Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: America's Team to play in Italy(Press Release)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PRESS RELEASE:

Current Red Devils' Head Coach, Matthew Rigsby, was chosen to lead America's Team on Thursday September 22, 2011. America's Team is an 18U United States team that travels overseas and to several other locations, competing against club teams from various countries. This summer, Coach Rigsby will be taking America's Team to Italy July 23rd-July 31st.

"It is a great opportunity for a lot of these kids that would not have this chance if it wasn't for baseball? One of the best things about this trip is that baseball is only a part of it. We will have our own local tour guide that will show these kids as much as they want to see," Rigsby Said.

Coach Rigsby is currently the Head Coach at Jeffersonville High School in Southern Indiana. He has also spent several seasons in Eastern Kentucky coaching as well, including his alma mater, Powell County High School, where he began his coaching career 8 years ago. In his first year at Jeffersonville High School, Rigsby posted a 20-6 record, and saw his Red Devils lead the state in homeruns and team batting average. Jeffersonville was also one of only two teams to defeat 4A State Champions, Fort Wayne Carroll, last season.

"We have several good athletes in our area, but I want this opportunity to be open to everyone," Rigsby added. "There have been several times where things like this have come about and Eastern Kentucky kids have been left behind because of their geographical location? I want Eastern Kentucky kids to have this chance as well," Rigsby said.

America's Team will be mostly hand picked by Coach Rigsby, but there is also a referral option as well as a tryout option that will be available.

"When it comes to selecting these kids, it will be wide open." Rigsby said.

All Tryouts will be set up individually thru Coach Rigsby, and you can also send videos as well to be evaluated?

"It is really important to me to win and represent our country to the best of our ability, but at the same time I am going to make sure these kids get a cultural experience out of this trip as well?" Rigsby added.

American Council for International Studies is the group partnered with America's team. They specialize in international sports tours and are the premiere educational travel company sponsoring student trips worldwide. ACIS has guided students on over a half million unforgettable educational trips. By traveling with ACIS, student-athletes gain insight not just from seeing famous places, but also from observing life in and around them. The ACIS has been established since 1978.

Brigham Joy, founder and president, hired Coach Rigsby based on a few key elements.

"I think Coach Rigsby is one of the premiere coaches in this regional area, and with his knowledge and love for the athletes he coaches, I think he will do great things for our company." Joy said.
lol
Who from eastern or central kentucky is on this team right now? Can someone post the names of the Kentucky kids that are on the team as of right now?
My son actually got invited to this. We're from Harlan County.