Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge/Canada Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How good can two players really make this team? Let's hear what everybody thinks...
I been looking on YouTube and everything tryin to find there highlight video or something and couldn't find nothing, so you know any website we can go to to see a video of them?
That's What She Said Wrote:How good can two players really make this team? Let's hear what everybody thinks...

Who knows? I guess we will find out in a month or so.
Heard today that one was already heading back home.
It's Canada - Basketball SUCKS in canada!
Hm... If its true on there ranking and from what I hear, Theyll win the 15th region. Ive talked to Tony and hes gonna go places. Theyll destroy teams down here. Just my guess.
Which one is heading back? Guard or Big Man?
That's What She Said Wrote:Which one is heading back? Guard or Big Man?

Not, sure if any. Just stating what I had heard. :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:It's Canada - Basketball SUCKS in canada!

That used to be the case, but you may want to update yourself and read this article:

Three of the top 25 prospects in the 2010 freshman class are Canadians: Joseph (No. 8), Thompson (No. 17) and Stanford forward Dwight Powell (No. 25). Gonzaga's roster includes three Canadians: Robert Sacre, Mangisto Arop and Kelly Olynyk. Joseph's older brother, Devoe, is a junior guard at Minnesota. Joseph's cousin, Kris Joseph, is a junior forward for Syracuse. Kris Joseph's older brother, Maurice Joseph, helped Vermont reach the NCAA tournament last season after transferring from Michigan State.

"The AAU programs are getting stronger in Canada, and the infrastructure is getting in place to help produce prospects and get them down to the States," said Jerry Meyer, a national recruiting analyst for Rivals.com. "You keep hearing more and more about Canadian players. When I first started here about eight years ago, it seemed like Canadian guys never quite panned out. They were overhyped, overrated. Now it doesn't seem to be that way. The prospects seem to be legit high-major prospects."

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/cont...ID=1136336
Neither of them are listed on the roster of East Ridge on the KHSAA page.
I heard Tony wolter has visted Missouri and Indiana, and Raynold is wanted by Arizona...IMO 15th region champs. Not by what i've heard,but they are also ranked in Canada.
Seems like the new coach thinks two players can make a difference..Confusednicker:

Going to be interesting year.
lol, two kids can make a difference. Just like the coaches son did last year.

These are really good kids, they're going to have good careers and I'm happy for them. Also, neither are going back to Canada.
I seem to have found a small clip on youtube, please bare the poor quality.

Both Tony and Ray are eligable and will be playing this season, East Ridge Warrior night is tomorrow night at East Ridge if you want to see for yourself...
They appear to be really good recruits. A #1 recruiting class for ER this year will make them competitive. You're kidding yourselves if you think these 2 weren't recruited hard to ER. There is no way these guys sat down and said "Let's go East Ridge High School in East Kentucky".

It's all an absolute joke.
you can go to this site and cleary see that both of the canadians are on the team roster..

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...bk11/36228
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:They appear to be really good recruits. A #1 recruiting class for ER this year will make them competitive. You're kidding yourselves if you think these 2 weren't recruited hard to ER. There is no way these guys sat down and said "Let's go East Ridge High School in East Kentucky".

Should I get you a crying towel? Or perhaps some cheese with that whine? You have stated on here at least 55 times that they are recruited and its a joke and you hate it and yada yada yada. We all know how you feel. We have heard your opinion, which you are entitled to, but after a while, you kinda develop a crybaby syndrome, which is where you are right now. Anyway, it is what it is, get over it, get used to it, deal with it. If you truly don't like it, don't go to the games.:gtfo:
And you have clearly shown how excited you are for your little program to finally have a chance to be a real competitor. You have also acted in extreme defense of anyone that has been critical of this. Almost too defensive IMO. I'm entitled to my opinion and will continue to drive it into the ground because I see how pathetic this is. I love how you refuse to deny that these kids were recruited to ER, because you'd be a liar if you did. I'll go to the games because my school has had very few problems with East Ridge in the past, and should continue that tradition this season. And they'll do it without a questionable coach and questionable players. I may continue to show my syndrome as you call it, but I'm not blind. So deal with it.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:And you have clearly shown how excited you are for your little program to finally have a chance to be a real competitor. You have also acted in extreme defense of anyone that has been critical of this. Almost too defensive IMO. I'm entitled to my opinion and will continue to drive it into the ground because I see how pathetic this is. I love how you refuse to deny that these kids were recruited to ER, because you'd be a liar if you did. I'll go to the games because my school has had very few problems with East Ridge in the past, and should continue that tradition this season. And they'll do it without a questionable coach and questionable players. I may continue to show my syndrome as you call it, but I'm not blind. So deal with it.

