Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A little swap with 4A & 5A and we will have two great games...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
By next weekend, can we swap Highlands (to 5A) and Anderson County (to 4A)??? Then we would have:

MaxPreps projections in ( )

5A Bowling Green (37) vs 4A Highlands (35) and

5A Anderson County (35) vs 4A Franklin-Simpson (34)

Instead of:

5A Bowling Green (48) vs 5A Anderson County (14)

4A Highlands (49) vs 4A Franklin-Simpson (18)
I like it
I was actually thinking along these lines during the drive home last night. A Highlands - Bowling Green matchup would be a great championship game.
kypecos Wrote:I was actually thinking along these lines during the drive home last night. A Highlands - Bowling Green matchup would be a great championship game.

It looks like both games would be very competitive.
Heck yeah. Those would be some great games to watch. Definitely worth the price of admission.
I like it.
That would be nice! Might actually have made those worth attending!

For my money, we have one (2A), maaaaaybe two (3A) games worth watching next weekend.
IMVHO...I think this looks like an even better idea than it was to start with.
Love it.....would have been a couple of GREAT games.
Nah. We would kill BG.
BG vs. Highlands would be epic...

Franklin Simpson would beat Anderson handily. Anderson is in the lower tier of teams who played this weekend.
WideRight05 Wrote:Nah. We would kill BG.

I have been watching the BG game...You are sorely mistaken my friend!
Lets all get together and see if we can't get this match. LOL
I agree.....I have had the opportunity to coach against Highlands, and they are great, but an HHS vs. Bowlingreen game would be very, very, close I think.
Blau Vogel Wrote:I have been watching the BG game...You are sorely mistaken my friend!

I was in the school of thought that Highlands would beat BG by 2 TD's entering this weekend.

Watching this team play I actually now would consider BG a very slight favorite. I am super impressed by BG thusfar..and for me even to put them in the same sentence as Highlands is saying something because the Birds are truly a great team this year.

Trinity

BG/Highlands

St. X and the rest
Had we not been in 5A to prove them wrong the past 4 years, we would have heard this argument for them every year. I'm not buying it. But, I do wish we could play them so I could prove this point.
C-mon man, be realistic. Are you watching this blowout right now? BG looks pretty dang good. I still think it would be an awesome game to watch between BG and HHS
^ I am being realistic. I do think it would be an awesome game to see, it would draw a good crowd. But I don't think they would come close.
Boy how I do wish we could bet on this one brother. LOL
We will have to think of a way to create a video game or computer simulation or something to get this match and play it out. LOL
fb fan Wrote:We will have to think of a way to create a video game or computer simulation or something to get this match and play it out. LOL

Kinda like ESPN does...that would be pretty cool!

Oh yeah, my 100th post!!!!!
Blau Vogel Wrote:I have been watching the BG game...You are sorely mistaken my friend!

At leas tour side of the argument won someone over!

It would have been a great game.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ I am being realistic. I do think it would be an awesome game to see, it would draw a good crowd. But I don't think they would come close.
The sad thing is I know you actually believe Highlands would blow BG out. I know Highlands is good but they aren't invincible. I don't think you can predict a game this year based on what any team did last year. If so then Hazard would have been blown out by Mayfield and Belfry would have got stomped by Central.
PondCreekPride Wrote:The sad thing is I know you actually believe Highlands would blow BG out. I know Highlands is good but they aren't invincible. I don't think you can predict a game this year based on what any team did last year. If so then Hazard would have been blown out by Mayfield and Belfry would have got stomped by Central.

Yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think we would beat the crap out of Bowling Green. We are not invincible, and had we thought that we would not be state champions for the fifth consecutive years. I'm not making based on what happened last year, but rather, what happens every year. BG comes into this playoffs as this big dominant force, and if they're not upset at some point, they get the shit kicked out of them in the state finals by an NKY team. This year, they don't have to deal with Highlands, Lexington Catholic, or any of those teams. Fortunately, for them.
Yep, thank God Bowling Green didn't play LexCath this year. LexCath would have just stomped them like they always do.
DragonFire Wrote:Yep, thank God Bowling Green didn't play LexCath this year. LexCath would have just stomped them like they always do.

The LexCath this year that they played wasn't anywhere close to the LexCath they had to play in 05, which is mainly what I am referring to (the team that kicked their asses in the state finals that year).
WideRight05 Wrote:The LexCath this year that they played wasn't anywhere close to the LexCath they had to play in 05, which is mainly what I am referring to (the team that kicked their asses in the state finals that year).

And the Bowling Green team that played this year wasn't anywhere close to the team in 2005. I don't see how you can recognize teams change from year to year in other places but expect that BG would be exactly the same.
DragonFire Wrote:And the Bowling Green team that played this year wasn't anywhere close to the team in 2005. I don't see how you can recognize teams change from year to year in other places but expect that BG would be exactly the same.

Never said they weren't the same. But it seems like every year it's "BG this, BG that," only to end with a complete ass beating by somebody in the playoffs. All I am saying is, they did not have to play a team like Highlands this year.

But, I do wanna lighten up a bit now, because this is probably a great feeling for a lot of these kids, and the Anderson County kids have to be crushed. Good game to both teams.
WideRight05 Wrote:Never said they weren't the same. But it seems like every year it's "BG this, BG that," only to end with a complete ass beating by somebody in the playoffs. All I am saying is, they did not have to play a team like Highlands this year.

But, I do wanna lighten up a bit now, because this is probably a great feeling for a lot of these kids, and the Anderson County kids have to be crushed. Good game to both teams.

It certainly does go without saying that they didn't play a team like Highlands. Most teams don't unless they play, well, Highlands - or Trinity. I'll close the same way I have a few other discussions on this matter. You would never have heard me in any other year say Bowling Green was on Highlands level. I've followed BG for 13 years, and this the best team I've seen them have.

But I'll lighten up as well.
DragonFire Wrote:Alright, I'll lighten with you.

Okay. Yeah I was starting to go in circles anyway ha.
Pages: 1 2