Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Junior Varsity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
tell me your thoughts
I voted no............(surprise surprise)
I voted "yes" because JV is so important to the Varsity. Why wouldn't you want to talk of it in any high school football forum? JV ball is the progression from Freshman ball to Varsity. I love it and enjoyed many games in my time... Big Grin
Yes, it is. This has already been discussed. JV players do get on here also. If they wish to discuss then they should be able to. Plus, when they hear about someone talking about them, that is a big ego-boost for them, makes them play better, and want to keep pursuing football.
i said yes because if ur JV is good then ur varsity (should) be good because the varisty practices with the JV and if the JV is good and plays hard the Varsity will play harder....so i voted yes
in practice yes it does matter but on here no
JV does not really matter, in fact isn't that players that was not good enough to play on varsity?
What the crap are you all talking about?? JV is for players who haven't played Varsity before and can learn the ropes and get more experience. JV is very important, whether on here or on the field.

On here because it gives the kids that maybe think they aren't good enough and morale boost, and makes them want to play harder and more.

On the field because they get more practice and real-game experience.

If you don't think JV matters you are blind. It helped me out when I was a freshman and half-way through my sophomore year it got me a job at Center. My senior year I got Honorable Mention All-State. Don't tell me JV doesn't matter.
ComfortEagle Wrote:What the crap are you all talking about?? JV is for players who haven't played Varsity before and can learn the ropes and get more experience. JV is very important, whether on here or on the field.

On here because it gives the kids that maybe think they aren't good enough and morale boost, and makes them want to play harder and more.

On the field because they get more practice and real-game experience.

If you don't think JV matters you are blind. It helped me out when I was a freshman and half-way through my sophomore year it got me a job at Center. My senior year I got Honorable Mention All-State. Don't tell me JV doesn't matter.

Couldn't have said it better. If you were on JV and got on here and read that what you do in practice and on the field didn't amount to nothing, it would probably make ya feel bad and want to quit. Well if everyone quit playing JV then we wouldn't even have Varsity, and what we did have would be like watching a JV game, because of the lack of actual playing time.
yeah i think it really does matter cause the freshmna and jv games is all they got for some kids and those that are good anuff to play varsity then it shouldnt matter to them..but its matters to the other players
blackcatfan Wrote:yeah i think it really does matter cause the freshmna and jv games is all they got for some kids and those that are good anuff to play varsity then it shouldnt matter to them..but its matters to the other players

i agree
I voted no but thats before i read the topic. But I agree it would help a kids moral if they read something about JV.
I think that JV is a real confidence booster for young kids, it helped me as a freshman and it was also alot of fun. If i hadn't played JV i wouldn't be half as good as I am now.
JV matters alot, some of you all may forget that they are the future starters, and JV helps them get ready for Varsity
JV is the future of High School Varsity Football...but who cares right now? Nobody cares about what happens during Monday Night JV games. We need to focus on Varsity, they are the only ones left playing in November anyways.
The JV players and their parents care. If you don't like JV don't post about it. It's as simple as that.
JV does matter. How does the Varsity get to those games in November? By practicing against a good JV team. The better the JV the better the Varsity.
I'm going to have to change my mind on what i said 4 days ago about JV! JV really lets kids get more practice for the varsity and it gives players a chance to play if they don't get to play in the varsity games!
JV matters because it shows you players that will be starting in the future thus telling you who will be good teams in following years