Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got done with a jug of Tapouts Warrior Whey for my workouts and have been hearing great things about this Optimum Nutrition. Anyone use this protein with their workouts and how does it do for you?:Thumbs:
^ I have not tried it, but honestly, I have been using Walmarts "Pure Protein". I have been as please with the $17 tub as much as GNC's $35 tub.
Stardust Wrote:^ I have not tried it, but honestly, I have been using Walmarts "Pure Protein". I have been as please with the $17 tub as much as GNC's $35 tub.

I have been considering the Walmart brand protein. Some people I talk to say protein is protein and others say that never shortcut protein and buy the best one you can get.
^ You want 100% Whey. As long as you find that, I found no difference in what brand I use. Plus, when you can get two tubs for the price of one, it just made sense to me.
How do you mix your protein? I have been taking it as a protein shake and mixing it with milk and a little peanut butter to make the taste a little more bearable.
StrayBullet Wrote:How do you mix your protein? I have been taking it as a protein shake and mixing it with milk and a little peanut butter to make the taste a little more bearable.

Water most of the time, but I will do it with Milk. The reason why I use water most of the time is because it's part of the diet program I am on. I will mix with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter at times and Vanilla yogurt at times as well. I only drink Vanilla protein because I'm not a Chocolate person. If you are drinking chocolate, you could probably try chocolate yogurt.
The last protein I was on was vanilla flavored and was somewhat rough to get done. I will be buying some of this Optimum Nutrition soon and will give the chocolate a good shot. They say this brand tastes and mixes better so I am hoping for the best. We need a workout forum on here Smile
StrayBullet Wrote:Just got done with a jug of Tapouts Warrior Whey for my workouts and have been hearing great things about this Optimum Nutrition. Anyone use this protein with their workouts and how does it do for you?:Thumbs:

Stardust Wrote:^ I have not tried it, but honestly, I have been using Walmarts "Pure Protein". I have been as please with the $17 tub as much as GNC's $35 tub.

Yeah, I have been using Walmart's Whey Protein and Creatine. I am really happy with the results as well!
StrayBullet Wrote:The last protein I was on was vanilla flavored and was somewhat rough to get done. I will be buying some of this Optimum Nutrition soon and will give the chocolate a good shot. They say this brand tastes and mixes better so I am hoping for the best. We need a workout forum on here Smile

leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, I have been using Walmart's Whey Protein and Creatine. I am really happy with the results as well!

I have had no issues with the Walmart brand mixing. Mixing well is more about having a good shaker than anything else.
Ive been using Steak n Shakes Vanilla Milkshake protein.
I like to finish that off with a side of cheese fries.

This is god givin son...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl70nnJjC4UQuWP79aVEJ...amCmnJrLfw]
^ lol
Does anyone on here do the P90x program or know of anyone who is a coach?
I know this might sound crazy but i wonder if that Contour Ab belt thing works.
All you got to do is put it on and trun it on.
Id so buy it if it actually worked
I just use GNC's brand. It's pretty good...I don't use anything else, just protein.
StrayBullet Wrote:Does anyone on here do the P90x program or know of anyone who is a coach?

Yes sir, I do the P90X. I would be happy to try and answer any question that you might have.
leecoukfan Wrote:Yes sir, I do the P90X. I would be happy to try and answer any question that you might have.

Thank goodness!! I am in my first month of the program and I love every workout and it brings a challenge everyday. However I dread the Plyo workout not because its extreme but the simple fact that I have extremely flat feet so it makes the jumping quite painful. Any suggestion?
^
you may want to try to some soles to put in your shoes that makes it easier on you to jump.
I know they have some at walmart
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
you may want to try to some soles to put in your shoes that makes it easier on you to jump.
I know they have some at walmart

I may have to go buy some simply because 90% of the workout I am fine but the " Rock Star Hops " and " Jump Knee Tuck " are incredibly painful.
StrayBullet Wrote:I may have to go buy some simply because 90% of the workout I am fine but the " Rock Star Hops " and " Jump Knee Tuck " are incredibly painful.

I got lucky and was able to sneak in the Army with flat feet...I feel you 100%. It sucks.
StrayBullet Wrote:Thank goodness!! I am in my first month of the program and I love every workout and it brings a challenge everyday. However I dread the Plyo workout not because its extreme but the simple fact that I have extremely flat feet so it makes the jumping quite painful. Any suggestion?

My feet are the same way. The best thing that I have found to do is to try coming down on the front of your feet, keeping your heel off the ground and try to be as light footed as possible. If you're doing it on a hard surface, you may want to get some type of soft mat. I do the majority of my work outs in my living room which has carpet. As others have said, you may also want to get some pads to put in your shoes as well.
StrayBullet Wrote:I may have to go buy some simply because 90% of the workout I am fine but the " Rock Star Hops " and " Jump Knee Tuck " are incredibly painful.

How much weight have you lost?
Stray, wear shoes too. It helps. Helps me at least..
vundy33 Wrote:Stray, wear shoes too. It helps. Helps me at least..

I was assuming that was a given but, yes make sure that you do wear shoes.
leecoukfan Wrote:I was assuming that was a given but, yes make sure that you do wear shoes.

Well, some don't because you're inside, but yeah, working out barefoot is wrong.
^ Great point vundy, you never want to workout in your barefeet. Your feet will flatten, causing more than just foot strain, but balance issues as well.
Thanks everyone for getting back with me and yeah I wear shoes when I workout on my carpet floor. I think its just a matter of how I come down on my toes instead of spreading all the weight out onto my entire foot.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How much weight have you lost?

Ive lost 13 lbs but more than anything I have really really toned up.