Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tracy McGrady to sign with Chicago Bulls as soon as the lockout ends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ESPN's Stephen A. Smith joined "The Waddle and Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000 Thursday to discuss the NBA. Most of the talk naturally centered around the ongoing NBA lockout, but Smith dropped an eyebrow raising nugget about Tracy McGrady toward the end of the interview.

"The minute this deal is done, Tracy McGrady is coming to Chicago. He will be a Chicago Bull the minute this lockout is over. You can bet the house on that."

Now Stephen A. (or "Screamin' A." as some people call him) is known for making pretty outrageous claims. In that same interview, he talked about how the lockout would be over in the next few weeks (which at this point in time seems outrageous). But Smith seemed awfully confident in his proclamation that McGrady would be a Bull once the lockout is over.

http://www.bulls101.com/2011/11/17/tracy...kout-ends/
Nice!!
He's old and done.
Wont be a factor at all...
They would get more production out of Scalabrine
He won't be a factor, but because of the shortened training camp, he will get a chance to knock a younger guy out of the league just because of his name and history. Not deserved, just the way it will work this year.
McGrady has lost a lot, but I think he still has a little left in the tank to where he could be a solid contributor.
What if injuries wouldn't have destroyed McGrady's career? At one time, he was the best player in the league. He could've been an All Time Great.
he can help my Bulls some but it won't be much, he's at the end of his career
Aslan Wrote:What if injuries wouldn't have destroyed McGrady's career? At one time, he was the best player in the league. He could've been an All Time Great.

His past coaches have also noted that he didn't give 100% in practice and never really learned his fundamentals.
He was just so physically gifted that he didn't have to worry about it.
Then when his athleticism took a hit due to injuries....
he went down fast.
Quote:He's old and done.
Wont be a factor at all...

I agree, He was a straight up baller in his prime. But he's just not what he used to be.
I hope the Bulls keep bringing has-beens like T-Mac in, it will only make it easier for the Heat to clinch sooner!!! Smile
T-Mac didn't do much for my Pistons. T-Mac might be a good role player for Chicago though.
Junior-Battle Wrote:T-Mac didn't do much for my Pistons. T-Mac might be a good role player for Chicago though.

If you can't produce for the Pistons....
you can't produce for the Bulls...
zaga_fan Wrote:If you can't produce for the Pistons....
you can't produce for the Bulls...

You didnt have D Rose or anyone worth having in Detroit. I love Tayshaun but hes going down hill in a hurry with that line up around him.
T-Mac signed with the Hawks yesterday.
^ We're looking at Caron Butler, Josh Howard and some other guards. From everything I've ready Butler really wants to be a bull
^

Dont look like Butler will be going to the Windy City. Butler signed a 3 year deal with the Clippers.
wow i love it!!!!!
Stardust Wrote:I hope the Bulls keep bringing has-beens like T-Mac in, it will only make it easier for the Heat to clinch sooner!!! Smile

Then when we beat LeChoke in the 4th quarter. It's gonna feel so much better. Superstars vs. Has-beens.
Spud6 Wrote:Then when we beat LeChoke in the 4th quarter. It's gonna feel so much better. Superstars vs. Has-beens.

Yeah, that's exactly how it happened last year too........:welcome:
^Touche
Spud6, looks like, we're going after Rip Hamilton after he's bought out from the Pistons. What's up with going after old people?
^ I see them cutting Rose in order to make room for Gilbert Arenas.....Wink
If they do something that stupid I'll go through this computer and smack everyone of them in that front office
^ lol
At this rate - Dusty I think you can get a 1 year contract with the Bulls.