Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Collins 33 - Spencer County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Ugly game for Collins, very fortunate to win it. Lots of personal fouls. Brooks left the game early with an injury, Sames left the game early with an injury.
Jarons Wrote:Ugly game for Collins, very fortunate to win it. Lots of personal fouls. Brooks left the game early with an injury, Sames left the game early with an injury.

Michael Brooks did come back to play. DeAndre Farris left the game early with an injury. Joseph Fawns also went down with an injury to his foot or his leg.

Collins didn't play very good and all of the injuries didn't help. They're gonna have to play much better next week in order to win.
Collins impressive year continues
blue1424 Wrote:Michael Brooks did come back to play. DeAndre Farris left the game early with an injury. Joseph Fawns also went down with an injury to his foot or his leg.

Collins didn't play very good and all of the injuries didn't help. They're gonna have to play much better next week in order to win.
I thought I saw him take off his pads. I didn't remember him coming back in. I might have been seeing someone else's pads and I just assumed it was Brooks'.
According to the radio announcers on the way home, Collins will be hosting Western next week.
congrats to Collins
Jarons Wrote:I thought I saw him take off his pads. I didn't remember him coming back in. I might have been seeing someone else's pads and I just assumed it was Brooks'.

I'm pretty sure Michael came back in, but I could be wrong.

Collins stayed mostly injury free all year and now they all get hurt during the playoffs. Hopefully next week they can get revenge and beat Western in a rematch of last years regional championship.
11/11/2011
Collins 33 Spencer Co. 14

Spencer Co. 0 7 7 0 14
Collins 13 6 14 0 33
Scoring summary:
Class 4A
C--Michael Brooks 2 run (Austin Nakatani kick); C--Andrew Page 20 pass from Lawson Page (kick failed); S--Chase Smith 31 run (Brandon Taylor kick); C--Brooks 1 run (run failed); C--A. Page 42 pass from L. Page (Nakatani kick); S--Wil Eldridge 4 run (Taylor kick); C--Logan Bailey 83 run (Nakatani kick).
Records: Collins 10-2, Spencer Co. 5-7.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1dUVcZO9i
The Titans (10-2, Class 4-A) remained balanced on offense as they defeated the Bears (5-7) and move on to the third round of playoff action. Logan Bailey led the rushing attack for the Titans with 100 yards on 8 carries and 1 touchdown and Andrew Page led all receivers with 9 catches for 146 yards and 2 touchdowns.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/gamestat...ity/Boys/1
The Collins football team will get a rematch for the region title.

The Titans topped Spencer County 33-14 Friday night in the second round of the Class 4A playoffs at Robert Doyle Stadium to earn a spot in the regional title game for the second straight season, and they'll have a familiar foe. Collins (10-2) will host Western (7-5) at 7:30 p.m. next Friday night. The Warriors, who beat North Oldham 28-19 Friday night, beat the Titans 31-26 in the Region 2 title game last year.

Collins got the chance to avenge that loss by beating the Bears tonight. The Titans did that by getting two touchdowns from Michael Brooks, two touchdown passes from Lawson Page to his older brother Andrew and a 100-yard rushing game from junior Logan Bailey.

Collins rolled up 488 yards of offense (277 rushing, 211 passing) and held Spencer County (5-7) to 122 yards of offense (94 rushing, 28 passing).

Bailey's 83-yard touchdown run late in the third quarter was the clincher for the Titans, while Brooks had 12 rushes for 60 yards and two scores. Senior Donte Jones added 48 yards on five carries. Sophomore standout running back DeAndre Farris gained 39 yards on only two carries before going out with an ankle injury. He went to the hospital during the game and was back on the sidelines before the game ended on crutches, but with only a sprained left ankle.

He wasn't the only one to get banged up, though. Sophomore wideout/safety Nathan Sames also had to be taken to the hospital with a likely concussion, while senior lineman Joseph Fawns also left the game with an ankle injury. Brooks too was hobbled at the end of the game by an ankle.

Sophomore quarterback Lawson Page completed 15 of 21 passes for 211 yards and TDs of 20 and 42 yards to his brother Andrew, who had nine catches for 146 yards.

http://www.sentinelnews.com/content/tita...unty-33-14
Congrats Collins.
Jarons Wrote:Ugly game for Collins, very fortunate to win it. Lots of personal fouls. Brooks left the game early with an injury, Sames left the game early with an injury.

Fortunate to win it, what game where you watching.
yeah it was ugly BUT that is football.