Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Restructer the current playoff System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The KHSAA needs to look at the current playoff system...the travel costs, fans in the stands, and how many games were competive across the commonwealth were competitive...

From a coaching standpoint many # 4 team coaches would address the respective teams yes we made the playoffs but we must travel a long distance and get hammered for the reward...

Where's the logic...:please:
I think the top three teams from each district should make the playoffs.. and the Top seed should get a bye in week 1 of the playoffs. This would eliminate the 1 vs 4 matchup.
Belfry_99 Wrote:I think the top three teams from each district should make the playoffs.. and the Top seed should get a bye in week 1 of the playoffs. This would eliminate the 1 vs 4 matchup.

why eliminate 4 seeds? a few beat those teams that should gets byes tonight.
NothingTrivial Wrote:why eliminate 4 seeds? a few beat those teams that should gets byes tonight.

But in most cases you have the four seed being a win less or a 1 win team, that's ridiculous to have a team like that make the playoffs. The playoffs are not for everybody, if we are going to let nearly everyone in the playoffs than what bearing does the regular season have.
Logical ...Just look at the costs of tonites games...the travel of the #4 team, the cost of the offical's crew, and the # of fans in the stands..
BondJamesBond Wrote:The KHSAA needs to look at the current playoff system...the travel costs, fans in the stands, and how many games were competive across the commonwealth were competitive...

From a coaching standpoint many # 4 team coaches would address the respective teams yes we made the playoffs but we must travel a long distance and get hammered for the reward...

Where's the logic...:please:

The KHSAA did NOT make this playoff structure!!!! Your Ahtletic Director DID! KHSAA does nothing. I go on my tirade again in an attempt to educate! KHSAA has nothing to do with rules, playoff systems, penalties! It is a board of Ahtletic directors who set the schedules and vote them into place - NOT the KHSAA!

So, for all that dislike the system, the rules, or anything else - don't put it on the KHSAA, contact your Athletic administration and tell them that they are fools!