Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Post your most recent purchases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is on another site im on and is pretty popular. Lets keep it clean.

here's mine

[Image: Wendys-Wild-Berry-Tea.jpg]
^I'm sure it was more than a Washington that went into that tank. Sad
Thats not even enough to start it.
Mw3
Bought my Grandma dinner yesterday, bought a new TV and a crapload of electronics to go with it. Got a bonus for re-upping so I kind of spent some money on myself, and I'm getting a bigger room before I'm released to get my own place! I bought some games, and actually took the advice of Ballers and Aslan and got an Xbox, it's alright but I'm excited for Forza. TV is Sony, love that company and they make really great TV's, haha. Sold my other one for half the price of the new one, so I really was only out a few hundred, which wasn't bad for a Sony. Big Sandy really likes to hook you up.

Any of you know any Xbox specific games I should try? Or electronics period? I'm deploying early 2012, what about a tough computer? Some of my friends have told me Alienware is the way to go, but I used to have one and they're so expensive. It needs to have room for alot of pics and be able take a bit of contact without breaking.

There's just so many different companies out there, don't really know what's best.
Gas
Jarons Wrote:Gas

Story of my life!
Jarons Wrote:Gas

Gah dudes...I really have no idea what is keeping gas this high, but it's killing me. Really, really breaks ya up. I know guys that aren't even going home for Thanksgiving this year because it'd be to expensive. Guys like myself who's family has to drive quite a ways to an airport. I just drove home luckily.

Why exactly are they so high anyway?
My latest purchase
vundy33 Wrote:Gah dudes...I really have no idea what is keeping gas this high, but it's killing me. Really, really breaks ya up. I know guys that aren't even going home for Thanksgiving this year because it'd be to expensive. Guys like myself who's family has to drive quite a ways to an airport. I just drove home luckily.

Why exactly are they so high anyway?

This is an absolute shame!
Midee1 Wrote:My latest purchase

Nice!!!
vundy33 Wrote:what about a tough computer? Some of my friends have told me Alienware is the way to go, but I used to have one and they're so expensive. It needs to have room for alot of pics and be able take a bit of contact without breaking.

There's just so many different companies out there, don't really know what's best.

I know panasonic makes some toughbooks, which may not be up your ally. They are really bulky and small. You can look into shock resisant cases and hard drives.
NothingTrivial Wrote:I know panasonic makes some toughbooks, which may not be up your ally. They are really bulky and small. You can look into shock resisant cases and hard drives.

Yeah man, that's the computer my bud and I were trying to think of. I'd like a 15" or bigger screen..will be used for Facebooking, pics and vids, and a crapload of movies of course. The toughbook is probably tougher than I need, really just looking for a reliable company, all I have hands-on experience with are HP and Alienware laptops.

Thanks bro.
LWC Wrote:^I'm sure it was more than a Washington that went into that tank. Sad

It was all I could afford, it got me to the next gas station where I just went ahead and parked it....:igiveup:
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah man, that's the computer my bud and I were trying to think of. I'd like a 15" or bigger screen..will be used for Facebooking, pics and vids, and a crapload of movies of course. The toughbook is probably tougher than I need, really just looking for a reliable company, all I have hands-on experience with are HP and Alienware laptops.

Thanks bro.

It if wont take too much of a beating, you may want to look into getting a cheaper brand like Acer, and replacing the hard drive with a shock resistant hard drive. Ive bought 3 acers, and combined have paid maybe $800 for them, great computers. You could get a nice 16-17" hd screen and replace the hard drive for probably 1/2-3/4 the price of low-mid model alienware.
NothingTrivial Wrote:It if wont take too much of a beating, you may want to look into getting a cheaper brand like Acer, and replacing the hard drive with a shock resistant hard drive. Ive bought 3 acers, and combined have paid maybe $800 for them, great computers. You could get a nice 16-17" hd screen and replace the hard drive for probably 1/2-3/4 the price of low-mid model alienware.

Been looking into Acer too..they don't have the exact specifications I am looking for, but they are good enough, plus I've had alot of people say the same thing you have about them. I'll really be looking at Acer and HP, and a bit more expensive Toshiba and Sony. Gracias again.

Imagine if there was a Best Buy somewhere in East KY, lol...don't wanna wait.
For the price of some you could upgrade it to what you want and still come out cheaper...with spare parts. Usually you can get some acers for insane low prices on black friday if you want to spend the 2 weeks waiting.
My last question, I realize this isn't a tech thread, haha. Anyone know where I can get a laptop HP keyboard fixed in Pike/Letcher Counties (rather be Pike)? All that's wrong with it is the spacebar is completely ripped off, I can't fix it :/
^
Dude if you lived anywhere even remotely close, id give you one, but by the time you come and get it youll be out more in gas than you would just buying a new one. Same probably goes for shipping.
You mean a spacebar? It'll take more than glue and my knowledge to fix it. Thought you were in Letcher?
^
I was talking about an entire HP keyboard for a desktop lol.
But i just seen where you said laptop, and i cant help ya there.
Na, i live in Corbin
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfEIagmIv2mYu_bDL-s6s...GdQy1c0q6l]
Yup, this aint helpin the ole gut out any...
A gallon of water.
had to refill my supplies for the gym

[Image: get_lean_stack_450_white.jpeg]
vundy33 Wrote:My last question, I realize this isn't a tech thread, haha. Anyone know where I can get a laptop HP keyboard fixed in Pike/Letcher Counties (rather be Pike)? All that's wrong with it is the spacebar is completely ripped off, I can't fix it :/

I know a guy that offered to replace one for me for $25 plus parts. If you are still in need PM me & i will get you his number.
Last purchase was gas this morning and a bottle of Dasani.
wwe '12
Here is my most recent purchase.