Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lincoln County 28 Letcher County Central 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since nobody posted I thought I would.
Congrats LC, good luck next week with the Bears
I thought the Cougars would be able to squeak this one out.
Looks like it was close anyway.
Congrats to both teams and good luck to LC next week against da cubs.
So Lincoln gets a shot at Harlan Co, while PCC travels to SW
Good to see another District 7 team pick up a victory. Good job Pats!!!
Congrats to Lincoln County.
GetChili Wrote:Good to see another District 7 team pick up a victory. Good job Pats!!!

District 7 alittle better than some thought............Southwestern smacking Whitley around and Lincoln taking care of Letcher.
I knew this would be a close game but, I never imagined that Lincoln County would win!

Congrats Patriots!!
mountain_music Wrote:District 7 alittle better than some thought............Southwestern smacking Whitley around and Lincoln taking care of Letcher.

Oh No you didnt... Dont get the District 8 Sweep party people fired up. :flush:
LCC must be going down quick because Lincoln is not a very good team.
64black&gold Wrote:LCC must be going down quick because Lincoln is not a very good team.

Both of these teams need some CORRECTIONS in high levels. They both have potential to compete for the District and Regional every year. Its just what there systems wants.
LC has not been the same since French went to Boyle!
The Lincoln coach has said this whole time that things would change with this group of kids.

Coach French left because he knew that the group of kids the next year at Lincoln wasn't a winning team. You can't go to the play offs and then go 1 and 9 the next season. Doesn't look good on your resume. He had the chance to leave and took it. Can't blame him one bit.

One thing I have noticed about Lincoln this year.... don't count them out until the time runs out. Congrats on the win last night Pats!!
This is not about Boyle at all but coach French left because the administration did not support him at all. They have turned over the admin and are now supporting the team much more. They now have a weightlifting pe class. Didn't have it when Larry was there. They have a couple of more assistant coaches. Larry was told couldn't promise anything about getting more coaches. They are heading in the right direction. They have a very good head coach and he is building but the players returning did not even factor into the decision to leave.
LCC ends a disappointing year. good luck LC!
64black&gold Wrote:This is not about Boyle at all but coach French left because the administration did not support him at all. They have turned over the admin and are now supporting the team much more. They now have a weightlifting pe class. Didn't have it when Larry was there. They have a couple of more assistant coaches. Larry was told couldn't promise anything about getting more coaches. They are heading in the right direction. They have a very good head coach and he is building but the players returning did not even factor into the decision to leave.

Lincoln County had a lot of success with other teams before French. How did Phillips and Jaggers win there? They didnt have weight lifting during school either but they both took teams to the State Championship. They had good players just like they did when French won there. When they didnt have good players they didnt do as well just like French didnt. Larry left there because of not having players just like coaches do all the time.Boyle hasnt done as well because their players arent as good as the have been the last 2 years. It doesnt have anything to do with having weight lifting during school. Its a nice thing to have during school because players and coaches dont have to stay after school as long but if u give a coach a choice of good players or weight lifting during school we all know which one they would take.I know some coaches that prefer having it after school because they have the whole team in there lifting together and its a better environment.