Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Camaro or Mustang
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which car is better?
Camaro, Coming from a proud Owner Smile
Camaro everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Its heads above the mustang and everyone within a five mile radius of anyone has a mustang.
Plus there slow as crud.

Stock GT Mustang 15 second quarter
Stock z 28 camaro 14 second quarter

Stock cobra mustang 12 second Quarter
MY LS1 Camaro 10.9 second quarter

This is atleast from my experience at the drag strip.
Im sure some of you think this may very

plus the fact that sooner or later all mustangs end up in there eventual home....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVJv6hQho5x6oW6GFaJch...-wQUQN1P4u]

And the award to ugliest car of all time.....
Fox body mustang
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTlDrjKGXu0hHY8n7naGC...5dXsA_zOnk]

And the award for the prettiest car of all time....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDxmfMip2TN2f-e2-Crcl...RB9X3g8q5Q]
I've never owned or drove either and like both, but I prefer the stang.
No contest, Camaro.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Camaro everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Its heads above the mustang and everyone within a five mile radius of anyone has a mustang.
Plus there slow as crud.

Stock GT Mustang 15 second quarter
Stock z 28 camaro 14 second quarter

Stock cobra mustang 12 second Quarter
MY LS1 Camaro 10.9 second quarter

This is atleast from my experience at the drag strip.
Im sure some of you think this may very

plus the fact that sooner or later all mustangs end up in there eventual home....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVJv6hQho5x6oW6GFaJch...-wQUQN1P4u]

And the award to ugliest car of all time.....
Fox body mustang
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTlDrjKGXu0hHY8n7naGC...5dXsA_zOnk]

And the award for the prettiest car of all time....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDxmfMip2TN2f-e2-Crcl...RB9X3g8q5Q]

Wow RIUTG, we finally agree on something lol.
I agree with you Westy.. I used to drive a Mustang and they are just so smooth..
I've never driven a Camaro but I have rode in an older model one..

T-tops, V8, dual exhaust, it was a bad-outfit.. Had a lot of power.
I like both - but if I had to choose I'd buy a stang.
Not to mention, a regular stang' vs regular Camaro cost wise.. You will be saving a lot of money going with Ford..
I had a 1983 Camaro Berlinetta. T-Tops and all the goodies. I sure wish I had it now!
Stardust Wrote:I had a 1983 Camaro Berlinetta. T-Tops and all the goodies. I sure wish I had it now!

Funny thing is, they are probably worth way more now in great working condition then they where then.
I would by a camaro right now, they are sharp, but...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=2...NeVu7nIC1Q
Ballers Wrote:Funny thing is, they are probably worth way more now in great working condition then they where then.

thats the reason I want it back....
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Wow RIUTG, we finally agree on something lol.

lol, i guess we have found our common place.
Crossbones Wrote:I would by a camaro right now, they are sharp, but...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=2...NeVu7nIC1Q

If youre going to go Shelby, and bring out big brother, which is probably the fastest stock thing Ford has ever put out, im assuming, (im no car whiz) then to you my friend i say here is my big brother...........

[Image: 100610_10.jpg]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If youre going to go Shelby, and bring out big brother, which is probably the fastest stock thing Ford has ever put out, im assuming, (im no car whiz) then to you my friend i say here is my big brother...........

[Image: 100610_10.jpg]

:biggrinTongueoint taken.. I am a corvette lover and is my dream car. The Shelby gt500 will push corvette over the top.
My dream car is the Shelby GT500...but today's Camaro's are affordable for me, and not to mention beautiful and vagina magnets...I'd go with a Camaro now if I couldn't get a Shelby.
The new Shelby GT500 will push 650 horse's compared to covette's king of the hill ZR1 which pushes 638hp. The shelby will come home for under $100k and the ZR1 over $130k. Food for thought.
Crossbones Wrote:The new Shelby GT500 will push 650 horse's compared to covette's king of the hill ZR1 which pushes 638hp. The shelby will come home for under $100k and the ZR1 over $130k. Food for thought.

While the VET weighs less and will still be the top car.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:While the VET weighs less and will still be the top car.

Absolutely the Vette is the top car. Don't get me wrong, I love the Vette. Would pick it over any of them. The new Shelby is no slouch thou. The added weight on the shelby is a positive more than a neg. thou. Look at it this way. The extra weight adds extra traction while the vette will move it will also struggle to gain traction. I have no dog in this fight and would take any of the three mentioned.
I LOL at this thread hahaha, Now first off Im a Chevy Guy and always have been and always will be, Now with that said dont know which Camaro or Mustangs your talking about running 14s' and 15s' but the New 2011+ Models It pains me to say The Mustang will Beat the Camaro on the strip and thats because the Camaro weighs over 3800lbs and the mustang is around 3500lbs. The Mustang will run 12's bone stock and the New 5.0 responds very well to mods. Ford now makes some pretty good power N/A.
Now the argument about the weight of the Shelby helps is ridiculous, Also the Base C-6 is pretty good running cars so dont write them off, Weight makes a big difference and I promise the less amount you have the better.

My brother and I have both had and have some F bodys ( camaro, trans am) I sold mine a few years ago, He sold his White Trans am earlier in the year, it had a iron block 408 in it 6 speed with a 9 inch and ran 10.74@126 on motor. He bought a used 08 Jet stream blue Corvette w/5900 miles on it, It had a ecs supercharger with all supporting mods on it and its in a whole different leauge as far as street racing or even at the track. The Ta made 525 Rwhp and the Vette now makes 765 rwhp but is going under the knife. Ill post some links of it getting down In mexico LOL and some from the track in a minute.
The blue c6 is My brothers in all these Vids. These first vids are from Summernites Cruise
http://www.youtube.com/user/OrangeSrt200...jsRyASF78g
http://www.youtube.com/user/OrangeSrt200...rWLJanYr0s
http://www.youtube.com/user/OrangeSrt200...n8Q4b56yq4 The Blue Z28 was my old car
http://www.youtube.com/user/OrangeSrt200...p_Nfwhe9AQ

Here is one of him Racing a Modded Yamaha R1

Here is one of the White Ta at the track
Camaro. Chevy guy here. Hate Ford!!!!
I dislike everything Ford besides the Mustang...if I had to classify myself one or the other, it'd be Chevy I guess.
Billnz28 Wrote:I LOL at this thread hahaha, Now first off Im a Chevy Guy and always have been and always will be, Now with that said dont know which Camaro or Mustangs your talking about running 14s' and 15s' but the New 2011+ Models It pains me to say The Mustang will Beat the Camaro on the strip and thats because the Camaro weighs over 3800lbs and the mustang is around 3500lbs. The Mustang will run 12's bone stock and the New 5.0 responds very well to mods. Ford now makes some pretty good power N/A.
Now the argument about the weight of the Shelby helps is ridiculous, Also the Base C-6 is pretty good running cars so dont write them off, Weight makes a big difference and I promise the less amount you have the better.

My brother and I have both had and have some F bodys ( camaro, trans am) I sold mine a few years ago, He sold his White Trans am earlier in the year, it had a iron block 408 in it 6 speed with a 9 inch and ran 10.74@126 on motor. He bought a used 08 Jet stream blue Corvette w/5900 miles on it, It had a ecs supercharger with all supporting mods on it and its in a whole different leauge as far as street racing or even at the track. The Ta made 525 Rwhp and the Vette now makes 765 rwhp but is going under the knife. Ill post some links of it getting down In mexico LOL and some from the track in a minute.

Yea i agree.
I have no idea about the new cars.
Havent been around them at all and i couldnt tell you anything about them.
I was referring to them up until the Camaro stopped production in 2001.

The Vette hands down is the best.
Crossbones Wrote::biggrinTongueoint taken.. I am a corvette lover and is my dream car. The Shelby gt500 will push corvette over the top.

I cant believe i completely forgot the Shelby.
Dumb move on my part, and also the best looking Mustang IMO.

Weight does have a great deal to do with draggin.
With the Corvette being so light it makes it nearly impossible to beat by any other stock car.

