Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fairview Schedule Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe we can keep this thread open long enough to get my question answered. Can someone from Ashland, Sheldon Clark, Boyd County or the others mentioned who "wouldn't play" Fairview this year confirm that Fairview indeed tried to schedule your teams. As I stated previously I believe that BC may have not wanted to play this year based on last years game, but I can't imagine Ashland or Sheldon Clark being afraid of playing the Eagles.

Fairview had a good season and should be proud of what they accomplished, but you guys (and I mean the Eagle Fans on here) need to keep everything in perspective. In regards to the people not wanting to play Fairview, you guys shouldn't believe everything you hear in Westwood. Sometimes coaches and others close to teams will say things to make the team have a certain mindset, things like "Those guys at (insert school) wouldn't play us this year." And then those comments get out and people begin to actually believe it to be true.
Why are we still discussing? Great season move on
Because I asked in the other thread and it was closed before anyone could answer my question. People have been bashing Fairview for the schedule they played all year, while fairview supporters have said that some local schools wouldn't play them. I would just like to really know if this is true or not.

I think it is a fair question. I am sure there are enough people on here closely associated with these programs (whether they are coaches or just close supporters) who can accurately address this question.

Russellpride you seem to have the inside info on Coach McPeek (I am not saying u are him as some have suggested) and by your name would expect u to know if the devils wouldn't play the eagles either
Heck man just let it go. There season is over. Great year move on.
Fairview is a good team, end of story
What?!!!:ChairHit::lame:Confusederiously:
Fairview will need a schedule like this season's next season. If I'm not mistaken,they just lost lost 16 senior's with only 10 senior's and 10 junior's coming next year. Their stack of upper classmen is dwindling. They do have a large class of sophomore's next year so there are good things ahead. Just not so much next year. I'm not saying that can't be even be better next year. They just have less to work with. Good luck to the Eagles next season. I'd like to see Harlan High School get them on their schedule.
Bob Lutz at Ironton made a really good comment on one of his pregame shows this year. He was questioned about his tough Schedule and How Ironton always plays a tough schedule. He said that there schedule was not by design butt because and I quote"Most of the Local teams around here wouldn't play us on a bet." There ya go Eagles the Tigers are waiting on your phone call. With that being said.....Fairview had a good team this year. not great.....good. They had a chance to win a regional title in a very weak region. Should be an interesting season Next year.
Backwoods Wrote:Fairview will need a schedule like this season's next season. If I'm not mistaken,they just lost lost 16 senior's with only 10 senior's and 10 junior's coming next year. Their stack of upper classmen is dwindling. They do have a large class of sophomore's next year so there are good things ahead. Just not so much next year. I'm not saying that can't be even be better next year. They just have less to work with. Good luck to the Eagles next season. I'd like to see Harlan High School get them on their schedule.

In recent years Fairview has always managed to "find" three or four seniors "somewhere". I'm predicting that they will come into next season with about 15 seniors.
Local teams won't play Fairview because of their coach. Nobody likes him.
RAMBAIT Wrote:Bob Lutz at Ironton made a really good comment on one of his pregame shows this year. He was questioned about his tough Schedule and How Ironton always plays a tough schedule. He said that there schedule was not by design butt because and I quote"Most of the Local teams around here wouldn't play us on a bet." There ya go Eagles the Tigers are waiting on your phone call. With that being said.....Fairview had a good team this year. not great.....good. They had a chance to win a regional title in a very weak region. Should be an interesting season Next year.

Rumor has it that Raceland is trying to sign a contract with Ironton.
I have no problem with their coach. Besides we have to play them.
I think we all know who "russelpride" is lol.... Hey fairview, quit playin third grade teams during the regular season b/c its a common theme year after year that you blow it in the playoffs. Its ok Mcpeek to lose a few regular season games bc it will you make you stronger and better prepared for the playoffs. You cannot control your district but you can control your non conference games.
Better get the recruiting staff in gear !!!!
Ramcat77 Wrote:In recent years Fairview has always managed to "find" three or four seniors "somewhere". I'm predicting that they will come into next season with about 15 seniors.

Hey... I don't think they've tapped into the talent pool in Wheeling yet....
Fanman Wrote:Local teams won't play Fairview because of their coach. Nobody likes him.

What a bad statement, he's a great guy and coach. Sadly he's 39-11 is why nobody likes him, just like people dislike Leon hart for winning, nobody likes a winner and people are used to fairview being a doormat and they aren't anymore
russellpride is not McPeek. You losers in Soggy Bottom should be more concerned about your own team than ours. As regard to the question in this thread it is true that Boyd, Greenup and and another school would not play us this past year. As for us playing Ironton, I personally didn't know that was an option but hey maybe we can do that now...so thanks ramnutt.

As for the recruiting comments, :rules: its not recruiting, its parents wanting their kids to play for a former Marshall Standout who happens to be a great coach and has surrounded himself with a great coaching staff. So please let me gather up some tissues and persoanlly hand deliver them to you.

Time to move on like Cat Scratch Fever finally did.
old_school_hero Wrote:Hey... I don't think they've tapped into the talent pool in Wheeling yet....

Thats pretty funny...hahaha
Cline Westwood comments:
"As for the recruiting comments, its not recruiting, its parents wanting their kids to play for a former Marshall Standout"

Uh trust me that is recruiting, moving a child to a school for athletic purposes and not academic is what recruiting is all about!! And for you to think the coaches didn't try to keep the "recruits" on the downlow until after they were enrolled, well you are blind as a bat then! No matter what anyone says on here, those kids would have never gone to Fairview unless McPeek and his staff pulled at the parents and players' ears of other schools. But its still funny that no matter who the recruits they bring in, they still don't beat any good teams (Pikeville, Lexington Christian, etc. over the past few years) so recruite harder i guess.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
I mean maybe we should tear the goal posts down after beating a 1-9 Boyd County team!!! hahahahaahaha...I can only imagine what would happen if Fairview beat a 5 win team! Prolly shut down school for a week! hahaha
Every school has transfers, move on BullCrap4life.

When we beat Boyd it was the first time in school history, who cares if they were 0-10, it was something good for the school, team and community.

You and all the rest of the Westwood bashers/haters should be coaches because you are so wise and so knowledgeable on how a Football program should be ran and operated.

Maybe you can join Cecil, Preece, and Caudill or better yet apply for the Boyd County head coaching position and turn that program back to glory with your keen insight.

Isn't it about time for you to get in the oven you Turkey!!
Give it up Clit Wastewood....Nobody will respect Fairview until they start playing a real schedule and do it with class. You guys act like it's the super bowl everytime you beat Raceland. You beat what in normal years would be our JV squad. We will only have 6 seniors next year too with 19 Freshman coming in next year and 32 the next year. It's coming Wastewood......It's coming. The Big Ram Machine is coming for you. What ya gonna do brother!!!!......When Ramamania runs wild on you!!!!!
RAMBAIT Wrote:Give it up Clit Wastewood....Nobody will respect Fairview until they start playing a real schedule and do it with class. You guys act like it's the super bowl everytime you beat Raceland. You beat what in normal years would be our JV squad. We will only have 6 seniors next year too with 19 Freshman coming in next year and 32 the next year. It's coming Wastewood......It's coming. The Big Ram Machine is coming for you. What ya gonna do brother!!!!......When Ramamania runs wild on you!!!!!

Clit and Rambutt....interesting....now about what you posted....hahahahaha:biglmao:
To be totally honest Clint......i don't care who Fairview Schedules. They are gonna do what they do and we are gonna do what we do.