Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Football next year!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How will we look? Will Towles be our QB or will there be a three way race for the job in the spring. Running game and recievers be better? Defense be a rebuild? What do you guys think?
I actually think the defense will be better.

QB should be wide open. If Towels as good as advertised than let the freshman have it. If not I think smith would be capable. Have to find playmakers at reciever. Maybe move some guys around. My biggest concern is the offensive line.

Who ever plays where next year the offense needs to find an identity. There was never any flow except for the last game running the wing T. I'm not saying keep that but keep it simple to minimize the mistakes and bad reads that plagued them this year.
is our schedule the same or are we gonna have Missouri and Texas A&M on there?
I think our defense will be worse. There's no way we could improve it while losing players like Danny and Winston. It'll be a good D, but not better IMO.

Gah...to early to talk about it for me. I still want to keep the high from the UT game for another week or two.
I hope Towles will be the starter. I believe that he can get the job done for the Wildcats.
How does your defense improve when you loose a player like #22? The Quarterback situation needs to be figured out as early in the year as possible. However, we could use a better WR core...IMO
With Joker - Painful

Without Joker - Hopeful
Losing Trevathan and the other seniors Like that is something every school goes through every year. Like I said, I like the way a lot of the younger guys look. They will have to step up. I also like Minter's approach as a defensive coach. Another year in the system and knowing expectations will help.
My guesses for next year.....

Branhart keeps Joker and we suck again.
Towles gets redshirted.
Smith and Newton suck as usual while Joker watches.
In the last game of the year, Tydlacka comes back to run QB against Tenn willing us to a 14-10 win.
^ I would like to see Minter as the head coach.
Don't think he would be in line, but having a defensive coach as a head coach might help us. We really need someone who can get great players. Someone who could reach out and get a surprise 3 to 4 star recruit or get a diamond in the rough. Using the Wildcat has been successful in the past and I think that is what we need to work on. Especially when we are in the red zone. Remember also that Randal Cobb was a 2 star athlete so really you can't go by that either.
And Newton was a 4 star.
Sad but unfortunately true.
Yeah..and we hardly ever get 4 stars..the one 4 star QB we do get ends up sucking. Just our luck.
Without a decent QB Kentucky will yet again have another long year. I wish Joker the best of luck. The guy is gonna need it.
Next year they will be much better. The main thing will be a improving defense, yeah we lose guy, and trevathan, but keep just about everyone else. On offense we will have 5 good running backs, and a couple of decent receivers. Quarterback will look better (still not great) with smith having a year to develop. I can honestly see us going to a more spread option look with the crazy depth we have at tailback.

As for Minter at head coach, He did a great job with a very young defense this year. I hope we can keep him for a very long time. I love his scheme and the aggresiveness.
I think Newton would be a hell of a QB if he would just calm down in the pocket and take his time and not get in a rush to be a hero, it almost seems like the guy is more worried about getting hit or messing up.
I'd love any offense besides the Pro..I hate it! We don't have the tools to run it.
I can understand the hating on NEWTON he looked like crap about every game he played. Yes the WR's dropped a few passes but he also threw balls 7 feet over there head. Plus his timing was awful! He is not a QB he needs moved to TE. If I was Joker I would redshirt Newton and move him to TE, its the kids only shot at the NFL. Smith on the other hand did a pretty good job for a true freshmen playing in the SEC. He looked good vs Ole Miss and Miss ST. He had trouble throwing the wind vs Vandy and he was a sheep for the wolves vs UGA. Smith has a nice arm and showed heart and grit.
I have said this before, Newton is a bad fit for the offense that Joker and Sanders like to run. He would be PERFECT in the old Raiders run-n-gun. He has the HUGE arm and he can scramble. Tailor the offense to fit him or let him go.
Let him go!!!!!
Next year is going to be very sad for me! Without seeing Danny and Winston out there! Those guys are warriors!!! Will be missed!
FBALL Wrote:Let him go!!!!!

Let him go??? I'd give him away for a 6-pack and a pack of Marlboros -

- I'm not sure what kind of beer the six pack would have to be for the other team to take him, but I'll get them whatever they want!!!
No, we will tell them they don't have a damn choice, and they will get Natty Light and like it!
OTOH Newton is not fit for this offense, But Smith is PERFECT for it. He will start next year more than likely I just can't see newton beating him out in the summer. Smith has the tools to be very very good once he gets more experiance.
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah..and we hardly ever get 4 stars..the one 4 star QB we do get ends up sucking. Just our luck.

The best players kentucky has had in the modern era were mostly unheralded out of high school ie Yeast, and Cobb
Confusednicker::biglmao:

sUcK football is, was, and always will be an oxymoron.
Dan, I'm starting to agree with you Dan...I feel bad for thinking that a little but I do. lol

This sucks ass!
UK will have lot of talent coming back on both sides of the ball. The defense should keep improving. I think the defensive line could be the best UK has had in a very long time. They will be returning a bunch of RB's back who have played. Plus a FB is that started about every game. The weakness will be WR again. They have to find some exsplosive play makers. The freshmen Kid that got hurt that Bama wanted bad may be the man. I think Max Smith is going to be a really good QB. It wouldn't surprise me if Towles is redshirted to put some space between him and Smith. What I hated most about this past year was how sloppy UK played. It's do or die for the Joker era!
Never should have let Moss slip threw are hands until we knew whether he could produce.
Either way, im sure it couldnt have been any worse than what little Newton has done.
Pages: 1 2