Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rondo leaving Boston???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I saw this on ESPN that if chris paul would sign an extension they would give up rondo or something?
Dumb in my opinion!!
Paul has already said he wasn't gonna sign an extension with the Celtics and that's what the Celtics was wanting
Danny since is just trying to dismantle his team. First Perkins now Rondo. Oh well
Yahoo Sports is reporting that Paul wants to be traded to the Knicks but there's another website saying that Paul hasn't demanded a trade
Strikeout King Wrote:Yahoo Sports is reporting that Paul wants to be traded to the Knicks but there's another website saying that Paul hasn't demanded a trade

Thats why if i was the Hornets front office, I trade him to who ever they need to. Not a team he wants to go to.
The Hornets are currently ran by the NBA Front office, so they will not make a trade that is bad for the NBA, they will probably send him to either a team like Miami, LA Lakers, New York, etc... or a really bad team with a big-star like Minnesota, LA Clippers, etc... No mid-level team is going to get him.
Ainge said earlier today that he has no plans to deal Rondo.
^ They said they weren't "actively" seeking to trade him.

Meaning...
they are taking offers lol
Amun-Ra Wrote:Ainge said earlier today that he has no plans to deal Rondo.

I had heard this as well.
What about Deron Williams? Heard he wasn't going to be staying in NJ.. Well Brooklyn now..
Yeah, Ainge says he isn't actively pursuing, but only came out and said it when Chris Paul closed the door, lol.

That would be like a rumor going around that I wanted to marry Megan Fox. I say nothing about it and let the rumor swirl until Megan Fox says no way. Once she says it, then I come out and say that I never did want to marry her. Nobody believes the Celtics organization.
Ballers Wrote:What about Deron Williams? Heard he wasn't going to be staying in NJ.. Well Brooklyn now..

He didn't sign the extension....
but that's because he can make more money with the new CBA if he becomes a FA.

He would be dumb to sign the extension whether he's staying or leaving.
I released a statement today.

"I will only sign a contract extension if I'm traded to the Knicks"

It works for everyone else.
I might as well try lol
Saw where some "NBA expert" said and I'm paraphrasing; if the Celtics had CP3 instead of Rondo the last few years, they'd won multiple championships.

Agree or disagree? I strongly disagree.
Aslan Wrote:Saw where some "NBA expert" said and I'm paraphrasing; if the Celtics had CP3 instead of Rondo the last few years, they'd won multiple championships.

Agree or disagree? I strongly disagree.

I believe that CP3 is overrated...
so I don't know.

I will say this.
Chris Paul is a more complete PG and that changes the way teams would have guarded them.
The fact that Chris Paul has a jump shot would have given a lot of teams problems with as many weapons the Celtics have had.
zaga_fan Wrote:I believe that CP3 is overrated...
so I don't know.

I will say this.
Chris Paul is a more complete PG and that changes the way teams would have guarded them.
The fact that Chris Paul has a jump shot would have given a lot of teams problems with as many weapons the Celtics have had.

CP3 hasnt had the teams that rondo has had either. CP3 is more of an offensive threat than rondo is... So I would have to agree with the comment that the celtics would have won many more rings
theVILLE Wrote:CP3 hasnt had the teams that rondo has had either. CP3 is more of an offensive threat than rondo is... So I would have to agree with the comment that the celtics would have won many more rings
Ur full of it because I don't see Chris Paul going out and getting triple doubles and being the only reason the Celtics win some of thsoe games. Yea he can shoot better then Rondo. That is all has has over Rajon.
theVILLE Wrote:CP3 hasnt had the teams that rondo has had either. CP3 is more of an offensive threat than rondo is... So I would have to agree with the comment that the celtics would have won many more rings

The Celtics won the finals because they was the best defensive team In the league. Cp3 would not work there.
I bet he ends up at the Clippers.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Ur full of it because I don't see Chris Paul going out and getting triple doubles and being the only reason the Celtics win some of thsoe games. Yea he can shoot better then Rondo. That is all has has over Rajon.

There is a reason you don't see cp3 getting Triple doubles for the clerics, that's because he does t play for then. Cp3 is the best pg In the league IMO
Until injuries hit him, CP3 was the best PG in the league. Now he's lost a few steps and can't seem to stay healthy.
theVILLE Wrote:There is a reason you don't see cp3 getting Triple doubles for the clerics, that's because he does t play for then. Cp3 is the best pg In the league IMO
Paul is the best PG in the league but not the best for the Celtics. Rondo is their guy. He fits their style and image better than Paul. Rondo has that toughness that Boston fans love.

Fact is Paul would not have did the things that Rondo did for the Celtics in the past few Playoffs. His game does not lend to that. Without Rondo the Celtics lose.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I bet he ends up at the Clippers.

Hopefully not. That's like the "hell" of the NBA.
^Not anymore. That team has a bright future. One superstar away from being a serious contender.
Aslan Wrote:^Not anymore. That team has a bright future. One superstar away from being a serious contender.

I definitely agree, they do have a superstar in Griffin, and Gordon is a very good talent. Jordan, Bledsoe, and a couple of others there have very good potential.

The only problem is that it's the Clippers...only they would know the direct answer to finding a way to screw that good team up.
Hopefully things turn around for them. Seems like the owner is actually starting to care. They're going after Dwight & CP3.
^ that would be pretty cool to see. It would be cool to see them and the Lakers both highly competitive and eventually matching up against each other in a playoff series.
^ What happened with the New Jersey deal for Dwight?
From what ESPN has said, they're 4 teams in for Dwight Howard.
Lakers
Clippers
Nets
Knicks
Pages: 1 2