Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport Catholic's Zach Kiernan to U of L?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
His dad and Uncle both went to Notre Dame, but as of yet, no offer from the Irish, if any of you have seen this kid play he is a monster.

If ND offers he'll be there.

He's a great kid who will do well wherever he goes.

I absolutely can not wait to see this kid play next year.
very good football player
How good is he really?

As the year went on--he definitely got better. But is he good enough to play at ND or Louisville? Right now--I am not so sure. Yes--he has the frame and he can put on a lot more weight. But bull rushing straight ahead will get you a headache and a spot on the scout team at the college level.

This year will tell the story for me. He definitely has potential--but it doesn't take a lot to beat up on the Dayton's, Holy Crosses, Bracken Counties of the world.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:How good is he really?

As the year went on--he definitely got better. But is he good enough to play at ND or Louisville? Right now--I am not so sure. Yes--he has the frame and he can put on a lot more weight. But bull rushing straight ahead will get you a headache and a spot on the scout team at the college level.

This year will tell the story for me. He definitely has potential--but it doesn't take a lot to beat up on the Dayton's, Holy Crosses, Bracken Counties of the world.
He has the frame, the size, the smarts, and most importantly the pedigree, you and I both know that's enough for a Big time school to go get the kid.
98NCCalum Wrote:He has the frame, the size, the smarts, and most importantly the pedigree, you and I both know that's enough for a Big time school to go get the kid.

I definitely agree with that. And I definitely agree that he got to be a lot better as the year went on last year.

But still--how good is he now--and how good can he be?

One thing in his favor would be playing basketball this year. He was already pretty athletic--but basketball will definitely help with footwork, agility, etc.

I have also read a little bit about him playing tight end. I am not sure how that would end up.

I personally think that his future will revolve around the offensive side of the ball (even though he stood out defensively last year). But I am not sure about the TE thing. I also broke out a couple films last night and watched a few minutes. He had his shining moments--but he also struggled with a couple of our mediocre O-linemen. That would mean more this coming year naturally.

But--he is an interesting prospect. I am real interested in seeing what they do with him this year at NCC. I would LOVE it if they moved him to TE.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I definitely agree with that. And I definitely agree that he got to be a lot better as the year went on last year.

But still--how good is he now--and how good can he be?

One thing in his favor would be playing basketball this year. He was already pretty athletic--but basketball will definitely help with footwork, agility, etc.

I have also read a little bit about him playing tight end. I am not sure how that would end up.

I personally think that his future will revolve around the offensive side of the ball (even though he stood out defensively last year). But I am not sure about the TE thing. I also broke out a couple films last night and watched a few minutes. He had his shining moments--but he also struggled with a couple of our mediocre O-linemen. That would mean more this coming year naturally.

But--he is an interesting prospect. I am real interested in seeing what they do with him this year at NCC. I would LOVE it if they moved him to TE.
Haha, I'll bet you would.

I don't see that happening though.

He did struggle at times this year, but remember, he was hurt most of the year as well.

He got better as the year went on and that leg healed last year.

I don't think anyone can guess how good he can, be hopefully we'll see this year.