Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK #1 in both polls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll have to admit, last night's Wisconsin game certainly undercut UNC's
resume. I saw teh UNLV game for the littel anamoly it was. but it really
suprised me that UNC allowed Wisc. to dictate how that game was played.
oh well. that's just REALLY bad news for the 'Heels for Saturday.
DSRfan Wrote:I'll have to admit, last night's Wisconsin game certainly undercut UNC's
resume. I saw teh UNLV game for the littel anamoly it was. but it really
suprised me that UNC allowed Wisc. to dictate how that game was played.
oh well. that's just REALLY bad news for the 'Heels for Saturday.

Kind of like Old Dominion controlled the game against UK? That doesnt mean anything... There is Big ten basketball in which teams play slow pace, scrappy basketball... The Big Ten teams could play Hazard Community College and it would be a close game because of the style they play. UNC and UK play similar style which is Up tempo and favors both teams. UNC wanted to run the floor last night and run the score up with wisconsin, but been the great coach Bo Ryan and creating fundamentally sound teams like he does year ina year out he would wouldnt allow that...
theVILLE Wrote:Kind of like Old Dominion controlled the game against UK? That doesnt mean anything... There is Big ten basketball in which teams play slow pace, scrappy basketball... The Big Ten teams could play Hazard Community College and it would be a close game because of the style they play. UNC and UK play similar style which is Up tempo and favors both teams. UNC wanted to run the floor last night and run the score up with wisconsin, but been the great coach Bo Ryan and creating fundamentally sound teams like he does year ina year out he would wouldnt allow that...

It's one thing to control the tempo on your home court, it's another to do so on your opponents home court. You play a B10 team up there, YEAH
you're gonna grind it out. I think ODU controlling the tempo
was as much a function of UK being tired and allowing it,
as much as ODU dictating it. I HIGHLY doubt they could
do it again period, but certainly not in Rupp. And that's
when you know you're team is clicking, when YOU control
the tempo to the pace you want. Our '96 team couldn't
have been slowed down by even Dean Smith in the pre-clock
era. Hopefully in another month or so, this team will have
matured into the same kind of squad, and MAKE everyone
else play the way THEY want to.
DSRfan Wrote:It's one thing to control the tempo on your home court, it's another to do so on your opponents home court. You play a B10 team up there, YEAH
you're gonna grind it out. I think ODU controlling the tempo
was as much a function of UK being tired and allowing it,
as much as ODU dictating it. I HIGHLY doubt they could
do it again period, but certainly not in Rupp. And that's
when you know you're team is clicking, when YOU control
the tempo to the pace you want. Our '96 team couldn't
have been slowed down by even Dean Smith in the pre-clock
era. Hopefully in another month or so, this team will have
matured into the same kind of squad, and MAKE everyone
else play the way THEY want to.

I couldnt agree much more with this post with the ruppa nd UK controlling the tempo, but I dont like the excuse that UK was tired. This is kids out here, they should be in great enough shape to play like that! I dont think this years team and the 96' team should even be mentioned in the same thread lol... I was at nearly all the 96' teams games and they were amazing! Got all there sigs on a UK ball as well as the 98 championship. Any idea of how much those would be worth now?? lol
Pages: 1 2