Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell vs. Estill district tourney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will be the 3rd meeting of the 2 teams. Estill took the first on easy but the second was close with estill winning in ot. this is at lee co a neutral court. its gonna be good.
Estill by 10.
Look for the upset:
Powell 71
Estill 67
This one's a "toss up", I'll go with the upset. Powell by 3
hahaha. Estill vs. Lee in the Finals. I see Owsley beating Lee before Powell beating Estill.
Lee will beat Owsley by 20 or more at Lee.
Estill will beat Powell by 8 or more.
If it was at Powell, hard to beat the refs.
"The Boz" Wrote:Lee will beat Owsley by 20 or more at Lee.
Estill will beat Powell by 8 or more.
If it was at Powell, hard to beat the refs.
I think everyone brings up Powell and the refs in the same sentence because of the 2003 regional tournament. Powell was not the ones's that chose the refs. They were from the 13th region that year and were assigned by the ratings of the 13th region coaches. I am not a huge fan of 13th region officiating either, as a matter of fact I feel they're probably the worst in the state, but the 2003 regional tournament cannot be blamed on Powell County. They won with the officials that were sent to call the games. Don't blame Powell County for the inept officiating of the 13th region.
I look for Powell to give Estill one heck of a game, but I still look for Estill to pull this one out by 9 or less
have seen both of these teams play, powell has goten better as the year has went on and estill has cried for respect instead of going out and winnign big games to earn it. So on that i will go with powell by 10 72-62.
it will be indeed a close one. powell took both lee and estill to their limit but couldnt pull out the upsets. maybe the 3rd time will be the charm. the 56th could be upset city baby!
Good point Doc.
Lee county at home will win the district no problem.
I still look for Breathitt county to win their district at home.