Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia 67 South Floyd 55
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cordia was without boz sumner. But very disappointing performance imo by the lions. Could have played a lot better.
^josh mullins led the team with 20 pts
Congrats Lions
Congrats to Coach Rhodes on getting his first coaching win.
KHSAA has the final score listed as 68-57 but, either way it is nice to see the Lions get there season started off with a win and I am sure that they will only get better!

Congrats Lions!!
Congrats Cordia. Can't wait to see them play.
Cordia 10 19 17 22 68

South Floyd 8 11 20 18 57

Cordia (1-0) -- K. Williams 10, A. Williams 15, Hudson 12, Owens 9, Mullins 20, Combs 2.

South Floyd (1-1) -- Marson 29, Daniels 4, Bailey 6, Salisbury 4, Thornsberry 6, Martin 8.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...z1fAIDMZLF
KHSAA12 Wrote:Cordia was without boz sumner. But very disappointing performance imo by the lions. Could have played a lot better.
Are you crazy it a win? Disappointing performance they won. :please:
Congrats Cordia!
Congrats Cordia
Congrats Lions.
Congrats goes out to the Lions! Also congrats to Coach Rhodes on his first win as Cordia's coach.

Sounds like they missed Boz cuz South Floyd aint much. I believe Knott play South Floyd in a scrimmage and beat them like 50 points.

The Lions can only get better. I am looking forward to seeing the team play as they grow as a team. Thursday of next week Cordia plays Knott on Lotts Creek...I will defiantly be there.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Cordia was without boz sumner. But very disappointing performance imo by the lions. Could have played a lot better.

Why didn't he play?
^Had an infected tooth that had been pulled earlier that day.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Congrats goes out to the Lions! Also congrats to Coach Rhodes on his first win as Cordia's coach.

Sounds like they missed Boz cuz South Floyd aint much. I believe Knott play South Floyd in a scrimmage and beat them like 50 points.

The Lions can only get better. I am looking forward to seeing the team play as they grow as a team. Thursday of next week Cordia plays Knott on Lotts Creek...I will defiantly be there.

Why will you be defiant? Did somebody wrong you?
Just an honest question about something I heard but I will not go into detail due to not wanting to spread rumors. Is Rhodes still the coach at Cordia as of today?
^lol yea why?
Just heard he was let go. I will not say why because if its false then it does not matter.
^I can assure that rumor is 100% false.
Thanks for the update.
It was the girls coach that was let go I believe, the one from Florida.

On another note, when does Cordia open up at home? and will there be enough parking and seating to get everyone that wants to come inside a seat?
think the first home game for them is on Monday against Jackson City. Should be a packed house at the lions den. I have looked at their schedule this year and it's looking to me, just my opinion, like a 12-18 or 13-17 kind of a season for the Lions from what I have seen so far around the area. Good luck to them and Coach Rhodes.
Can't wait to see South Floyd later in the year. Is Cordia not as good as advertised?
region Wrote:Is Cordia not as good as advertised?

Very very young. Rhodes has a lot of work to do with them, but they play hard and listen to him, so they will be much better as the year goes, but they are really a year or two away and maybe another transfer from being able to compete in this region, or even their own district. Them and Jenkins will be a pretty good game for 3rd in the district.
Wall4president Wrote:Very very young. Rhodes has a lot of work to do with them, but they play hard and listen to him, so they will be much better as the year goes, but they are really a year or two away and maybe another transfer from being able to compete in this region, or even their own district. Them and Jenkins will be a pretty good game for 3rd in the district.

That should make for some good, long threads over the summer. :popcorn:
D1Recruiter Wrote:It was the girls coach that was let go I believe, the one from Florida.

On another note, when does Cordia open up at home? and will there be enough parking and seating to get everyone that wants to come inside a seat?

I would think their gym doesn't seat much more than 200.

Probably be a lot of folks listening to the Killer B that night.
^say your right lol. They are in the process of remodeling. The floors been down for about month or so now, the wall behind the visitors goal has been takin out and a set of bleachers will be there . And I'm pretty sure next year the old boys and girls dressing room above the consession stand is being tore down and both staircases will lead to bleachers. Won't be much, but help a lot with sitting after they see the fan capacity this season imo.
^
Like the idea.
Good job Cordia.
Crongrats my Lions!!! lol, keep it up! They was without two of their key players, Marcus Sumner and Dalton Davidson, I guess Dalton didn't play because he just now rejoined the team or something. Cordia attempted 39 three pointers this game, made 9 or 10 of them. That will improve come seasons end, if they catch someone on a night where they are on fire they could run that team absolutely out of the gym
Pages: 1 2