Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 34 Danville 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jumpers score 34 straight after being down 15-0 early in the game. Ads score on JV's with seconds left for final margin.
Congrats to the Jumpers on the victory over Danville.
Congrats Jumpers. I actually picked the Ads, but only because I thought it would be an upset. Obviously Somerset is a better team
Ive been on the Somerset band wagon since they come off that 3 game losing steak 2a better watch out they can play with anyone..
Talk about a come back!! I couldn't believe it when I heard that the Jumpers were down 15-0 but, they obviously have ice in their veins!

Congrats Briar Jumpers!!
Somerset wins in a big rivalry game plays Lexington Christian next Friday
Great poise by the Briar Jumpers to withstand Danville's early punch. The Admirals seemed to lose a lot of their swagger after Storm Wilson's kickoff return for a touchdown cut the early deficit to 15-7. From their it was all Somerset. Danville seemed to be waiting for something to go wrong and the Briar Jumpers just took it to them. Somerset has a chance to win a 3rd consecutive regional title for the 2nd time in school history.
Is the Somerset/Lexington Christian game at Somerset?
bulldog149 Wrote:Is the Somerset/Lexington Christian game at Somerset?

Yes, Somerset is the #1 seed and LCA is the #2 seed.
Thanks.
What can I say, it never gets old!

Congrats to Danville on a good season and looking forward to two more games next year hopefully.
Way to go Jumpers!

Glad to see that Somerset downed the Ads again.

Keep up the good work guys... :Clap:
Congrads Somerset. Glad to see that offense out of that funk it was in early in the season and are one of the hottest teams in the state right now in 2A. I look for them to beat LCA by atleast 20 but LCA will give a good fight but will come up short as Somerset wins 40 to 20
Congrats Jumpers
Now that was a first half of football. Doesn't get much more exciting than that comeback once it got set into motion by the Wilson kickoff return. Wilson and Lange sure didn't appear to be very hurt! Also, some sophomores, Bryson jones and will lange had a heck of a game with some crucial catches and plays. Also, That was pretty unbelievable when jones ripped the ball out of the danville players hands during their drive and started trucking the other way with it.

In all, very good game by Somerset, offense looked pretty crisp, d slacked a little in the beginning and scared the crap out of us, pulled it together and finished very strong. Great heart shown, team should be proud. The score makes it seem closer than it was bc of that score with 15 seconds left. Go jumpers!!!
Congrats somerset.
Man, every time I pick against the Bunnies, they win.

You're welcome, Jumper fans.
Good to see #34 back outthere this week!!!!
Gitback Coach Wrote:Man, every time I pick against the Bunnies, they win.

You're welcome, Jumper fans.

If that were true Somerset would be undefeated. You never pick the Briar Jumpers.
Congrats Somerset. Hop on down the bunny trail.
Tougher schedule pays off.
Tica Wrote:Tougher schedule pays off.

Agreed. :Thumbs:
Norm Peterson Wrote:If that were true Somerset would be undefeated. You never pick the Briar Jumpers.

LOL, you might have a point there, Norm.

I do tend to pick the Jumpers over their cross-town rivals (SW and PC), though, and I was SHOCKED that they didn't beat Whitley. This week, SHS will hang at least 40 on LCA for their third straight regional title. So yes, Norm, I'm picking the Jumpers this week.

You'll understand if I don't pick the Jumpers next week, though. I'll be rootin' for 'em; just not bettin' on 'em. In fact, if I can't get out of traveling to my in-laws' for Thanksgiving (in northern KY), it looks like I'll likely attend the semi-final game at NCC.

Best of luck, Jumper fans.
Gitback Coach Wrote:LOL, you might have a point there, Norm.

I do tend to pick the Jumpers over their cross-town rivals (SW and PC), though, and I was SHOCKED that they didn't beat Whitley. This week, SHS will hang at least 40 on LCA for their third straight regional title. So yes, Norm, I'm picking the Jumpers this week.

You'll understand if I don't pick the Jumpers next week, though. I'll be rootin' for 'em; just not bettin' on 'em. In fact, if I can't get out of traveling to my in-laws' for Thanksgiving (in northern KY), it looks like I'll likely attend the semi-final game at NCC.

Best of luck, Jumper fans.

Yeah, I'd completely understand that one. Are you sure that you don't want to pick LCA? Just in case the whole, we always win when you pick against us thing is true?
Oh God let's not get me or anyone started on the Whitley game.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Are you sure that you don't want to pick LCA? Just in case the whole, we always win when you pick against us thing is true?

How about this:

"The Jumpers' season will end in a game against a private school from a relatively large, metropolitan area."

There, that should cover us for at least the next couple weeks.
Congrats Somerset.