Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: This is not acceptable. This is America or at least it is supposed to be.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pepper spraying peaceful protestors. What happened to our right to assembly?
[Image: 0UoEz.jpg]
This is just one of the things that has been happening to the protestors around this nation.
Sad.
Here is another shot of these dangerous criminals.

[Image: 6yAMc.jpg]
Here is more evidence of police using excessive force. Why more of you on here are not furious is beyond me. These are our fellow Americans. These are people just like you and me who are tired of how corrupt our goverment has become and look how they are being treated. Those on the right and in Fox News and some on the left would love for this movement to stop. Only because they don't want light shed on how shifty and dirty their backdoor deals are. They want to keep things status quo so that their pockets can keep getting filled at the expense of the middle and lower class.

http://www.truth-out.org/caught-camera-t...1321718888
lol. I guess they'll stay home next time.

Not saying i agree, but it is funny.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol. I guess they'll stay home next time.

Not saying i agree, but it is funny.
I dont think it is funny at all. I wish more people would have set down with those students while this was going on. Sad that this is what America is now.
Reports indicate that the students were given permission to protest UC increase tuition, however they were told not to set up tents or camp sites. UC gave the students until three pm to remove all tents and camps, they did not and the police were called in. Police said they were there to arrest the students and were surrounded by approximately 200 students, when the decision was made to use pepper spray. chemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
So was the use of pepper spray warranted? Maybe…….maybe not.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I dont think it is funny at all. I wish more people would have set down with those students while this was going on. Sad that this is what America is now.

Ah, cmon it is funny.
what pictures like these dont tell you usually is why they were getting pepper sprayed. They were prolly being retarded and rowdy and this is what they got.

If not, the cops personally and the city or state could be sued for millions by these people, so you know these cops aint that stupid. They have to have a reason to do this and im sure this bunch gave them one.
Old School Wrote:Reports indicate that the students were given permission to protest UC increase tuition, however they were told not to set up tents or camp sites. UC gave the students until three pm to remove all tents and camps, they did not and the police were called in. Police said they were there to arrest the students and were surrounded by approximately 200 students, when the decision was made to use pepper spray. chemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
So was the use of pepper spray warranted? Maybe…….maybe not.

Exactly what i was saying.
So they were told not to use tents and stuff and they did anyway.
So, let the pepper fly.
I am sorry but pepper spray is not intended to be used on those who are sitting peacefully. The cops said they did it because a crowd had gathered and they feared for their lives.... WTF ever! I didn't see any cop sprayeing the "gathering" crowd. Just those sitting. Oh and when the protestors covered their eyes, the cops forced open their mouths and sprayed into their throats. http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/uc-...shZ_3M4OAE
And actually it was against the law to use it on them.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I am sorry but pepper spray is not intended to be used on those who are sitting peacefully. The cops said they did it because a crowd had gathered and they feared for their lives.... WTF ever! I didn't see any cop sprayeing the "gathering" crowd. Just those sitting. Oh and when the protestors covered their eyes, the cops forced open their mouths and sprayed into their throats. http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/uc-...shZ_3M4OAE

They were told to move, they didn't and got this. End of story. What is so scary about it?

This protest is pathetic. Sitting in their own shit for months at a time isn't going to accomplish anything.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I am sorry but pepper spray is not intended to be used on those who are sitting peacefully. The cops said they did it because a crowd had gathered and they feared for their lives.... WTF ever! I didn't see any cop sprayeing the "gathering" crowd. Just those sitting. Oh and when the protestors covered their eyes, the cops forced open their mouths and sprayed into their throats. http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/uc-...shZ_3M4OAE

And it's not against the law. Good God...
vundy33 Wrote:They were told to move, they didn't and got this. End of story. What is so scary about it?

This protest is pathetic. Sitting in their own shit for months at a time isn't going to accomplish anything.
So it is perfectly acceptable to you to pepper srpay someone because they didn't move? You a Nazi? Cause that is the kind of shit they did to people. Our country was praising those Middle-East countries for protesting their goverments, but when our own does it they are criminals and must br treated as such. Bullshit. And protesting raising tuition which will amount to higher student loans which have an outragous intrest rate is a reasonable thing.

vundy33 Wrote:And it's not against the law. Good God...
Yes it is. It was exessive use of force. Use of pepper spray on the crowd is only to be doen if self defense of the cop. They were in no danger.
Amun-Ra Wrote:So it is perfectly acceptable to you to pepper srpay someone because they didn't move? You a Nazi? Cause that is the kind of shit they did to people. Our country was praising those Middle-East countries for protesting their goverments, but when our own does it they are criminals and must br treated as such. Bullshit. And protesting raising tuition which will amount to higher student loans which have an outragous intrest rate is a reasonable thing.

