Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What do you want for Christmas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok..I love Christmas. Probably more than anyone. I listen to Christmas music in the car sometimes to get out of a bad mood, lol. It's never to early to start talking about Christmas presents, or presents you want to give someone. What are they?

I want a UK jersey, preferably white and Gilchrist's, but I'll take a blue Darius Miller too. I want a strong Surefire flashlight, mountable of course, needs to be strong enough to blind ya in the dark. I'd like a bunch of UK stickers and some kind of UK book for deployment so I can read through it when I'm bored and on game-days so I'm close to BBN...and I'd like deployment pushed back a few months so I can watch the end of the season and tourny time.

That's about it. I'll probably think of more, and I have a bunch of stuff that I'm getting for friends that I'll include later. But this is one of them. http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=122568

OfftheHook is selling those, and they are flat out awesome if you have friends that like to party/drink, which luckily I do. I'm not a huge partier these days but I do like beer, so I'll be keeping one for myself. I won't be getting any of the gifts above so I usually gift myself, lol.

You gotta appreciate the little things, like getting excited for Christmas, or you'll lose yourself in work and all the other crap we deal with on a daily basis. Plus life can be over in a second, so I am going to appreciate and enjoy every holiday I can, especially Christmas.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas! Confusedinglepar
So nobody likes Christmas around here? Scrooges!
After the latest Thanksgiving debacle I say BAH HUMBUG on any more holidays.
Midee1 Wrote:After the latest Thanksgiving debacle I say BAH HUMBUG on any more holidays.

Thanksgiving debacle at your house?! Mine went surprisingly well...
vundy33 Wrote:Thanksgiving debacle at your house?! Mine went surprisingly well...

Unfortunately not at my house and this year it wasn't even of my doing.

First year having dinner with our son. Might be the last. LOL
Midee1 Wrote:Unfortunately not at my house and this year it wasn't even of my doing.

First year having dinner with our son. Might be the last. LOL

At least your son showed up. This was the first year my daughter wasn't home for Thanksgiving in 20 years. Took my grandson with her and this was his 1st. But, we won't get into that. Hate to hear that Midee. Hope everything works out.
OffTheHook Wrote:At least your son showed up. This was the first year my daughter wasn't home for Thanksgiving in 20 years. Took my grandson with her and this was his 1st. But, we won't get into that. Hate to hear that Midee. Hope everything works out.

Yep he showed up. It was at his house. LOL

It was their first holiday to host as newlyweds and i must say they put on a great feed for the family. (at least it looked great, I didn't get a bite of food)

Man I feel you. Luckily my oldest lives relatively close and we can get there in about 2.5 hours.

Hope you get your situation all worked out. I know it's tough.
Agreed...Thanksgiving is a great holiday and I try to always come home to eat with family. Even though I have some crazies to deal with, I don't because it's supposed to be family time, don't get alot of it and don't want to screw it up, lol.
Midee1 Wrote:Yep he showed up. It was at his house. LOL

It was their first holiday to host as newlyweds and i must say they put on a great feed for the family. (at least it looked great, I didn't get a bite of food)

Man I feel you. Luckily my oldest lives relatively close and we can get there in about 2.5 hours.

Hope you get your situation all worked out. I know it's tough.

Im going crazy here.... Did they eat without you guys?
I always give gifts and don't really care about getting them. I'm not very materialistic. I guess some more protein powder or a couple kettle bells. The older I get the less I like Christmas. I like Thanksgiving though.
Yeah, I here alot of people say that. But Christmas reminds me of when I was a kid, and didn't have all this shit on me 24/7.

I don't actually get any big Christmas gifts, I just like to think about them, lol.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Im going crazy here.... Did they eat without you guys?

Yes they did but they can't be blamed. The wife decided that she wanted to go home about 15 minutes before all the food was ready so needless to say I was pretty upset that I cooked food and took up there and deep fried a chicken to go with the ham and turkey and ended up driving home and fixing me and the baby a plate of spaghetti.
Midee1 Wrote:Yes they did but they can't be blamed. The wife decided that she wanted to go home about 15 minutes before all the food was ready so needless to say I was pretty upset that I cooked food and took up there and deep fried a chicken to go with the ham and turkey and ended up driving home and fixing me and the baby a plate of spaghetti.

Dude, I'd been so pissed that I didn't get to at least eat the food I prepared.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Dude, I'd been so pissed that I didn't get to at least eat the food I prepared.

Trust me i was!!!!

The wife heard about it for the forst 30 minutes of our drive home!
Midee1 Wrote:Trust me i was!!!!

The wife heard about it for the first 30 minutes of our drive home!

That's right! lol

:betterthanexpected: