Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Notice ER tonight And Preston Lemaster from uk, he needs to step up an take charge. His assistant coach was doing most of the coaching but his team looked pretty solid, the best player is the guard wolter he is quick fast and athletic. Gotta be the best sophmore guard in the state by far. The big kid didn't do that much he is athletic, but loves to float around and shoot jumpers. He has a chance to be good but romes the perimiter way to much! ER to win the 15th is my pick if they get all there kids on the same page.
Cool story Digger Phelps.
I heard East Ridge only beat Allen Central by a few..
I've heard several Pikeville fans complain about the transfers to ER. Will they compete for the 15?
The assistant was there last year under Coach Justice and knows most of the kids and I think they respect him. He has been around basketball all his life, his dad was a Hall of Fame coach at Berea College and I am sure he learned a FEW things from him...
Well the assistant coach may have the respect of the players but what does his dad's success have to do with him he is not the head coach Preston is it just makes no scense Preston needs to step up and coach his team!
I was at the SportsPlex and watched ER play all three segments. I'm very confused to why you think Preston is not coaching his team. In my opinion he did a great job coaching his team and that is what good assistants do as well, they help coach. I talked to Coach LeMaster after the the scrimmages for a couple minutes and he sounded like he lost his voice a little bit and I also talked to him about his team. He mentioned to me that the big kid has only been eligible for about a week now and they are still learning to all play together and mesh as a unit. He also said that they are no where near close to being the team he wants them to be for now, but that's why they call it PRE-SEASON. I believe the 15th will be very exciting to watch this and i also believe there is no clear cut favorite. Many good teams that can beat one another on any given night. Should be an exciting year, Good Luck to all teams in the 15th!!
KnowledgeOfTheGame14 Wrote:I was at the SportsPlex and watched ER play all three segments. I'm very confused to why you think Preston is not coaching his team. In my opinion he did a great job coaching his team and that is what good assistants do as well, they help coach. I talked to Coach LeMaster after the the scrimmages for a couple minutes and he sounded like he lost his voice a little bit and I also talked to him about his team. He mentioned to me that the big kid has only been eligible for about a week now and they are still learning to all play together and mesh as a unit. He also said that they are no where near close to being the team he wants them to be for now, but that's why they call it PRE-SEASON. I believe the 15th will be very exciting to watch this and i also believe there is no clear cut favorite. Many good teams that can beat one another on any given night. Should be an exciting year, Good Luck to all teams in the 15th!!

Who did they play? What was the scores?
Due to Leslie County backing out of the scrimmages, they had a Tri scrimmage where teams played different opponents each 15 minutes segment. ER played Lee County in the first segment and won by 9 I believe. The 2nd segment ER beat Allen Central by 2 or 3, and the final segment Breathitt beat ER by 3 i believe. The ER vs Breathitt game was very sloppy i guess due to teams being tired at the end. ER looked to have played their 2nd string the last 6 or 7 minutes and I think Breathitt also played a few subs.
How did they only beat AC by 2 or 3? AC isnt that good
Umm I don't know. They only played a 15 minute segment with a running clock that never stopped. They did not play AC an entire game. So it was basically like one quarter in a real game. I'm sure all teams don't look their best right now in scrimmages. But maybe ER just really isn't that good and they are really young. Someone in the crowd told me that ER had 2 seniors, 1 junior, and the rest of team are Freshman and Sophomores. If that's the case then the next 3 or 4 years should be fun to watch. I really couldn't tell ya to be honest. AC shot the ball really well though in the segment they played. AC also beat Cordia almost every quarter/segment they played as well. So AC can't be too bad.
Scrimmages aren't about how the other team does, it's to measure how your team is doing.
:Wave::Wave::kneel:but can they beat UK
AC has a new coach and some new talent from their school that has not played in the past. AC will no longer be an "easy" team. East Ridge only beat them by 1 and AC had a chance to win in the final seconds. AC beat Paintsville last night by around 20 in thier scrimmage game.
Guys, scrimmages mean NOTHING. Its an opportunity to see who can do what. Don't read anything into it.
I agree to some extent. However the talk is like AC will be nothing again this year. I am not making any predictions but I believe the team that i have watched can play with anyone in the 15th. They destroyed Cordia with their varsity. I know it is the same talk every year but I would encourage anyone to go watch them play.
A.C. has some shooters, I watched them when they were in middle school. What hurts A.C. IMO is the lack of size. They can shoot with anyone though, and if they get hot, its bad news for teams they play, because you are right, they can take anyone down.
Agreed. Scrimmages mean absolutely nothing. Coaches use them as a chance to work on plays and to get a feel for their team. Often you will a VERY different result when two teams play for real, than from what may have happened in the preseason.

Bottom line, if it doesn't count, then it doesn't matter.
but its like I said . I Know I cut up :insane:alot on here , but I beleive this year is gonna be the year a good coach wins it all . And down the stretch watch Betsy Lane . Nobody has the total package team . If they have shooters , they don't have size .If they have size they don't a true point guard just a ball handler . We have to wait to see how these teams jel by late Dec early Jan .:rockon: