Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Happy Veterans Day to all our board veterans!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy Veterans day to all our servicemen and women on the board. Thank you!! You are heros!!
^ Hey vundy, can I hang out with you tomorrow???? Wink
Stardust Wrote:[Image: Veterans%20Day.jpg]

Pretty rad...

Haha, I have ALOT to do tomorrow. Busy day fo sho. Hopefully see some vets of past wars out. Thanked a Vietnam vet outside of Applebees when I was out there smoke..looked at me like he seen a ghost. Took him a little while to talk. Seen an old guy at the Pikeville Wal-Mart earlier, he had First Sgt rank on his cap. I said "How's it goin first sgt?"..he wasn't expecting that. I spot that First Sgt and Sgt Major rank from a mile away, lol.
To our European allies on the board a hardy happy Armistice Day or simply Remembrance Day

"11th hour, on the 11th day, of the 11th month" The guns of the Western Front fell silent marking the end of the Great War

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcUfUvm3WrvTc01vEWk4w...J-pZr59OLW]
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from falling hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUa-wcpJ8XDlKsteZPpEk...gS34Hm1Z2g]
Happy Veterans Day to all our hero Vets. Thanks for all you do & have done. May God bless you & your family.
Happy Veterans Day to all who has served and currently in active duties.

Thank you guys so much, and god bless you.

Thanks Vundy, and all the other Vets and currently serving on this site.
MVP2 Wrote:Happy Veterans Day to all who has served and currently in active duties.

Thank you guys so much, and god bless you.

Thanks Vundy, and all the other Vets and currently serving on this site.

Ditto. I want to wish all the veterans a very happy Veterans day.

I also want to wish MVP2 a happy veterans day.. He's not an Army Vet, but he's a veteran of gay bars.
Ballers Wrote:Ditto. I want to wish all the veterans a very happy Veterans day.

I also want to wish MVP2 a happy veterans day.. He's not an Army Vet, but he's a veteran of gay bars.

:biglmao:
happy vets day!!!!!!!
Happy veterans day. Three or four of my best friends are either veterans or active duty military personnel. My dad, granddad, uncles, etc... are all veterans. I remember when I started high school most of my buddies and me were talking about either football or JROTC, 2 or 3 of the guys even quit football because the coaches would not let them miss 1 hour of practice every week to do Raider team practice. That year they lost their starting fullback, 1 wide receiver and some others.

Now those that I have mentioned have been overseas and one or two are still in active duty. God bless them I still miss them today because they are so far away and have been for so long.

To all who are on here as members, or as visitors reading this page. May God bless you for all that you do, have done or will continue to do for this great nation. You're in my prayers.
Happy Veterans Day everyone!!!

May we remember our military heroes who have given their lives, parts of their lives and those who have had permenent change in their lives for having served our great country.

God Bless America!!!!

Confusedalute:
I would love to get ahold of that guy.

And try not to group all of us into the shittyness of my generation...those that have fought these wars are the best of this generation, in my opinion.
Thank you for all our veterans and current fighting!!
Ballers, hahahahaha...good one.

Didn't get a free meal after all, lol. The girl forgot to give me the menu with the 6 dishes we could pick from. Didn't mind though, and a really cool manage gave me a discount. They were really busy. Nothing I hate more than someone yelling at restaurant employees, especially when they're working their butts off. I thought it was really nice of them to offer anything like that, they get points from me for sure.

Met a few old WW2 and Korean War grunts. Those were some good men. One of them was with the exact same unit (the WW2 version of it, of course) as I am today in the 82nd Airborne. Jumped into Normandy. Great dude, was honored to meet them. There's not many left. We should really celebrate their lives as much as possible for the next couple of years.
Stardust Wrote:And then we have this from Occupy Wallstreet!!!http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2011/10...o-ows.html

[Image: flag_pooper.jpg]
The update at the bottom says that this was a picture from 2007 at a Portland anti-war rally. It could be that they all are, but it still sucks what they are doing to the flag, no matter when it was.
I've heard of and seen some people burning the flag and stomping on it at the Occupy Movement..but, that's really only a few, I really believe that. That really goes against pretty much everything they're going for.

Ridiculous either way. I went by Anne E. Young just to make sure the little flags on all the graves were squared away..I couldn't imagine doing that to the flag, or letting someone get by with it injury-free.
TheRealVille Wrote:The update at the bottom says that this was a picture from 2007 at a Portland anti-war rally. It could be that they all are, but it still sucks what they are doing to the flag, no matter when it was.

I missed that then
Happy Veterans Day to every man and woman that has ever put on that uniform to protect this country. We all owe our gratitude and freedom to you all. Thank you, Vets.