Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central 71 - Powell County 49
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Coaches vs. Cancer Classic @ Perry County Central
about what I figured
Congrats Dores. Jaysean still on the sidelines?
I called 72-50... Just about got it right..

No Jaysean^
^seen that. Good call. I was really wondering was he still there. Heard rumors he left.
Stats? And when is Jaysean going to play?
Seems about right!

Congrats Dores!
Powell Co. 12 16 9 12 49

Perry Co. Central 20 11 14 26 71

Coaches vs. Cancer Classic

Powell Co. (1-1) -- Conner 4, Dennis 3, Pelphrey 15, Monnett 3, Marcum 17, .B Goodwin 5, Hubbard 2.

Perry Co. Central (1-0) -- Cornett 9, Combs 2, Huff 7, Beverly 23, A. Pray 16, Smith 7, Kelly 2, Beatty 5.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...z1fFZML0bZ
Big game by the Braxton.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^seen that. Good call. I was really wondering was he still there. Heard rumors he left.

Nope still there.
^Is he aloud to sit the bench or practice or anything?
Good. How much longer does the commissioner have to sign off on his appeal?
16 from Pray...Wow...Going to be tough to sit him when Jaysean gets eligible.
Braxton Beverly is just a stright balla isn't he? lol
conrgats to PCC
Spud6 Wrote:^Is he aloud to sit the bench or practice or anything?

That I don't know.
Very poor performance by the Commodores. They may of had first home game gitters or something, but the Cornett kid got in foul trouble, Combs turned his ankle in the 2nd quarter and did not return, Braxton did everything and Pray played a very good game finally getting back to before he broke his leg last year.

I believe the Commish has 15 days to rule on the appeal, from last Friday when the paper work was released from the judge. So due to the football state finals the rest of the week, I would say the decision will come early next week sometime. Should be interesting to see what happens.
kyle huff was very weak in this game he couldnt even get a rebound poor little guy
Powell Was only down 3 at half time and 8 at the end of the 3rd. Something the Pirates can build on. They look like a different team. They have players that will actually work hard this year.
Congrats Perry Central.
Congrads Perry,,Huff will be fine as soon as he gets his basketball legs under him.
true hater Wrote:kyle huff was very weak in this game he couldnt even get a rebound poor little guy

His rebounds were right up there with your IQ :lame:
You're definitely right about that. You cant count out Powell in the region. They have a great team and their bench is deep. They have 12 players they can put in at anytime and are a hard working team. Coach Hall is doing a good job with these boys. Can't wait to see the rest of the season.
Good job PCC, no surprise that Braxton broke out with 20+..
Ive got a bad feeling the Paige kid wont be allowed to play....
^ Me too, RIUTG. They need to hurry up so he can maybe play ball somewhere though.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive got a bad feeling the Paige kid wont be allowed to play....

Don't we all? lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Don't we all? lol

No, only PCC fans. I don't want to have to watch my team play against this kid. lol But all joking aside, I do hope he is able to play.
I was at the game an pcc is def not the #1 team in the region an if they r Powell should b n the top 6 at least. Powells guards were n foul trouble all game an they were having there bigger forwards playin the pt. had 14 to turnovers in the 4th alone due to both pt guards fouling out. The big Dennis kid was n foul trouble too. The score was not evident on how close this game rlly was. W jaysean if he plays I can see them being #1 without him def not. If this game was at a neutral site Powell would have had a way better chance. Powell is gonna turn some heads this yr if they can stay out of foul trouble
basketballfan10 Wrote:I was at the game an pcc is def not the #1 team in the region an if they r Powell should b n the top 6 at least. Powells guards were n foul trouble all game an they were having there bigger forwards playin the pt. had 14 to turnovers in the 4th alone due to both pt guards fouling out. The big Dennis kid was n foul trouble too. The score was not evident on how close this game rlly was. W jaysean if he plays I can see them being #1 without him def not. If this game was at a neutral site Powell would have had a way better chance. Powell is gonna turn some heads this yr if they can stay out of foul trouble

There's no way that Powell is in the Top 6th, there not even in the Top 10 according to the Cats Pause and they do a pretty good job at doing the previews. When Powell starts beating Perry Central (well they already played them and lost 71-49), Knott County Central, Hazard, Breathitt County. If Paige get's eligible at Perry Central then they'll win the Region again. Powell is a good team and can give teams fits but with the talent they lost last year they'll finish around .500

here's the Top 10 from the Cats Pause

1. Perry Co Central
2. Buckhorn
3. Letcher Central
4. Hazard
5. Knott Central
6. Breathitt Co
7. Leslie Co
8. Wolfe Co
9. Lee County
10. Estill Co
Pages: 1 2