horrible BOTH ways. BUT, those guys don't need to be on the court any where, any time....plain and simple.
Thanks OTH for the info!
stats?
Don't care how bad officals were. Phelps isn't supposed 2 beat the Tigers!!!!!!!
^You are correct!
cricketbed Wrote:Don't care how bad officals were. Phelps isn't supposed 2 beat the Tigers!!!!!!!

Paintsville shot 19/35 from the FT line

Phelps shot 14/36.
Big Win for Phelps !! to even out the record at 1-1. The Hornets travel to Knott County Central next.
Tough loss for Paintsville. Look for Coach Ratliff and his group to play hard in the home opener against Prestonsburg.
BondJamesBond Wrote:Tough loss for Paintsville. Look for Coach Ratliff and his group to play hard in the home opener against Prestonsburg.

Hope so.
This game was a disgrace to basketball. No flow whatsoever. Phelps' best offense is to throw it at the goal and get an offensive board/put back. Paintsville was most effective when they scored and could set up their 2-2-1 press. The problem was they were not scoring consistently enough to close or take the lead. Phelps is just bad. No excuse to lose this game. Paintsville had a lot more talent on the floor, but there is obviously something missing.

Congrats Hornets on the win.
Where is coach Belcher and coach Daniels?
Panther Thunder Wrote:This game was a disgrace to basketball. No flow whatsoever. Phelps' best offense is to throw it at the goal and get an offensive board/put back. Paintsville was most effective when they scored and could set up their 2-2-1 press. The problem was they were not scoring consistently enough to close or take the lead. Phelps is just bad. No excuse to lose this game. Paintsville had a lot more talent on the floor, but there is obviously something missing.

Congrats Hornets on the win.

Love it.............discredit Phelps more, please.
Phelps is horrible...I mean really, really bad. What happened Paintsville?!

It's like Paintsville fell apart after Landon Slone and the rest of the Class of 08' left...they're so much better than this though. Come on boys..I like Paintsville alot, but I hate Johnson Central. I want to get back to the days of Paintsville being the best team from that county, not nasty JC.
NEXT Wrote:Love it.............discredit Phelps more, please.
As you wish, Phelps is pitiful and teams that want to be able to compete for regional titles have no business losing to them. That includes Pikeville for future reference. If the Panthers lose to Phelps, it definitely does not bode well in terms of expectations of success.

Do not act like Phelps is good, because they simply are not. I'm trying to be mean, just being honest.
What has Paintsville's record been since 2008? I hear parents (and coaches) say it's a young team in the past couple of years, but that can only last so long.
Point is - we're a school who's used to winning.
TigerFan3 Wrote:What has Paintsville's record been since 2008? I hear parents (and coaches) say it's a young team in the past couple of years, but that can only last so long.

2 - SR
5 - JR
5 - SO
6 - FR

26-53....Return 4 starters. Only 3 (Sublett, M. Daniels, Burchett) have been FULLTIME members of the Varsity over the last four seasons and 4 (Sublett, M. Daniels, Burchett, Slone) over the last 3 seasons.
They are a very young team but that still not an excuse.when 3 starters foul out and the other team don't have one kid to what wrong that picture
They have to find the offense to replace green.
^That is a fact and ahard one at that. Most UNDERATED player in the 15th last season and the two before that!
Is this a football thread. Please tell me our basketball program isn't getting beat by Allen Central and Phelps too.
Ike Cooter Wrote:Is this a football thread. Please tell me our basketball program isn't getting beat by Allen Central and Phelps too.

our football offense this year couldn't put up 55 on a grade school team.