Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 34 Dorton 26: Pike County Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For Pikeville:

S. Nunemaker 12 points
E. Thacker 12 points
S. Webb 4 points
K. Caudill 2 points
K. Stone 2 points
D. Ratliff 2 points

For Dorton:

Savannah Belcher 15 points, 3 steals
Destiny Anderson 5 points, 5 rebounds, 3 blocks
Ashley Akers 2 points, 10 rebounds
Cassidi Wright 2 points, 2 steals
Kyleigh Tackett 2 points, 5 steals
Haley Gullett 1 steal

*Congrats to the Lady Panthers on the win. They played excellent defense tonight. Congratulations to Coach Prater. You guys are lucky to have a great coach who is also a great person.

*I would like to thank our team for the great season. Our three 8th graders meant a lot to the team and they will be missed next season. Hopefully the younger girls will work hard to get back to this game again next year.
Tough loss Coach but your youth showed a little tonight. Your girls had a heck of a season to be so young.
new o Wrote:Tough loss Coach but your youth showed a little tonight. Your girls had a heck of a season to be so young.

Yes it did. We were afraid that would happen, and it did. Pikeville played great defense tonight. You guys had a great game tonight. Very impressed with how they played.
Congrats to Coach Prater and the Lady Panthers. Glad to see Pikeville finally get the crown. Also congrats to coach Davis and the Lady Wildcats on a very good year. Nice crowd tonight and Coach Rowe ran a great tournament as usual.
Thanks Coach Davis!! It was another great battle between two very deserving teams...I have the utmost respect for you and your program...When I first started to coach, my goal was to have a program like yours because you do it the right way...I hope this will help get us started to reach that goal...Dorton is blessed to have a coach like you, as well as, your wife...You two are great role models for these young girls...Good luck during your upcoming boys season...Again, thanks for your kind words. It really means a lot coming from a coach who I have a lot of respect for.
coachporter Wrote:Congrats to Coach Prater and the Lady Panthers. Glad to see Pikeville finally get the crown. Also congrats to coach Davis and the Lady Wildcats on a very good year. Nice crowd tonight and Coach Rowe ran a great tournament as usual.

Thanks so much coach porter...The girls deserved the win because they worked hard all night and never gave in throughout the tourney...Dorton is a great program with an even better coach...It was a very intense game as usual between these two teams, and the atmosphere was even better...
A great night of basketball!!