Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is The Rock a diva? Dwayne Johnson acts too Hollywood for the WWE wrestling ring, say
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-s...z1eNkoCRLQ

Yes, Dwayne Johnson has action hero biceps, a megawatt smile, and an adoring public. Yes, he made a roaring return at Survivor Series at Madison Square Garden on Sunday. And yes, he's a Hollywood superstar now, too.

But no, that doesn't mean that The Rock's return to the WWE has gone smoothly. Why not? Because, according to fellow WWE wrestler CM Punk, Johnson has hardly spent any time with the rest of the group. Instead, he's acted like an ultra big shot celebrity, a brand name all his own, and shown little regard for the rest of WWE.

"You know, the thing about that is, he's not around," Punk told the Daily News during an event to promote THQ's "WWE 12" video game. "He's not around. It doesn't help morale when the guy goes right from his limo to the dressing room to the dressing room to the ring. He's very bourgeois Hollywood."

According to Punk, Johnson has made little effort to interact with the rest of WWE, a show that is in desperate need of a superstar. WWE has struggled to find a new generation of stars, and ratings stumbles have shown that.

WWE believes that The Rock's run of cameos, which all serve to drum interest for his Wrestlemania showdown with John Cena, will help enliven the action. But Punk says it's killing the locker room.

"He came back, he did WWE Raw after that," Punk said. "He said he was never gonna leave. And the next time we saw him is a month later. Yeah, it does bother me.

"A little hello would have been nice. He could have run by with his own entourage."

Punk added that The Rock's recent criticism for Cena hasn't helped, either. Why? Because The Rock's just never around.

"I have my beef with John Cena, and I have my things that I don't like Cena, but you know what? I try to tell him everyday," Punk said. "For The Rock to criticize, come on."

So is this new Dwayne Johnson a diva? Well, um, not quite.

"I can't say that," Punk said. "At least the WWE Divas say hi to me in the halls."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-s...z1eSNcJgRD
He's certainly not what he used to be.
Dusty

Why does everybody hate Cena?
Love Punk, but he came off as a whiny bitch.

To be honest...
Westside Wrote:Dusty

Why does everybody hate Cena?

The Super Cena persona has completely ruined Cena's credibility because he never loses cleanly.

Take a second and try and recall two things:

A) When was the last time you thought John Cena would legitimately lose a match?

B) When was the last time John Cena lost a match cleanly?

The last time I truly believed Cena would lose was WrestleMania 21 against JBL. It has been six darn years since I legitimately thought he would lose.

And I honestly can't remember the last time he lost a match cleanly.
Cena is just too "goody-goody". This is why I hate Cena.
C'mon man! Give a thumb to the eye or something!
And yes, at the topic... Rock is being a Diva.. I also have to say that he isn't as good on the mic as he used to be. I guess that is his Hollywood ego talking though.
Ballers Wrote:And yes, at the topic... Rock is being a Diva.. I also have to say that he isn't as good on the mic as he used to be. I guess that is his Hollywood ego talking though.

His promos have been awesome...

However I did think that some of those have been long-winded, especially his promo at Survivor Series.

He rambled for like 10 minutes.

But...I love Rocky, so of course I'll eat up everything he says.