Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Attendance at the finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[SIZE="6"]Class A: 5386
Class AA: 7077[/SIZE]

Has this surprised anyone?

What was the attendance in 2009 and 2010?
close to 8,000 for the 6A game
I'm watching the Mayfield/Hazard replay and even though there was 5,000+ the stadium looks all but empty. Kind of looks like overkill just from the size of the place. Seems to me like they could find a more centrally located field with enough size to accomodate up to say 15,000. Why was it that they stopped having the games in Richmond?
Class 6A: 6691

according to khsaa site at http://www.khsaa.org/football/2011/6a/xlive.htm

6A lower than 2A is bad. Trinity and Scott County fans did not travel well for this one.
The announcers were saying that is was a great crowd. They credited the good weather to people coming out to the game.
Wise one Wrote:Class 6A: 6691

6A lower than 2A is bad. Trinity and Scott County fans did not travel well for this one.

Glasgow is super close to WKU, nice day.

Trinity and Scott Co. fans dont want to travel for a blowout.
birdman44 Wrote:Glasgow is super close to WKU, nice day.

Trinity and Scott Co. fans dont want to travel for a blowout.

If that's the case, Trinity games must be the least watched in the state.
Good numbers for sure!!
The 3A Finals will see a great crowd from Pond Creek...

What makes it worse is that Trinity and Scott County both have huge enrollments.

Also, huge showing by both sides in the 2A state final. Not shocked that Glasgow brought a lot of fans being 30 minutes away, but HC is 3 hours away and brought a pretty good sized crowd.
BelfryPride Wrote:The 3A Finals will see a great crowd from Pond Creek...

I'd give anything to be there to cheer them on.
Spud6 Wrote:I'd give anything to be there to cheer them on.

As would I!!!!
toussaints Wrote:What makes it worse is that Trinity and Scott County both have huge enrollments.

Also, huge showing by both sides in the 2A state final. Not shocked that Glasgow brought a lot of fans being 30 minutes away, but HC is 3 hours away and brought a pretty good sized crowd.

Yes, they video announcer even said that Glasgow brought an incredible number of people for their game. So, distance certainly had the most to do with yesterdays games.
Spud6 Wrote:Good numbers for sure!!

Ummm, I think the surprise of this thread is they are NOT good numbers:welcome:

The only reason you could have for wanting to see this game as a Scott County fan is because it was the last game for your kid or because you realized that you had a chance to see something special line up against him. I'd like to see a picture of both sides of the stadium just to get an idea of the crowd breakdown. Maybe Trinity fans are getting jaded.:yikes:
toussaints Wrote:What makes it worse is that Trinity and Scott County both have huge enrollments.

With a stop or two, you are looking at closer to four hours. However, I think anytime you have a school there for the first time, you are going to get a pretty good turnout.
Bet attendance would be A LOT higher if they eliminated the needless first round playoff game and moved the finals up a week to the Thanksgiving weekend. Nah, makes too much sense.
Bowling Green just isn't somewhere I want to drive to for 4-5 hours just to watch football. Louisville had so much more to offer.
region Wrote:Bowling Green just isn't somewhere I want to drive to for 4-5 hours just to watch football. Louisville had so much more to offer.

Agreed! Plus tired of seeing blowouts.
The Pizza box is too big for the games. You are so far off the field its terrible. Louisville is a great city but the venue sucks.
^ Then lets take it to UK Wink
Stardust Wrote:^ Then lets take it to UK Wink

To be honest I have never been there. Alabama fan here LOL.
Wise one Wrote:[SIZE="6"]Class A: 5386
Class AA: 7077[/SIZE]

Has this surprised anyone?

What was the attendance in 2009 and 2010?

In 2010 the attendance was:

Class A 5761
Class AA 7964
Class AAA 5792
Class AAAA 13,167
Class AAAAA 5959
Class AAAAAA 9116

So far the Class A & AA & AAAAAA games were all more attended in 2010.

I would say AAAA will not surpass last year.
I have been told that they would go to Commonwealth IF there were turf?! I say play it on grass and let's move it to Lexington!
I think the 4A and 5A games will be well attended and there is Belfry fans all over town. The Attendance will be close to last years, if not better.
I would love to see the state finals played at Commonwealth Stadium, but it's tought to do that with grass. For now, I like the state finals in Bowling Green. It's a much better trip than Louisville.
region Wrote:Bowling Green just isn't somewhere I want to drive to for 4-5 hours just to watch football. Louisville had so much more to offer.

This!:HitWall:
GetChili Wrote:I would love to see the state finals played at Commonwealth Stadium, but it's tought to do that with grass. For now, I like the state finals in Bowling Green. It's a much better trip than Louisville.

Can you imagine what UK's field would look like after 6 games if it was a rainy weekend? I don't think the University wants to mess up their beautiful field.
UK is not an option.

Eastern doesn't have enough hotels to accommodate all the teams.

Louisville is still playing football and can't commit thier field. Louisville doesn't even put a bid in to host the games.
Again I say,"what was wrong with EKU at Richmond? Didn't they hold them there before?
The state finals were held at Hangar field at EKU in Richmond in '73,'74 and '76,'77. The field has improved since then and has been renamed Roy Kidd Stadium. It seats 22,000 and has a nice SF II synthetic turf playing surface. Richmond is about as centrally located as you can get in Kentucky and have a place that can accomodate the crowds and an artificial surface. Sounds like a no-brainer to me,but,I would like to know why they stopped having the finals there in the first place. Anyone know?
Pages: 1 2