Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: zeke pike lost scholarship??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alot of nasty rumors going around that he was suspended because he got a DUI & was caught with mary Jane.
-rumor has it he lost his scholarship to Auburn over it anyone know the truth.
still shows he's committed to Auburn on his Rivals Page
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Alot of nasty rumors going around that he was suspended because he got a DUI & was caught with mary Jane.
-rumor has it he lost his scholarship to Auburn over it anyone know the truth.

WLEX said tonight on friday night lights that he was suspended for tonights game for testing positive for synthetic marijauna.
Good lord guys, where are all the RUMORS coming from - PLEASE STOP!!!

This topic has been beat to DEATH for a week and then we get this!!!

No, he did NOT get a DUI! No, he DID NOT lose his scholarship to Auburn!

If we can post links, then let's not post RUMORS like this about a High School student!!!!
Who he play for
Why is this not closed yet?
toolaidback Wrote:WLEX said tonight on friday night lights that he was suspended for tonights game for testing positive for synthetic marijauna.

I heard the same thing. It was him & I believe 2 other players serving a 1 game suspension due to testing positive for synthetic marijuana. Also heard Auburn is not commenting b/c NCAA rule is u can't mention a recruits name
Pike will be at the Auburn/Florida game last I heard and from what I gathered that plan hasn't changed.

Pike is over 18 and while he is a high school student if he gets caught breaking the law it is an open records case that will have his name on it. It's old news that he and 2 other teammates are believed to have smoked synthetic marijuana before the Cooper game. It was brought to the attention of Dixie by Cooper. Dixie handled it how they felt they should. It may have been beat to death but when high profile recruits from Ky get in trouble, or at the very least show a pattern of getting into some kind of trouble, then it will get beat to death. Huge story but as of now the only consequences that Pike will face is not playing in the game tonight. His high school football career is over. Hopefully he can stay out of trouble and help out what should be a pretty good Dixie basketball team since it looks like he once again will not serve a severe punishment for his actions. Get your stuff together, Zeke. I don't want to see you fail.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Pike will be at the Auburn/Florida game last I heard and from what I gathered that plan hasn't changed.

Pike is over 18 and while he is a high school student if he gets caught breaking the law it is an open records case that will have his name on it. It's old news that he and 2 other teammates are believed to have smoked synthetic marijuana before the Cooper game. It was brought to the attention of Dixie by Cooper. Dixie handled it how they felt they should. It may have been beat to death but when high profile recruits from Ky get in trouble, or at the very least show a pattern of getting into some kind of trouble, then it will get beat to death. Huge story but as of now the only consequences that Pike will face is not playing in the game tonight. His high school football career is over. Hopefully he can stay out of trouble and help out what should be a pretty good Dixie basketball team since it looks like he once again will not serve a severe punishment for his actions. Get your stuff together, Zeke. I don't want to see you fail.

The authorities have not been involved in this at all.

As for who brought it to the attention of the Dixie Administration, it was a players parent! A call last Friday after the game to the school superintendent from his relative who has a son on the football team. A call was made to Spritzky, who had already heard about it from one of the Seniors on the team after everyone left the locker room.
I heard the authorities are 'aware' of the situation but no charges have been nor likely will be filed.

Your explanation makes the story of the players going to the coaches/administration saying 'do something or a large amount of us walk' have more credence.

Just an awful situation and I feel bad for the kids(seniors especially) on the field who lost to Lafayette tonight without 3 key players. Just an awful way to go out as a senior member of the football team. I hope things change for the better.
RebelPride12 Wrote:I heard the authorities are 'aware' of the situation but no charges have been nor likely will be filed.

Your explanation makes the story of the players going to the coaches/administration saying 'do something or a large amount of us walk' have more credence.

Just an awful situation and I feel bad for the kids(seniors especially) on the field who lost to Lafayette tonight without 3 key players. Just an awful way to go out as a senior member of the football team. I hope things change for the better.

Spritzky is actually a good guy, but this season has likely cost him his job. This team was loaded with challenging players that pushed accountability to the limit. It's the rest of the players on this squad who do not have their futures set that are truly the victims of this story.
Stardust Wrote:Spritzky is actually a good guy, but this season has likely cost him his job.

I don't know if it cost him his job because knowing Spritzky, I thought he was gonna hang it up after this season no matter what.

