Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jenkins vs Millard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What happened at this game? Who won? Was the same officials that officiated the Pre-season county tournament involved? I heard people were arrested?:argue:
Cougar Connection Wrote:What happened at this game? Who won? Was the same officials that officiated the Pre-season county tournament involved? I heard people were arrested?:argue:
Crowd became unruly, refs asked off duty police officer to intervene. Some female fan had thrown something on the court, she was identified and asked to leave. At that point, a male Jenkins fan threw a bottle (plastic, I am assuming) at the officer, striking him in the face. The man was arrested, allegedly stated that he did it and "did not care". That is all I know, according to the newspaper article today. Shameful when a middle school crowd can't control themselves, I don't care how bad the referees allegedly are.
Jenkins has one of the biggest grade school teams I have ever seen. 2 of those boys are about 6'4 and at least 270. Shoulders are huge. And they have another boy with a full beard and goatee. Jenkins keeps these guys together for a while, look out.
warmachine Wrote:Jenkins has one of the biggest grade school teams I have ever seen. 2 of those boys are about 6'4 and at least 270. Shoulders are huge. And they have another boy with a full beard and goatee. Jenkins keeps these guys together for a while, look out.

According to football posts, it seems to be a recurring theme over that way. But whatever, I suspect their eligibility will run out after their sophomore years. lol Just kidding, Jenkins fans. :eyeroll:
no it was one call pre season tournament.
it was not ones call the pre season tournament for then.
Duke20 Wrote:it was not ones call the pre season tournament for then.
HUH? I think you're saying it was one bad call? Please elaborate, we (I) was not there.
I was there, game had been back and forth all night, first Millard lead by 15 at the end of the 1st, then by halftime it was tied. Then 3rd Jenkins got out to a 10 point lead, Millard in the 4th battled back real hard and went up 1, in the last 10 secs Jenkins point guard drove the court and made a layup, a time out was called, Then the Millard point guard broke loose drove the court and went for a layup and a blocking foul was called. To me and alot of people even some Jenkins fans, the called seemed legit. (Leaving 1.4 secs left on the clock).
When the call was made, Jenkins coach was irate and got T'd up, then the assistant got T'd up too...A male Jenkins fan went on the court arguing, then a male Jenkins fan threw a bottle and hit the ref, the woman beside him threw a bottle also and missed, well at this point the refs ask the off duty police officer to take the mic and calm the crowd down. He said he was a off duty police officer and asked the crowd to calm down, and the people who threw the bottles to leave the gym. The man and woman was still irate but they where leaving...As the Cop was turning around another bottle from a elder male was thrown and hit the cop in the back of the head...The cop asked him to leave also, and he was took to jail. The Millard kids, shot free throws to get them up 3 and in the last seconds Jenkins guard, went for a half court shot and missed, and that was game over...It was an intense game. What does it show the kids when parents behave this way to cops, refs and etc?
That was said perfectly Pikevilleout. It was a very bad situation, but it turned out okay. Nobody was hurt badly and the game was able to be finished.
Jenkins involved in more controversy. Who would have thunk it.
All three of these boys are only 14. Still mad about the football game. LOL
millard has a good ball team this year, they play hard and do all the little things that these teams with a lot of talent sometimes forget about. good job millard