LOL You want to talk about something pathetic, that would be you! You are exactly right, you are a crybaby! Please continue to drive that into the ground and show everyone just how juvenile that you are. "I'll go to the games, because my school will win no matter what" LOL Yet you come on here and cry about the players going to East Ridge! LOL OMG!!! You are so funny!!! If you aren't worried about anything, why comment about it? Please keep posting, I do need some laughs in my life!!! LOL
School Admin. Wrote:LOL You want to talk about something pathetic, that would be you! You are exactly right, you are a crybaby! Please continue to drive that into the ground and show everyone just how juvenile that you are. "I'll go to the games, because my school will win no matter what" LOL Yet you come on here and cry about the players going to East Ridge! LOL OMG!!! You are so funny!!! If you aren't worried about anything, why comment about it? Please keep posting, I do need some laughs in my life!!! LOL

For the 2nd time you dance around the subject at hand and do not address the subject. The fact that you've resorted to insults shows a lack of maturity, and also shows that your defense mechanism has shifted into high gear. (funny how that works with such a touchy subject).

I know how the 2 players got there, so does everybody else, so I'll let it go. 2 players surrounded by mediocrity (coaches and players) will not equal success, so good luck. I'll stop talking about it.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:For the 2nd time you dance around the subject at hand and do not address the subject. The fact that you've resorted to insults shows a lack of maturity, and also shows that your defense mechanism has shifted into high gear. (funny how that works with such a touchy subject).

I know how the 2 players got there, so does everybody else, so I'll let it go. 2 players surrounded by mediocrity (coaches and players) will not equal success, so good luck. I'll stop talking about it.

I wasn't insulting you, I was just trying to point out how silly this is. I was never trying to dance around any subject. What difference would it have made if I would have agreed with you? Would it have changed anything? Would it have made them not eligible? Would it have sent them home? I was trying to point out to you was that everyone knows how you feel about the situation, but they are here and they are going to play, end of story. You were the one throwing insults about East Ridge. I don't put down schools, or kids. I don't always agree with some adults in the decisions they make regarding kids. Anyway, I thank you for wishing them good luck, I also wish you good luck and I am also glad you have decided to stop talking about it. On these two points we can agree!
School Admin. Wrote:Should I get you a crying towel? Or perhaps some cheese with that whine? You have stated on here at least 55 times that they are recruited and its a joke and you hate it and yada yada yada. We all know how you feel. We have heard your opinion, which you are entitled to, but after a while, you kinda develop a crybaby syndrome, which is where you are right now. Anyway, it is what it is, get over it, get used to it, deal with it. If you truly don't like it, don't go to the games.:gtfo:

I second this
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:They appear to be really good recruits. A #1 recruiting class for ER this year will make them competitive. You're kidding yourselves if you think these 2 weren't recruited hard to ER. There is no way these guys sat down and said "Let's go East Ridge High School in East Kentucky".

A transfer is a transfer. It doesn't matter where they come from they should all be handled the same. Wasn't the MVP of the regional tournament for SV last year a transfer from Paintsville?
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:A transfer is a transfer. It doesn't matter where they come from they should all be handled the same. Wasn't the MVP of the regional tournament for SV last year a transfer from Paintsville?

Yeah that is true I think it's sad that there are so many jealous people out there that have to hate on two underpriveleged kids from Canada just trying to chase there dreams. I do not have a child that attends ERHS nor did I go there myself so you can't call me a homer I wish these two young men the best.
1:09-1:30

Jimmy Dugan Wrote:A transfer is a transfer. It doesn't matter where they come from they should all be handled the same. Wasn't the MVP of the regional tournament for SV last year a transfer from Paintsville?

Yes he was. BUT, unlike what is happening now. His dad lives in Pike Co. and due to certain situations. He returned to live with his father. It was a very good choice on the kids behalf.
Stardust Wrote:It's Canada - Basketball SUCKS in canada!

Don't tell Jamaal Magloire that.

This is Ray on Warrior night, last saturday..
OK heres mine , Ok any street kid from a big city town could go to An Eastern Ky school and would look like a great playing .So these kids must of been lied to or payed somehow . To go to a school that did not make it to that little 15 region turny last year . Dont they realize that even a good coach can't improve a losing team by more then ten points . And a twenty point player is going to get less points with a lower class team . So if they where twenty plus point players unless they play with the big dogs of Louisville or Lexington . They will never win the one that matters S-w-e-e-t 16 at rupp . They better get use to the plows there on the ridge . Cause their stock will drop .
:ChairHit:dummies
Pages: 1 2 3