Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who were the best members of the Four Horsemen....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...outside of Flair and AA????

Blanchard

Pillman

Benoit

Curt Henning

Melinko

Olie

Stardust, your recent sig pic brought back sweet memories. Thanks man!!!!
The original Horsemen were probably my favorite.

Flair/Arn/Oli/Blanchard & JJ Dillion
Malenko and Benoit are two of my favorite wrestlers of all-time, so I have to go with them.
Agreed neerfan, defintely Flair and AA, then to compliment AA, you have to add Tully. I was never an Ole fan, so that's where it makes it tough for me. I'd probably go with Barry Windham since he fits the team concept better. Luger and Sid were too self-centered to allow the team to center around Flair. It was fun when Sting was part of the group, but the Four Horsemen are about heels, so I did not like the fit. I absolutely despised Mongo when he was on his own, but I actually thought that the Four Horsemen helped him. If not for the psycho Debra, Mongo may have been able to continue on with his career.
Tully was my favorite, then Flair. I didn't like either Anerson, but I like the first group collectively better than any other.
How about Lex, he was a Horseman for a while around 87-88. I always loved the tourture rack.

Flair
Arn
Tully
Benoit, Dean or Lex

Couldn't stand Barry or Mongo
Wooooooo!!!!!!!
I liked Flair, Anderson, Blanchard and Windham. I am an Ole Anderson fan but he was a little older than the rest of the guys and didn't quite fit the partying, better than you image that the Horsemen portrayed. I much preferred Ole and Gene Anderson as the Minnesota Wrecking Crew or, even, Ole and Arn.
^ Ole and Gene were tremendous and set a stage for tag-team wrestling that I am shocked is still not done today. The idea of working on a single body part and breaking it down, which ultimately causes the opposition for fold is a perfect recipe for wrestling. Today we need high flying and lots of action, but I truly believe the style that the Anderson's perfected could work
On a side note, I always thought that the Horsemen should have been the group that finally did away with the NWO. It would have made perfect sense. In my opinion, aside from horrible leadership, the fact that the NWO never got what was coming to them went a long way towards killing the company. I have a whole long diatribe on that, but I'll save it for now.