As for Pike, yes he's made several mistakes this year. I just hope he's learning something from this. I saw Jefferson throw his potential football career away after making several mistakes too. He didn't learn from those mistakes and now he's wearing orange and is known as a number. Whether Pike goes on to play or not, I just hope he learns something from all this.
lol, while its not the brightest idea in the world, its legal for persons over the age of 18.
As long as he didnt do it on school property, i dont see any laws being broke.
If a kid is 18 and in high school he can use tobacco off of school grounds.
I dont understand the problem...
Social Stigma.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, while its not the brightest idea in the world, its legal for persons over the age of 18.
As long as he didnt do it on school property, i dont see any laws being broke.
If a kid is 18 and in high school he can use tobacco off of school grounds.
I dont understand the problem...

1) It was on school property
2) It is NOT legal in the state of Kentucky at ANY age
http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/Mor...11198.html

More synthetic marijuana drug busts
Reporter - Jason Hibbs
Photojournalist - Terry Snell
Story Created: Aug 26, 2011 at 9:39 PM CDT
Story Updated: Aug 26, 2011 at 10:18 PM CDT
PADUCAH — Friday felt like déjà vu for a local police drug unit. They seized thousands of dollars in synthetic marijuana from three convenience stores.
You may remember last year, Kentucky banned the sale and use of synthetic marijuana or so called "K-2," but this stuff isn't called K-2.
Each and every package must be sent to a lab for testing but police say they're certian most of it will come back illegal. Then comes the prosecution. The war on synthetic marijuana is proving tougher than the war on the real thing.
The labels clearly say "not intended for human consumption" but Sergeant William Gilbert with Paducah Police knows better.
"Hydro, 420, kush, those are all street terms in referencing marijuana," Gilbert said.
This is a slightly different form of the same stuff that police have confiscated before and it's certianly not incense.
"Normal incense is sold on a stick, maybe a dollar for five or something like that," Gilbert said.
This product is sold in grams and one small package will cost you $30 to $70.
Friday, Paducah Police busted not one, not two, but three Paducah stores selling synthetic marijuana. At one store, which also features adult items, police arrested 25-year-old Shane Myers, who they say was high and had his pockets full of synthetic marijuana
If only marijuana was legal...
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:If only marijuana was legal...

Still seems it would be a dumb move to smoke a mind altering substance before a game. Probably wouldn't have helped him play his best and lead his team.
This crap is rampant in KY. Kids mistakenly think it is legal and some even think it is safe. Neither are true at all. I pray Zeke and every other athlete that is playing with this lit stick of dynamite gets smart real quick.

It is a shame to see those gifted with such amazing talent taking such a destructive path. The truth is "to whom much is given much is required". But unfortunately, all too often to whom much is given much is wasted.
Stardust Wrote:1) It was on school property
2) It is NOT legal in the state of Kentucky at ANY age

My mistake.
From reading, i thought it was.
I never seen the stuff even when it was in stores...
These words came from pikes dad according to a close friend of his. "Auburn called Zeke and said forget that dinky town in a no good football state, you're still welcome here"
Though I doubt Mark would say that, it is pretty funny Wink
^
And feel free to pick yourself up a couple of laptops along the way.
Iloveyou Wrote:These words came from pikes dad according to a close friend of his. "Auburn called Zeke and said forget that dinky town in a no good football state, you're still welcome here"
Kinda makes you want to root for Auburn don't it?:dontthink
^ LOL, I'm pretty confident that no one from Auburn said that though
Heck...I've never even HEARD of the stuff. I'm gonna have to get out more and see the world one of these days I suppose. Worst thing I've seen lately as far as dope goes is that little bottle of "five hour energy" drink stuff that the kids pop at work.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:If only marijuana was legal...

Election day is Tuesday. Vote for Gatewood for Guv. I don't believe in dope...but I don't like the other two birds running either and Gatewood is probably the least likely to screw things up more than they are.
papagrit Wrote:Heck...I've never even HEARD of the stuff. I'm gonna have to get out more and see the world one of these days I suppose. Worst thing I've seen lately as far as dope goes is that little bottle of "five hour energy" drink stuff that the kids pop at work.

Guilty as charged, but I'm far from being a kid Wink
Stardust Wrote:Guilty as charged, but I'm far from being a kid Wink

LOL...no offense intended...I was just saying that I guess I live in a bubble anymore. I've not seen anything illegal as far as drugs go since I was in college which was more than twenty years ago. I saw coke once and had to get someone close to me to explain to me what a "dime bag" was back then. I remember asking if it cost ten bucks is why they called it a dime bag. That got some hoots and "I wish"es.:biggrin:
Pages: 1 2