Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennessee 27 - Vanderbilt 21 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Tennessee wins it in OT on a Pick 6
UT comes in Lexington on an emotional high
I hate Vandy. How can they lose like this to shitty Tenn after beating us to death?
I'm a fan of neither, but the Vandy coach and team acted like dicks after the game.
^ I missed it, what happened?
I'm not saying it wasn't a pick six, but the refs blew this call. The side judge clearly blew his whistle rendering the play dead, however the white hat claimed no whistle was blown therefore the play could be reviewed. I'm not claiming that it shouldn't have been a touchdown but when the ref blew his whistle the play should not have been reviewable.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm a fan of neither, but the Vandy coach and team acted like dicks after the game.
Stallings coaches football too?
Im changing my prediction

UT 94
UK 0
Welp, with Tennessee winning this one, and now having motivation going into the UK game, our chances of winning went from fat chance to slim chance, which means the same thing Big Grin
Stardust Wrote:^ I missed it, what happened?
After the game, he threw off his headset, and him and the team walked off of the field with no handshaking, at least that I could see.
^ Was there a reason that prompted it?
Stardust Wrote:^ Was there a reason that prompted it?

http://www.wbir.com/rss/article/192066/2...-incorrect

Quote:KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The Southeastern Conference says it incorrectly reviewed the final play of Tennessee's overtime win against Vanderbilt on Saturday night.

Eric Gordon intercepted Jordan Rodgers on the play and ran the ball 90 yards to the end zone for what ended up being the winning score in the Vols' 27-21 victory.

The officials first ruled Gordon down at the Tennessee 35 but overturned the call after the review.

SEC Coordinator of Officials Steve Shaw said in a statement that linesman blew his whistle when he thought Gordon's knee hit the ground. Shaw said that because a whistle blew, the play should not have been reviewable.

Had the play not been reviewed, Tennessee would have got the ball at the 25-yard line for its first offensive play in overtime.