Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jimmy dykes is such an sec homer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This guy has talked about the guy from vandy been out million times tonigh. When the opposing team has 5 or 6 players out. Including leading rebounder buckles
SPARTY Wrote:This guy has talked about the guy from vandy been out million times tonigh. When the opposing team has 5 or 6 players out. Including leading rebounder buckles

Jimmy Dykes does love the SEC...but the big deal with Festus Ezeli being out is that he is great, and a HUGE piece of Vandy's team...and the fact that he got himself suspended, did it to himself, not injured. No Louisville player means as much to their team that Festus does...but Louisville missing 4 or 5 injured players does hurt them quite a bit and deserves attention.

He's also talked about Louisville quite a bit too though..
vundy33 Wrote:Jimmy Dykes does love the SEC...but the big deal with Festus Ezeli being out is that he is great, and a HUGE piece of Vandy's team...and the fact that he got himself suspended, did it to himself, not injured. No Louisville player means as much to their team that Festus does...but Louisville missing 4 or 5 injured players does hurt them quite a bit and deserves attention.

He's also talked about Louisville quite a bit too though..

I agree! Im not gonna lie I started to mute the TV when I saw him but he actually wasnt near as bad as I thought. If ezeli was injured I would feel sorry for vandy but suspension? thats his own problem! I think Louisville was hurt more by players been out though still. That was a great game! Im still psyched
However you could hear the disappointment in his voice when siva hit the layup! But still every announcer has there favorites, but this guy is worse than Dickie V I think lol
I cannot stand Jimmy Dykes. He irritates the living shit outta me.
Pretty simple, whenever their is a key SEC on primetime on ESPN.

Jimmy Dykes is one who's most familiar with that conference, thus he calls all those games.
Jimmy Dykes is to the SEC, what Dickie V is to the ACC!
I think it is refreshing to get a non-ACC broadcaster!
^You'll get your fill of Jimmy Dykes this year
Don't worry lol
Ahh Sparty, shut up.
SPARTY, you shut your mouth! Jimmy Dykes is a saint and knows more about basketball, then you'll ever know about the fine things in life.

Yeah, I know that was stupid, lol.
Seriously though, Dykes is my favorite announcer, and I'm sad he's yet to call a UK game yet. Can't wait for the SEC season to roll around!
And yes, he is the biggest SEC homer ever. But I'm pretty sure he loves UK basketball more than his wife and children.