Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sources: Urban Meyer hired as new Ohio State Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former Florida Gators coach Urban Meyer has taken the head coaching job at Ohio State, according to sources.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ources-say
I love it. I hope Michigan enjoyed their victory over OSU this year. OSU is heading back to the top.
I don't like this...I like Urban, but now I have to go back to hating him...

And, I think this is a spit in the face to Florida, for leaving them with that bullshit excuse he used and quitting, then deciding he really didn't want to. That's a great thing, because I hate Florida, but if I were a nasty ugly Florida fan (except the chicks, they're beautiful), I would hate him.
Really great hire for OSU.
As with vundy, I'm not a fan of OSU, but I was a fan of Meyer.
I hate OSU but they did get a hell of a coach with Meyer. Won't be long til there back on top
"I just need to quit coaching for health reasons and i want to spend time with my family"
Bull shit.
I knew he was setting his self up for somewhere, i just didnt know where until now.
Good for him. Good Luck coach
Ooops. Posted in the wrong thread.
Quote:I don't like this...I like Urban, but now I have to go back to hating him...

And, I think this is a spit in the face to Florida, for leaving them with that bullshit excuse he used and quitting, then deciding he really didn't want to. That's a great thing, because I hate Florida, but if I were a nasty ugly Florida fan (except the chicks, they're beautiful), I would hate him.

You make a really good point.
Can't cut it in the SEC anymore without Tebow and has to go to the big 10.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:"I just need to quit coaching for health reasons and i want to spend time with my family"
Bull shit.
I knew he was setting his self up for somewhere, i just didnt know where until now.

I think many knew it would be Ohio State, this is the job he's wanted for a very long time. He's an Ohio guy, born and raised, his 1st college coaching job was an assistant at OSU. If it opened up while he was at Florida, he would've left for it. And unless he's fired from OSU, he won't be leaving for any other job.
Ohio State introduce Urban Meyer as 24th Head Football Coach

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...eyer-coach
toussaints Wrote:I think many knew it would be Ohio State, this is the job he's wanted for a very long time. He's an Ohio guy, born and raised, his 1st college coaching job was an assistant at OSU. If it opened up while he was at Florida, he would've left for it. And unless he's fired from OSU, he won't be leaving for any other job.

I knew that he graduated from UC, but not until this morning did I may have played baseball against him. We used to travel to Cleveland for baseball tournaments and we think we played his High School team in 81 and 82 in summer Connie Mack tournament. I don't remember him specifically, but he was supposed to be a very good baseball player.
Stardust Wrote:I knew that he graduated from UC, but not until this morning did I may have played baseball against him. We used to travel to Cleveland for baseball tournaments and we think we played his High School team in 81 and 82 in summer Connie Mack tournament. I don't remember him specifically, but he was supposed to be a very good baseball player.

That's pretty rad.

And he seems like the kind of dude that is good at everything. Just an athlete.
What!!?? I figured he wanted back in coaching, but I knew he wouldn't want to take a SEC job and having to play against Florida again!
Wonder how his spread will look in the B10
^
Sadly, he will dominate the now pathetic big 10 conference.

This dude has lied for two week straight.
To say you havent been contacted or offered a job 3 days ago is bull.
I can guarantee you this has been in the works for some time now.
You dont have a team offer you a job today and go ahead and pounce on it, it takes longer than that for the contract and legal paperwork to be done.

I hope and pray he makes it to the championship with his thug buckeyes and also gets a free tattoo then when an SEC team destroys him we can all laugh.
Saban coming back to the SEC was his downfall at Florida.
He knew he couldnt recruit with Miles AND Saban.
As much as I like this,it seems that the first thing it will do is get Michigan a very good running back.

Dunn, who might be the best RB in Ohio looks to be heading to Michigan.
I read somewhere he is waiting to hear from the new coach to see how he might be used if he sticks with his commitment to Ohio State. If he does not like what he hears he will head to Michigan and the I-Formation.
Urban Meyer Just went to OSU so he could make winning titles more challenging. He will win 5 titles in 4 years at O$U.
I like Urban Meyer alot less now.
He will have no problem winning at OSU...

Just goes to show why UK will never get a great coach....they are paying this guy $4 million a year. I think Joker doesn't even make a million. If he does, cannot be much over that.
judgementday Wrote:He will have no problem winning at OSU...

Just goes to show why UK will never get a great coach....they are paying this guy $4 million a year. I think Joker doesn't even make a million. If he does, cannot be much over that.

This is what they said after they hired Joker...

Phillips will make $1.7 million annually for the next five years, plus incentives. Phillips will make a base salary of $400,000 annually, but an additional $1.3 million for participation in radio and television programs and athletically related endorsements, including endorsement of athletic footwear, apparel and equipment, will bring the total deal to $1.7 million, with a chance to make more, based on incentive-base performances.

Those incentives include Phillips' performances in the Southeastern Conference (including wins in the SEC, claiming the SEC East title and winning the outright league), bowl appearances, and academic and graduation performance.

If Phillips were to fulfill all accomplishments, he could make up to an additional 1.1 million in a year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is what they said after they hired Joker...

Phillips will make $1.7 million annually for the next five years, plus incentives. Phillips will make a base salary of $400,000 annually, but an additional $1.3 million for participation in radio and television programs and athletically related endorsements, including endorsement of athletic footwear, apparel and equipment, will bring the total deal to $1.7 million, with a chance to make more, based on incentive-base performances.

Those incentives include Phillips' performances in the Southeastern Conference (including wins in the SEC, claiming the SEC East title and winning the outright league), bowl appearances, and academic and graduation performance.

If Phillips were to fulfill all accomplishments, he could make up to an additional 1.1 million in a year.

I knew about the $400K per year but wasn't sure how much incentives he receives.

Still not even close to Myer though...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is what they said after they hired Joker...

$1.3M to listen to this guy talk? I'm willing to start a $3M fund to keep him from talking!!!
I've lost all respect for Meyer after the comments he made at Florida and the denial of even speaking to Ohio State last week. He did what everyone knew he'd do; coach again and at Ohio State.
I now hate OSU more than ever. I'll root for the other Big Blue every time they play.
Aslan Wrote:I've lost all respect for Meyer after the comments he made at Florida and the denial of even speaking to Ohio State last week. He did what everyone knew he'd do; coach again and at Ohio State.
I now hate OSU more than ever. I'll root for the other Big Blue every time they play.

I agree.....Meyer lost me when he kept denying reports that Ohio State was talking to him.....it's not like he was currently coaching so why hide it? He even stated that he would return to coaching someday.......so I am not sure why the denial...
Aslan Wrote:I've lost all respect for Meyer after the comments he made at Florida and the denial of even speaking to Ohio State last week. He did what everyone knew he'd do; coach again and at Ohio State.

Why wouldn't you have before this lol
Because they've been irrelevant lately. The game hasn't been worth watching for a few years. Well up until this years game.