Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cubs offer Dale Sveum Manager Position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chicago Cubs have offered there Manager position to Milwaukee Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum.

Cubs are also considering Pete Mackanin, DeMarlo Hale, and Sandy Alomar Jr.

Mike Maddux dropped out due to family issues.

Terry Francona is taking the year off.

who is this guy? Does he have any managerial experience?
I guess in a way it was a smart move on the Cubs, seeing as Sveum knows the NL Central
So, they are going with a guy with 2 years of Minor League head-coaching experience.....
^ something must be good about him he seemed to be one of the top candidates for the Red Sox's position. Some of the analyst believe he was the front runner for that position as well. One analyst believe's he would accept the Cubs' position but wait and see what the Red Sox Offer
Strikeout King Wrote:^ something must be good about him he seemed to be one of the top candidates for the Red Sox's position. Some of the analyst believe he was the front runner for that position as well. One analyst believe's he would accept the Cubs' position but wait and see what the Red Sox Offer

The Red Sox are not a mess are they?????
They went down hill at the end of last year and there manager at the time, having family problems. But they got a new GM and they have a pretty good list of possible managers even if the list is short. They are one of baseball's greatest franchises
Strikeout King Wrote:I guess in a way it was a smart move on the Cubs, seeing as Sveum knows the NL Central

I know you want to support the Cubs but this shit is stupid.. Been a Cubs fan forever but this is just stupid... Should have just keep Q...
ekff Wrote:I know you want to support the Cubs but this shit is stupid.. Been a Cubs fan forever but this is just stupid... Should have just keep Q...

I guess they wanted to start over fresh
ekff Wrote:I know you want to support the Cubs but this shit is stupid.. Been a Cubs fan forever but this is just stupid... Should have just keep Q...

I could not agree more. This really is pushing for straws....