Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Texas family court judge beats daughter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Warning: Explicit language and violence.

[YOUTUBE="Judge Beats Handicapped Daughter"]Wl9y3SIPt7o[/YOUTUBE]

Quote:Dad caught on video beating daughter 'needs help'

PORTLAND, Texas (AP) — Hillary Adams says that until last week, only a couple of close friends knew about the savage beating she received seven years ago from her father, a Texas judge who handles child abuse cases.
Now the beating is on display to the world on YouTube thanks to a secret video she made, and her father, Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, is the subject of a police investigation.
Hillary Adams, 23, says the outpouring of support and encouragement she's received since posting the 2004 video online last week is tempered by the sadness that it's her father lashing her 17 times with a belt and threatening to beat her "into submission." The 8-minute video had been watched nearly 2 million times by Thursday morning.
"I'm experiencing some regret because I just pulled the covers off my own father's misbehavior after so many people thought he was such a good person. ... But so many people are also telling me I did the right thing," she told The Associated Press outside her mother's home in the Gulf Coast town of Portland, near Corpus Christi.
"He's supposed to be a judge who exercises fit judgment," she said.
And she said the videoed attack was not a one-off. "It did happen regularly for a period of time," she told NBC's "Today" show on Thursday.
In the same interview, Hallie Adams blamed her ex-husband's bouts of violence on his "addiction," calling it a "family secret." She did not elaborate. Their 22-year marriage ended in 2007.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/arti...956d3d035b
I caught a bit of this on the news last night, but not enough to get the details.

I'm glad a camera was not on every corner when i was growing up. Belts, swtiches, bare hands were all around back then, and no one that I know of was so emotionally scarred that they could not function in life....

But now, you can't do this and expect to not have it make national news....
Stardust Wrote:I caught a bit of this on the news last night, but not enough to get the details.

I'm glad a camera was not on every corner when i was growing up. Belts, swtiches, bare hands were all around back then, and no one that I know of was so emotionally scarred that they could not function in life....

But now, you can't do this and expect to not have it make national news....
I have been whipped by belt also, but not to this extent. It must have been an ongoing thing with him, for her to set a camera up. She is also handicapped with some kind of cerebral palsy.
I have no problem with physical discipline, but with a handicapped child, you have to do something different. No excuse for this.
I got spanked as a kid, but this dude crossed the line. I also think 16 is too old for spankings...I would have screwed around and caused trouble regardless.
Most of us, especially those a little older, have had spankings. My mom used to make me go break off my own switch!!

This; however, is NO spanking. This man didn't pop his handicapped daughter on the butt to get her attention. This is a clear venting of his frustration and anger. He hit her because HE was pissed.....nothing more. What "good" did this do for her?? He hit this child until his anger was spent.....and it makes me SICK.

The fact that he is a judge in child abuse cases just proves what a JOKE justice really is. There is, for the most part, NO justice in our court system. No matter what the charge or the guilt or innocense....if you "know" the right person or have the money........well we all know how THAT goes.

Money talks...BS walks.

I hope someone renders the judge as helpless as his daughter was, makes him turn over on his belly and serves him up with a belt.

Damn coward!!
I agree with busting a kids ass, but this is more along the lines of abuse. I agree with Granny Bear above.
I got my ass busted many times with a belt.
But this dousche bag just took it to a whole new level.

I would give ANYTHING to tie this guy up and take a whip to his bare back 400 times until he fell over dead.
I agree with spanking, dont get me wrong, its something every parent should have the right to do, but not 17 times to a girl. Thats also the first time ive ever seen a mother set there and let that happen to a daughter as well.
Thats just ridicolous.....
I don't know she did. I k ownwhat she says she did but judging from what he was saying it was an ongoing battle. With computer and technology I can almost sympathize. I have had some spanking that others would call a savage beating. And I've even thought about turning my parents into social services when I was younger. The spankings made me hate my dad. Until the day I decided to hit back. And that was the worst I ever felt in my life.
I'm not saying he was right in his method of discipline but I turned out ok.

But this guy should have cooled down a bit before dishing out the punishment. And the mom should also be ridiculed some too. She seemed to be egging it on a bit too.

