Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Texans Matt Schaub out for year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/723505...oot-injury
Hate to see anyone go down with a injury but Uh Oh...Big Grin
I hate to hear this for the Texans. Because this year without Manning is there only shot to win the division....

Texans will still win the division tho. Colts suck, Titans suck, Jags suck.
^

Yeah, your good at predictions with the Titans. How is that 3 win prediction looking?
we will still beat the TITANS Big Grin
I am thankful for a 1.5 game lead right now. If the Texans can win half of their remaining games (go 3-3) with a favorable schedule, they should be able to lock it up. The Titans would have to go 4-2 to have a chance (I don't know how the tie-break would go)

Thankfully, the bye-week this week will help the back-up to be ready.
Big blow to the Texans. Now, Matt Leinart will be the starting QB.
R.I.P Texans.

Probably still win the division however, but probably not a deep playoff run in the making.
Hate to hear this. Texans have been playing some good ball this season. Maybe Leinart has learned something from sitting the bench all these seasons...lol.
I bout died when I first seen this reported
Quote:Schaub joins the growing list of Houston stars sidelined with injuries this season.

In addition to Johnson, sacks leader Mario Williams was lost for the season with a torn chest muscle in a loss to Oakland on Oct. 9, running back Arian Foster missed two of the first three games with a strained left hamstring, and starting safety Danieal Manning has missed three games after breaking his left fibula.

Somehow, the Texans have managed to stay on course for their first playoff berth. Houston hasn't trailed in a game in four weeks and won by an average of 22.5 points across that span.

From the ESPN story.
MVP2 Wrote:^

Yeah, your good at predictions with the Titans. How is that 3 win prediction looking?

That was before they signed Hasselbeck and when Manning was going to play and you know it...

Titans aren't that good.
I had Texans going to AFC Championship game. I don't see that happening now.
This sucks......he was my fantasy quarterback...
I honestly dont think it would have mattered.
That division is no where near the level of the East and North divisions.
It scares me to think what a fully healthy Texans team could do!

I honestly do not think they have been completely healthy all year.
And now the ball falls into the hand of Matt Leinert, who has not taken a snap since 2009. Texans season is offcially OVER!!!
good news is that coming off the bye-week the Texans will get Andre Johnson back
Texans will win this division when Peyton comes back too Smile

another note...
A LOT of injuries this week
Stardust Wrote:And now the ball falls into the hand of Matt Leinert, who has not taken a snap since 2009. Texans season is offcially OVER!!!

How do you quantify their season? Playoffs? win a playoff game? win two playoff games? AFC champion? Super-Bowl Champion?

Remember that this NEW franchise has never been to the playoffs before. To me, with ALL the injuries to this team, making the playoffs and winning this division is a good season.

It seems as if everyone in this division has lost a major player from their team (Manning, Garrard, all the Texans injuries, Young/Collins/Johnson-hold-out) yet the Texans have a 1.5 game lead.
was watching NFL Pre-Game Show on CBS this morning and one of the commentators said that Schaub was going to Dr. Bob Johnson in Charlotte North Carolina this week to get a second opinion, if the Dr. says he has to have surgery then he's done for the year but if the Dr. says rehab and rest then he'll be back for the Playoffs.

So, LWC keep your fingers crossed on this