Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biggest turn around in the 15th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which team has went from pretender to contender?:#1:
Betsy Layne
betsy layne
Going with BL been playing great as of late and are stepping it up
belfry started at the top of their game and it looks as if there going to finish on top of their game =)) LETS GO PIRATES!!
betsy layne
"belfryfan" Wrote:belfry started at the top of their game and it looks as if there going to finish on top of their game =)) LETS GO PIRATES!!
Then that dosnt make them the biggest TURNAROUND does it?
But to be on subject i think you have to either say Betsy Lane or Magoffin both teams have steped up their level of play as of late
I knew there was some reason I liked you MCHS FBALL( hahahahahaha)
I think pikeville along with betsy layne can beat anyone at tourney time.
Either Magoffin or Betsy Lane.
East Ridge is an other team that no one thought would be any good at all and they have got some great wins this....Belfry, Paintsville, and Shelby Valley so dont count out the East Ridge yet.

Pretender would have to be Paintsville or South Floyd both teams can still win it but both have had dissappointing years compared to all the hype that was around them to start the year....
Most definitely Betsy Layne
It would be the Coach Rose Express, the bobcats of BL!
Well if you look at last year compared to this year I would say Pikeville. They have made a complete turn around considering the players the lost and with a new head coach. Bart Williams has done great things with this Pikeville team IMO and has a bright future with the Panthers. If you look at the beginning of the season to now, Pikeville has made a complete turn around, they have played pretty good as of late, alot better than at the beginning of the season.
Fortunately for Mr. Bart Williams Pikeville has two good groups of youngsters coming up with the 8th and 7th grade classes. It will make Williams look like a genius and Dave Thomas look like a failure. There is something to be said for being in the right place at the right time. :thumb:
PIKEVILLE or Besty Lane
Betsy Layne was supposed to be good, so I don't consider them the biggest turnaround. Traditionally they have been pretty good. The two biggest turnarounds this season have to be Phelps and Magoffin County, they used to be pushovers, but you better not overlook them anymore.
Belfry isnt on thetop of anything.. I do believe the Warriors will be the biggest turn around of all the 15th.. not a superstar team but can beat the big teams when needed..so maybe just maybe it will happen
Pikeville and Magoffin County. Both have been horrible for a few years. And both are legitimate threats to anybody right now.

Betsy Layne was a pre-season pick for the top of the 15th. I'm glad they're playing well right now. But you can't really call a pre-season favorite a turnaround team because the stumbled early then found their footing.

Pikeville is going to be even better in the next couple of years.

Magoffin may slip a little next year - maybe not. But in a couple of years I think they will be VERY good!
Biggest turnaround?? No question it is Pikeville. They lost everyone from last years team and are still playing everyone tough. Getting the #2 seed in the 59th and also getting 10 wins from this group is pretty impressive. Their new coach has gotten a lot of miles out of these youngsters! I have always thought the 59th district and the 15th regional tournaments were always better when Pikeville was competive. Welcome back Panthers!!
Phelps...least expect it, they will step it up
betsy layne
Betsy Layne without a doubt
i think betsy layne
"sf_football" Wrote:i think betsy layne
i agree with you...they finished the season #1 in the 58th for the first time in forever seems like
Chicken Wing pay attention to the thread. BL was suppose to be good and they are good. But the turnaround goes to Pikeville. This is the first year in a long time they have showed up to be a basketball school.
What has Pikeville done this season besides beat East ridge twice. The other big win came over Magoffin county. Two wins over Jenkins along with wins over Allen Central,Phelps,and two wins over David School. Breathitt county was the other win. 10 total wins against what I would say was sub-par teams this year. Biggest turnaround? No way? Bart would tell you the same. If they were inviting teams to regional tourney based on strength of schedule along with power wins and R.P.I. Pikeville would be at home watching the show. I'm not knocking the program just an observation. Good luck Panthers.
"Nike Man" Wrote:What has Pikeville done this season besides beat East ridge twice. The other big win came over Magoffin county. Two wins over Jenkins along with wins over Allen Central,Phelps,and two wins over David School. Breathitt county was the other win. 10 total wins against what I would say was sub-par teams this year. Biggest turnaround? No way? Bart would tell you the same. If they were inviting teams to regional tourney based on strength of schedule along with power wins and R.P.I. Pikeville would be at home watching the show. I'm not knocking the program just an observation. Good luck Panthers.

The question was "Who was the biggest turnaround this season?". Did you see Pikeville play last year?? No heart or desire whatsoever!! I don't care who they have beat, and they do have some good wins. Heck, most of their losses have even been impressive. They hadn't won a district game since 2001, they have 4 this year. They hadn't won double figure games since 2001, they have won 10 this year so far. They had never beat East Ridge ever, beat them twice this year so far. They also have the #2 seed in the 59th. Oh, by the way they just about play all freshmen and sophomores!!
Biggest turnaround is Pikeville....hands down!!
IMO its between BL, Pikeville, and Phelps
magoffin or betsy layne or pikeville
Pages: 1 2