Didnt the new stock Vette break the stock car fastest time coming in at like 220 MPH on the cours track?
I think they also broke a few more records as well with it.
Im probably the biggest car guy on this thread. I freakin LOVE cars. Honestly, its all in what you want. I absolutely adore the Mustangs, but I admit those Camaros are some pretty bad rides themselves. We live in an amazing muscle car era right now. Anytime you can get 300+ horsepower in a BASE Mustang or Camaro and run legit 14s with a V6, you really cant go wrong. Then you have the 5.0 412hp, or the 650 horse (coming soon) Shelby on the Ford side, matched up to the 420 horse or the 550 horse (coming soon) ZL-1 Camaro. Its all in what you like to look at. Your gonna go fast in both of them. I can promise you that you'll have more power than you'll ever need or use no matter what you step into. I drive a 500+ horse C5 Z06 that is my baby. There are some super cool cars out there, man...Dont forget Dodge also makes a pretty badass Challenger too. May wanna give it a look. Ive not driven one, but that 6 speed mated to that Hemi looks like it would be a riot..I dont like the fact that it weighs 927 tons, but it is definitely a fast car and easy on the eyes..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Im probably the biggest car guy on this thread. I freakin LOVE cars. Honestly, its all in what you want. I absolutely adore the Mustangs, but I admit those Camaros are some pretty bad rides themselves. We live in an amazing muscle car era right now. Anytime you can get 300+ horsepower in a BASE Mustang or Camaro and run legit 14s with a V6, you really cant go wrong. Then you have the 5.0 412hp, or the 650 horse (coming soon) Shelby on the Ford side, matched up to the 420 horse or the 550 horse (coming soon) ZL-1 Camaro. Its all in what you like to look at. Your gonna go fast in both of them. I can promise you that you'll have more power than you'll ever need or use no matter what you step into. I drive a 500+ horse C5 Z06 that is my baby. There are some super cool cars out there, man...Dont forget Dodge also makes a pretty badass Challenger too. May wanna give it a look. Ive not driven one, but that 6 speed mated to that Hemi looks like it would be a riot..I dont like the fact that it weighs 927 tons, but it is definitely a fast car and easy on the eyes..

Great post, as long as someone will buy American made, ill never get after them. Even if they think there Cobalt is bad ass like so many youngster (who are incredibly wrong) does.

Good point about the v6 rides. My little bro had a v6 Camaro, 00 model with a 3800 series in it and boy was it fast. I was honestly surprised at how well made that car was to be a v6. The 3.4 they came out with was trash, but i loved his ride when he was alive, and so did he. Plus you cant beat that chevy red.

What there doing now with v6's are inredible. The fact that there making v6's to produce 320 horse power in the camaros are awesome. The v6 mustangs aint bad either.

I never was much of a dodge man period, but with the advances in technology, theyve came along way, even if they are a tank.
Maybe the second biggest car guy on this thread and atleast 3rd on the board LOL just sayin....... If your from Jenkins and have a 500 hp C5 then I should know you or atleast some of the same people, Do you get on kyhorsepower.com?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Im probably the biggest car guy on this thread. I freakin LOVE cars. Honestly, its all in what you want. I absolutely adore the Mustangs, but I admit those Camaros are some pretty bad rides themselves. We live in an amazing muscle car era right now. Anytime you can get 300+ horsepower in a BASE Mustang or Camaro and run legit 14s with a V6, you really cant go wrong. Then you have the 5.0 412hp, or the 650 horse (coming soon) Shelby on the Ford side, matched up to the 420 horse or the 550 horse (coming soon) ZL-1 Camaro. Its all in what you like to look at. Your gonna go fast in both of them. I can promise you that you'll have more power than you'll ever need or use no matter what you step into. I drive a 500+ horse C5 Z06 that is my baby. There are some super cool cars out there, man...Dont forget Dodge also makes a pretty badass Challenger too. May wanna give it a look. Ive not driven one, but that 6 speed mated to that Hemi looks like it would be a riot..I dont like the fact that it weighs 927 tons, but it is definitely a fast car and easy on the eyes..
Billnz28 Wrote:Maybe the second biggest car guy on this thread and atleast 3rd on the board LOL just sayin....... If your from Jenkins and have a 500 hp C5 then I should know you or atleast some of the same people, Do you get on kyhorsepower.com?

Maybe, and then again just maybe not!!! The old man may just give some of you youngsters a run for the money. :biggrin:

Seriously I'm trying to post pictures of some of mine and for some reason my uploads keep failing. Hopefully I get them on though.
Stardust Wrote:I had a 1983 Camaro Berlinetta. T-Tops and all the goodies. I sure wish I had it now!

A Berlinetta!!! That's a chick car Dusty.....j/k:biggrin:
Pages: 1 2