Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Garrard Co. 40 Russell 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
11/11/2011
Garrard Co. 40 Russell 6

Russell 0 6 0 0 6
Garrard Co. 12 22 6 0 40
Scoring summary:
Class 3A
G--Markell Hayes 65 run (pass failed); G--Corey Wilson 5 run (run failed); R--Paul Spradlin 25 run (kick failed); G--Tyler McCoy 9 pass from Billy Abney (Dustin Keller run); G--McCoy 41 pass from Abney (Garret Caudill kick); G--Hayes 65 run (Caudill kick); G--Wilson 2 run (kick failed).
Records: Russell 7-4, Garrard Co. 11-1.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1dURvEFYm
Wow!! I knew Russell would get beat, but come on man!!
Congrats Garrard.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Wow!! I knew Russell would get beat, but come on man!!

It was a pretty good beating. Right there with the beating Raceland took last night.:lmao:
i was at the game, same old sad story for my devils, bad tackling, stupid penelties, one dementinal offense, kids out off position all over the field, lack of heart or fire, after gc went three and out on their first posesion russ drove down and came up a ft short on fourth down, gc drove ninty nine and half yards to score, lot of kids hanging their heads then, its just been so frustrating watching this team try and compete against good teams last three four years, when russ is at the point where they cant compete aginst the single a schools in the area u have to take a good hard loong look at ur program, and i know il get bashed for even hinting at this , but unless russ has kids that just cannot play anymore, and u have different personel every yr, theres only one thing that remains constant. the coaching staff, u can take what u want out of that but im just saying, god forbid i suggest a coaching change is due, im not saying thatConfusedhh: u make up ur own mind what the problem is
Midee1 Wrote:It was a pretty good beating. Right there with the beating Rsceland took last night.:lmao:

You got that right!!! The QB for Pikeville made our defense look silly last night!!
Congrats Garrad Co
Just got back. Congratulations to Garrard County.

Its been fun messing with a few of you.
^ Hey Fball. Put your two cents in on the Breathitt/Belfry matchup.

I for one was sorry to see Russell get beat like this in this game. The margin of victory makes me think maybe Garradd is better than I had given them credit for.
:thatsfunn
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Hey Fball. Put your two cents in on the Breathitt/Belfry matchup.

I for one was sorry to see Russell get beat like this in this game. The margin of victory makes me think maybe Garradd is better than I had given them credit for.

Im not sure to be honest. I knew Garrard would be a tough matchup for Russell because of their quickness. Belfry or Breathitt would be a tough matchup for them. I think Belfry's defensive speed and physicality pose more of a problem for Garrard. If they were to play Breathitt I think it would be a shoot out. 100+ possible in that game.

I wasn't there but it sounds like Russell had a lot of the same problems they had throughout much of the year. Garrard took away the running game and Russell couldn't sustain drives. Putting up points quickly was not there game and if they got behind they really struggled.