Yes it is. It was exessive use of force. Use of pepper spray on the crowd is only to be doen if self defense of the cop. They were in no danger.

Well, you see what happened the day before yesterday when those cops were trying to move a crowd in NYC. Two out of the three ended up in the hospital. These were more than three cops though, and although I think they could've picked them up and moved them, this was safer.

And you're thinking of a taser. Pepper spray can be used to make someone move or stop resisting, it's not only for self defense at all. It wasn't illegal, from my experience.

You are acting like they were beaten or something man. Geez.
What were they protesting?
Amun-Ra Wrote:So it is perfectly acceptable to you to pepper srpay someone because they didn't move? You a Nazi? Cause that is the kind of shit they did to people. Our country was praising those Middle-East countries for protesting their goverments, but when our own does it they are criminals and must br treated as such. Bullshit. And protesting raising tuition which will amount to higher student loans which have an outragous intrest rate is a reasonable thing.

Hahahah, are you serious?! Pepper spray isn't even close to CS gas (tear gas), much less mustard gas or the others that the Nazi's used.

Again, I think they could've just moved them physically, but I can see them spraying them if they thought removing them physically would've caused more trouble.

Do you have any links from a news source on this? A non-biased news source?
After written and verbal warnings, officers reminded the protesters they would be subject to arrest if they did not move their tents from the quad, Morain said. Many protesters did decide to remove their tents and equipment, officials said.

A group of about a dozen protesters sat on a path with their arms interlocked as police moved in to remove additional tents. Most of the protesters had their heads down.

At one point, protesters encircled the officers and blocked them from leaving, Morain said. Cut off from backup, the officers determined the situation was not safe and asked people several times to make room, Morain said. One officer used pepper spray when a couple of protesters and some of the 200 bystanders moved in, she added.
Aslan Wrote:What were they protesting?

They were protesting an increase in the tuition at UC at Davis.
And as you can see from the photos the bystanders that encircled them were equipped with cameras. And the ones who got pepper sprayed were the ones sitting not the ones who were encircling the cops. So, to me I think the cop's story may be a little bit swayed.
Ah screw it. Should have shot them. No one cares what this country is coming to. no one cares how our freedoms are being shit on. Let's become a police state and execute people that break curfew.

Dude, this is common practice with cops and pepper spray. I don't know why you're so surprised. I can understand them not wanting to have to physically remove them without spraying them first, one could easily fight back and/or have a weapon, and with the number of people there, you really don't want things to get heated.

I'm not saying I agree with it 100% or disagree 100%, but I'm saying that this isn't a huge surprise to me. They could've easily gassed them to get them to move and would still be well within the law.

I'd rather wait and hear the entire story before I make a judgement on it.
Pepper hurts less than bullets.
But to ask someone if there a Nazi because there on the cops side is a little absurd.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pepper hurts less than bullets.
But to ask someone if there a Nazi because there on the cops side is a little absurd.
Yea I was being litteral.
The hardcore conservatives on this board probably think this is acceptable, though.[YOUTUBE="UC"]WmJmmnMkuEM[/YOUTUBE]
Earlier students at Cal. State Long Beach protested rate hikes and those turned violent. The article below may shed some light on what was going through the mind of the police.chemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/16...98275.html
Tuition cost are ridicolous and something the government needs to look into.
4/5 of students cant pay back there student loans and yet every sngle kid can get financial aid as long as mommy and daddy dont make to much.

When i got out of school i owed 32,000. However, i didnt live on campus or anything and i didnt have to go to the main campus hardly ever. With that said, i still owed 32,000!.

I currently pay 50 bucks a month and thats all they'll ever get out of me. Do i make enough money to pay more? Sure. Did they tell me it was that bad when i was a 17 year old high school senior that had never managed money? No.

Its sad where the cost of education is at now.
^^ That's right and these people want to do something about it. They took part in a peaceful protest and got pepper sprayed in the throat for it.
Pages: 1 2