I want to ask though. If she was a bit of a trouble maker and she got spanked regularly, would this be enough to classify as child abuse, if it was momental loss of control?? Let's say his other "beatings" were no more than the rest o us have ever gotten.
As I stated above I have no problems with spanking, but with a child in THIS physical state, is there not some other way?

I cannot say that I know, but if I had a child in this physical condition, I would like to think that I would not spank them, beat them with a belt, or wear their legs out with a switch. Would I be playing favorites, no, there is just some common sense involved.
I believe in corporal punishment and have been whipped plenty, but this crossed the line to abuse.
I agree that this guy went overboard with this punishment. He should have stopped after the first series of thrashes.

What I am asking is does this case alone make him a complete child abuser the way the media is playing this out???
This isnt disciplining a child people. If anyone on Earth believes in teaching children the right thing to do, it is me. I wish death upon this guys soul. He deserves the most cruel beating imaginable. And I wish I could be the one to give it to him. He is nothing more than a PIECE OF SHIT!
This guy needs the absolute hell beat out of him. There's no excuse for that. All of that over putting a game on her computer. I got my ass whipped growin up, whether it be switches, belt, or hand, but NOTHING even remotely close to that. Her friends that knew of this should have spoken up to somebody. I feel for this girl. The sad part is is that this goes on everyday all over the world, we just dont see it happening.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I agree that this guy went overboard with this punishment. He should have stopped after the first series of thrashes.

What I am asking is does this case alone make him a complete child abuser the way the media is playing this out???
This girl was handicapped. This bitch judge should have his head sawed off. The media could plaster whatever they wanted on the front page.
Finally watched it today. This guys is a control loving PRICK!!!! His wife is no better. If she didn't agree with it and was scared. All she had to do was load the kids up one day while he was out and take off. I got my ass flat worn out when I was younger, and I deserved it. But, I was whipped to a certain point and then it was over. They didn't come back for seconds! You wanna punish a 16 yr old today? Take her computer, cell phone or house phone. That hurts more than any belt can now days!
As I understand it, and I wish I had never watched the video, this girl was doing home bound schooling; at least for a short time. She had been instructed to do nothing but homework on the computer and he had found evidence that she was communicating with friends and had even assessed other networking sites, i.e. facebook, twitter etc.

The mother is just as much to blame in a way. She supported this beating and took a swipe or two herself. I would've taken a baseball bat to this SOB. This happened in 2004, I believe, and she divorced him in 2007.

What really kicks my gut is, this man's job...career...calling in life, was to protect children who were being abused!! Does this not strike anyone else as the pinnacle of hypocracy??
I'm not talking about hypocrite in the way that someone tries to image themselves as "better" than everybody else. This guy made his living, paid his bills, provided food and shelter by putting guys in jail that were doing exactly the same (maybe even less) than he was doing..regularly.

I don't know...I just need to let this go, but it haunts me.

TheRealVille warned me, and I should've listened.
Granny Bear Wrote:As I understand it, and I wish I had never watched the video, this girl was doing home bound schooling; at least for a short time. She had been instructed to do nothing but homework on the computer and he had found evidence that she was communicating with friends and had even assessed other networking sites, i.e. facebook, twitter etc.

The mother is just as much to blame in a way. She supported this beating and took a swipe or two herself. I would've taken a baseball bat to this SOB. This happened in 2004, I believe, and she divorced him in 2007.

What really kicks my gut is, this man's job...career...calling in life, was to protect children who were being abused!! Does this not strike anyone else as the pinnacle of hypocracy??
I'm not talking about hypocrite in the way that someone tries to image themselves as "better" than everybody else. This guy made his living, paid his bills, provided food and shelter by putting guys in jail that were doing exactly the same (maybe even less) than he was doing..regularly.

I don't know...I just need to let this go, but it haunts me.

TheRealVille warned me, and I should've listened.
He is an animal that doesn't deserve to take up our air.
My Mom used to whip me with the flat side of a butcher knife all the time, but dang, this guy was out of control.
This jerk is on paid leave...
At least he's being investigated.

I'm too computer illiterate to post a link, but check it out on foxnews.com