Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg Blackcat Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I see many threads about South Floyd and other teams which inspired me to make up a thread about Prestonsburg. How far do you think they will go in the "playoffs"? Who are the key players to their success? What do they need to do in order to be a real contender for the regional crown?
Heres a good thread, if we can keep Leslie and Barnett out of foul trouble, then were gonna be one of the top contenders.IMO
Leslie and Barnett have been the key to Prestonsburg's success this year. Like you said, if they can stay out of foul trouble then Prestonsburg will go far. But, they have to get help from their guards and their bench. I'd say that is more huge than Leslie and Barnett being in foul trouble. If Prestonsburg isn't knocking down their outside shots then it could hurt them towards the end of a tight game.
When they are playing the way they can I don't think anyone in the region can beat them on a neutral court. Hughes will play a big role in how they compete for the rest of the season.
I agree with Leslie and Barnette, but another person that must be able to drive the lane and hit an open man when the defense collapses is Michael Stephens. He is also another key to their team.
I personally think that Prestonsburg has no chance in winning the region, or there district. To many teams in the 15th that can beat Prestonsburg 20+ on a good night. Not putting them down or anything, but its tournament time and season play doesn't matter. Everones record is 0-0. I look for either Paintsville, Johnson Central, Pike Central, Belfry, Lawrence County, Betsy Layne, or South Floyd to win the region.
"Itsmytime" Wrote:I personally think that Prestonsburg has no chance in winning the region, or there district. To many teams in the 15th that can beat Prestonsburg 20+ on a good night. Not putting them down or anything, but its tournament time and season play doesn't matter. Everones record is 0-0. I look for either Paintsville, Johnson Central, Pike Central, Belfry, Lawrence County, Betsy Layne, or South Floyd to win the region.

Smile Then why haven't they been beat by 20+ by those teams? And it's not because it wasn't the tournament.. because I'm sure the other teams tried.
good point 15th
good point 15th

but i still think region is wide open.
I would love to see the blackcats playing at rupp tho.
The region is wide open... it's way too early to pick a winner in this region.
The Region is wide open but back to PHS BBall, This team works hard to play TEAM ball. This is just my observation from the outside looking in. Ive seen 5 or 6 games this year from early season mid seaon to tuesday Night. Leslie and Barnette are very important to the team, Stephens is the best ball handler and plays very good defense as do Leslie and Barnette. But looking back over the games ive seen Stephens has taken back seat (scoring wise) to work the ball into the middle, and so have Herrick and McGuire. Every kid on the team seems to get along and has the drive to win even if it cost's them personal stats in the book. I guess what Im saying is it appears that any one of the Blackcats will sacrifice any publicty they may get for putting up points to help the team win. Alot of unselfishness on this team. And from what Ive seen I like the coach too.
Not far.. not even 15th region
"Itsmytime" Wrote:I personally think that Prestonsburg has no chance in winning the region, or there district. To many teams in the 15th that can beat Prestonsburg 20+ on a good night. Not putting them down or anything, but its tournament time and season play doesn't matter. Everones record is 0-0. I look for either Paintsville, Johnson Central, Pike Central, Belfry, Lawrence County, Betsy Layne, or South Floyd to win the region.

WEll if you don't go by season play how did you come to this prediction. I mean Prestonsburg just gave Paintsville all they wanted, beat THE HELL out of Johnson Central, beat Pike Central, and split the season series with South Floyd. Prestonsburg has not been beaten by double figures by anyone in the region. So for you to make the statement that "To many teams in the 15th can beat Prestonsburg by 20+" is pretty ignorant. Especially since they are the only team in the 15th Region the last 3 years to make it to the semis of the region, and the the only team in 58th District that has been in the Regional Tourney the last 4 years. If ANY team in this Region knows how to turn it up come Tourney time, it is Prestonsburg. Not to mention the District Tourney is at Prestonsburg.
"gish" Wrote:WEll if you don't go by season play how did you come to this prediction. I mean Prestonsburg just gave Paintsville all they wanted, beat THE HELL out of Johnson Central, beat Pike Central, and split the season series with South Floyd. Prestonsburg has not been beaten by double figures by anyone in the region. So for you to make the statement that "To many teams in the 15th can beat Prestonsburg by 20+" is pretty ignorant. Especially since they are the only team in the 15th Region the last 3 years to make it to the semis of the region, and the the only team in 58th District that has been in the Regional Tourney the last 4 years. If ANY team in this Region knows how to turn it up come Tourney time, it is Prestonsburg. Not to mention the District Tourney is at Prestonsburg.
Beautiful post. :worthy:
Great post Gish!!!
beautiful gish absolutley beautiful post lol.......and it was 100% correct
Prestonsburg has the best Team in the District without a doubt and They will play like Champions when they step on the court vs's South Floyd !!!
"gish" Wrote:WEll if you don't go by season play how did you come to this prediction. I mean Prestonsburg just gave Paintsville all they wanted, beat THE HELL out of Johnson Central, beat Pike Central, and split the season series with South Floyd. Prestonsburg has not been beaten by double figures by anyone in the region. So for you to make the statement that "To many teams in the 15th can beat Prestonsburg by 20+" is pretty ignorant. Especially since they are the only team in the 15th Region the last 3 years to make it to the semis of the region, and the the only team in 58th District that has been in the Regional Tourney the last 4 years. If ANY team in this Region knows how to turn it up come Tourney time, it is Prestonsburg. Not to mention the District Tourney is at Prestonsburg.

great post! TongueirateSho
I believe that Jordan Hall will play a huge role in Prestonsburgs success...He comes in in the clutch and makes some big shots...
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Prestonsburg has the best Team in the District without a doubt and They will play like Champions when they step on the court vs's South Floyd !!!

They are arguably the best but certainly not the best team without a doubt
they are tough...especially at p-burg
Hey you retarted frog. Perfect name for you. they are tough anywhere they play
yeah like at BL...didn't they win there...or SF...was they on top in that game?
south floyd has been in regional last 4 years even maybe longer last 4 years not for sure tho
No, South Floyd did not make Regionals in 2004. They were beat by #4 seed Prestonsburg in the first round of the District Tourney.
"The Misfit" Wrote:south floyd has been in regional last 4 years even maybe longer last 4 years not for sure tho

No they haven't. In 2004, Prestonsburg beat them in the opening round of the district tourney.
haha gish, we both posted it at the same time!
Gish man that was a great post. I'm just glad that the kids from Hi-Hat haven't seen this thread yet.
they will fight, watch it.
"gish" Wrote:No they haven't. In 2004, Prestonsburg beat them in the opening round of the district tourney.

I think if you are comparing the sucess of P-burg agaisnt that of SF over the last 5 or 6 years you are fighting a battle you cant win.

South Floyd
  • 2001 Regional Champs
  • 2000-2003, & don't forget 2005 District Champs (thanks to the choke of all chokes at the line by the blackcats)
  • 2005 & 2006 All A Regional Champs
  • Not to mention all the Conference Championships and one very nice WYMT-TV Mountain Classic Championship
P-Burg
  • 2004 District Champs
If you want to talk about success on the hardwoodin the 58th you need to start with SF.
Pages: 1 2