Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps 56 East Ridge 46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats Phelps!
Congrats Phelps
WOW...way to go Phelps!!!
I did not expect this.
Congrats Hornets!!:dance:
whoa..this makes me very upset!!!:boosign:

east ridge is way better than this..i dont no..what is goin on with them?...
good win for phelps!
congrats to phelps
I hate to say this but it is true East Ridge is sinking faster than the Titanic
Anything is possible with Denny Paul coaching...
East Ridge is like Paintsville, you NEVER KNOW WHAT TEAM IS GOING TO SHOW UP..CONGRATS HORNETS!!!
SHOCKER ER is in trouble
Congrats ER.
This region continue to amaze me.
"HomeGrown" Wrote:SHOCKER ER is in trouble

Along with their coach...
"King James" Wrote:Along with their coach...

Just from reading threads throughout the basketball season I am amazed at how many times a team loses and the coach is blamed. The whole 15th region is up and down this year. This is coach May's first year. He has had some big wins and loses but give the coaches a break. I have even seen threads where people are talking about Bill Mike Runyon.

All I have to say if you think it the coaches fault, Go get your degree, come back and coach and lets see how you can do. Everybody is a good coach from the bleachers but lets see you on the bench.
Wow, phelps surprised me, great win
Congrats Hornets! Blame the coach, blame the refs, blame the boys!! Looks like ER might have a loosing season!! Not acceptable to me!! Someone has to be accountable.
"spectator" Wrote:Just from reading threads throughout the basketball season I am amazed at how many times a team loses and the coach is blamed. The whole 15th region is up and down this year. This is coach May's first year. He has had some big wins and loses but give the coaches a break. I have even seen threads where people are talking about Bill Mike Runyon.

All I have to say if you think it the coaches fault, Go get your degree, come back and coach and lets see how you can do. Everybody is a good coach from the bleachers but lets see you on the bench.

Here is my degree for you:

He coached JV last year, and was assistant Coach.
He coached at Belfry, got run off.
He coached at Valley, got run off.
He coached at Elkhorn, and if hadnt been for the merge, he would have got ran off.

Until you play for him, and realize how he wants to play favorites in the game. You cant really take his side.

I'm glad Phelps beat them actually, maybe it will being down his big ego
#1 He helped coach Justice at Belfry during 90 91 92 (3 region titles)
#2 He left Belfry and eventually became head coach at Elkhorn City
#3 I didn't know he coached at Valley. If he did that is a new one on me.
#4 When the two schools merged Hurley got the job at ER and Coach May helped him
at ER another region title

But I wasn't asking for his degree, I was wanting to see how people like you could do if you were a coach.
1, 2, and sometimes 3 years doesn't give a new coach a chance to build a program
around his system. I just think people should support their coach and let the administration decide if the program is going in the right direction.
Do you even know what went on at East Ridge?

Hurley didnt even put in a notice.
It was all a scam.
Hurley left, and no notice to the board, and May took over.
It was planned.
Hey if you all dont want Coach May at East Ridge send him back over to Belfry, we would love to have him back as an assistant coach, Coach May is a great individual I dont see how you all are complaining blaming your loses on him, I mean he has beat Belfry once an Paintsville once...
I don't know much about DPM, but I do know he wasn't the "coach" at Valley, but he wasn the assistant under Rodney Rowe for a couple of years, so if he paid attention there at all he should be a good coach....
It is just like the old saying goes... "Players win games, coaches lose them.".
"piratefaithful" Wrote:Hey if you all dont want Coach May at East Ridge send him back over to Belfry, we would love to have him back as an assistant coach, Coach May is a great individual I dont see how you all are complaining blaming your loses on him, I mean he has beat Belfry once an Paintsville once...

I agree 100%. Someone must not be getting the playing time and is jealous. That is the way it is, someone is always looking for a reason to bash a coach and I have come to the point that it is because

#1 Not good enough to play so a family member or the player wants to give the coach a bad name.

#2 Someone didn't get the coaching job

If you do not like the coach MOVE. :thumb:
Congrads Hornets......Big Upset in my book......That has happen to alot of teams in the 15th region this year. As for the coaching, there hasn't been a coach Win a game this year, yet has the players LOST a game this year.......at least......thats wht people on here are saying, which is completly False....but thats my opinion I guess.

Dont worry Warriors...Just Hold your Heads up...Try not to let it get to ya its in the past now........Play Hard against JC this friday.....Hopefully u will get a win...and worry bout district Tourney next week because that is what matters now..........
Coach May wasn't "run off" from Belfry!!! That may be the most ridiculous statement that I have ever seen on ANY of these forums that are full of ridiculous statements. He got a promotion and moved into the central office...which is in Pikeville...he got married and built a house on the other side of Pikeville...it was going to be a logistical nightmare to continue to coach at Belfry. He was a very important part of three regional championships. He learned under one of the best coaches in 15th region history...Raymond Justice....he also took over at SV for part of a season after Rowe left for personal reasons...Elkhorn City consolidated....better get your facts straight guys!! Here is another news flash...ER isn't very talented...
"Hoops Lover" Wrote:Coach May wasn't "run off" from Belfry!!! That may be the most ridiculous statement that I have ever seen on ANY of these forums that are full of ridiculous statements. He got a promotion and moved into the central office...which is in Pikeville...he got married and built a house on the other side of Pikeville...it was going to be a logistical nightmare to continue to coach at Belfry. He was a very important part of three regional championships. He learned under one of the best coaches in 15th region history...Raymond Justice....he also took over at SV for part of a season after Rowe left for personal reasons...Elkhorn City consolidated....better get your facts straight guys!! Here is another news flash...ER isn't very talented...

Agreed, but like I said before, if you all dont want him at East Ridge, please send him back to Belfry's coaching staff... He would make a great asset to Coach Casey's arsonal...
I'm sure Coach Casey would welcome him back. They are very close friends and Coach Casey has a lot of respect for him as a basketball coach.
"Cameron Crazy" Wrote:Here is my degree for you:

He coached JV last year, and was assistant Coach.
He coached at Belfry, got run off.
He coached at Valley, got run off.
He coached at Elkhorn, and if hadnt been for the merge, he would have got ran off.

Until you play for him, and realize how he wants to play favorites in the game. You cant really take his side.

I'm glad Phelps beat them actually, maybe it will being down his big ego

Here is my degree

1. Your greatly mistaken
2. He left Belfry to be closer to home with his wife.
3. MANY of his former players respect him more than anyone will probably ever respect you
4. He was HC at Valley for year because RR resigned and they was not very talented
5. He didn't recruit at Elkhorn City like Randy McCoy did ( I personally know Josh Leathers, and Courtney Clevinger is a member of my family.....oh does any one remeber Myron Mendolivich (sp)?

6. I did play for him and yes he plays favorites.....to the kids that work the hardest....the 3 years I played for him was great.
Congrats to Phelps on a good win
Pages: 1 2