Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (Spoilers) WWE Smackdown Taping Results For 11/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Smackdown:

*Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes in an awesome Street Fight following a hanging DDT on the outside off the barricade to the floor and then an RKO inside the ring. This was a great brawl through the crowd with Rhodes' mask being used as a weapon. Orton bagged Rhodes after.

*Ted DiBiase defeated Tyson Kidd.

*World champion Mark Henry was interviewed backstage. He began bullying Daniel Bryan, mocking his Money In The Bank briefcase, saying Bryan could never beat him. He challenged Bryan to wrestle him tonight and Bryan accepted.

*Alicia Fox pinned Natalya.

*Big Show comes out and says he's going to knock out Mark Henry once for every week of Dmackdown where their business goes unfinished. Christian comes out and says Show had his chance and failed. He insults the South (Show is originally from Aiken, SC). Show acts like he was going to KO Christian, then promises he won't. Instead he chokeslams him and leaves him laying.

*Sheamus comes out for his scheduled match against Christian but he's out from the chokeslam. Wade Barrett comes out and offers to replace him and they ring the bell.

*Barrett pinned Sheamus with a roll up after Christian distracted him. Christian was outside from the chokeslam the entire bout. Sheamus tries to get Barrett after the bout but Christian spears him.

*After a break, we see Sheamus brawling backstage with Christian and Barrett until they are all separated by security.

*Backstage, Big Show tells Daniel Bryan to take special care of his briefcase, because Show will be in his corner tonight against Mark Henry.

*Sin Cara vs. the debuting Epico from WWE developmental. Hunico interferes and they double team Cara. They nailed a double team move but messed it up and did it again. That'll be edited.

*World champion Mark Henry defeated Daniel Bryan by DQ when Big Show interfered and knocked out Henry. Bryan acts like he might cash in but is nailed by Henry and hit with the World's Strongest Slam. Henry nailed Show with the briefcase. No cashing in.

*Afterward, Teddy Long announced Show vs. Henry for Survivor Series and we end with a staredown.
Sounds solid.

Orton/Rhodes sounded like a good match, would have liked to seen Rhodes get the W tho.
^ I'm just curious to know where they are going with Rhodes. They keep pushing him, but never give him the big win to put him over
They don't need to give him the big win. Randy Orton is a legend, Rhodes is a joke - sorry but it's true.
^ You give guys wins over legends in order to make them legitimate. Otherwise, you have 2-3 players and everyone else is a nobody. It would get pretty boring seeing Randy Orton battle John Cena for the next five years and no one else.... You give Rhodes the win in order for people to actually believe he can compete with any other top name. Once people believe he can compete with the rest of the top names, he then becomes a top name! And when Randy Orton gets injured, does a movie or takes a break, you have a fresh face to step in and keep the show going.....
^ You give guys wins over legends in order to make them legitimate. Otherwise, you have 2-3 players and everyone else is a nobody. It would get pretty boring seeing Randy Orton battle John Cena for the next five years and no one else.... You give Rhodes the win in order for people to actually believe he can compete with any other top name. Once people believe he can compete with the rest of the top names, he then becomes a top name! And when Randy Orton gets injured, does a movie or takes a break, you have a fresh face to step in and keep the show going.....
I think it would be in WWE's best interest to let Rhodes settle in for a few more years, buff up a little more. Seeing is believing, and when I see Rhodes who looks like hes 100 pounds soak and wet - I feel like I should be in there wrestling. Let's face it - to be a WWE champ and keep the belt you have to have charisma, BIG, and know what you're doing. I don't think Rhodes is qualified in any of those categories. If WWE wants to make him champ, I need to call them and tell them to make me champ then cause he's terrible - and he's not ready.
^I like parts of Cody Rhodes, but there is something to say about his in-ring ability. What style does he have? He seems like the stomp, punch, kick, dropkick, ultimate heel moves. However, he needs a few more moves and at least 1 series. Trust me, the easiest way to memorize a ton of moves (some wrestlers prefer to memorize entire matches, I was never able to, it is why I worked better with series-wrestlers and ones knowledgeable enough to be spontaneous without getting each other hurt) is through series wrestling.

What is series-wrestling? I'm sure you know it without consciously knowing it. What does John Cena do in EVERY match? Hit the ropes, flying shoulder, Hit the ropes, flying shoulder, bulldog, 5-knuckle-shuffle, and the AA. It is boring sometimes, but it certainly helps in the ring. Every wrestler has it, but not everyone's is that robotic.

Other times, VERY boring wrestlers like Randy Orton (he doesn't do it as much anymore, thankfully) used to have 3-7 minutes of ground-level submissions where their faces are close together. Anyone have a guess as to why? I'm sure you do and it is probably right. That is not always the case, but most of the time it is.

Cody truly needs a style, however, if he remains a super-heel forever, it may not be needed. How many moves and how boring was Hollywood Hogan in the ring? Many times there would be 3-5 minutes of wrestling, Hogan would do something behind the refs back, he would beat them with his belt or choke them with the camera cable, the opponent would spring back, then the nWo would interfere. Am I right or am I wrong, lol. Heels do not need as many moves or sets as a face does, IMO.
One thing that I dont understand is Mark Henry is a veteran of the WWE, far past his prime and now all of a sudden he is unbeatable, wtf
Redneck Wrote:One thing that I dont understand is Mark Henry is a veteran of the WWE, far past his prime and now all of a sudden he is unbeatable, wtf

He's deserved his push, and he has been awesome doing so.
I think he was referring to the believability of it, not the deservedness.
LWC Wrote:^I like parts of Cody Rhodes, but there is something to say about his in-ring ability. What style does he have? He seems like the stomp, punch, kick, dropkick, ultimate heel moves. However, he needs a few more moves and at least 1 series. Trust me, the easiest way to memorize a ton of moves (some wrestlers prefer to memorize entire matches, I was never able to, it is why I worked better with series-wrestlers and ones knowledgeable enough to be spontaneous without getting each other hurt) is through series wrestling.

What is series-wrestling? I'm sure you know it without consciously knowing it. What does John Cena do in EVERY match? Hit the ropes, flying shoulder, Hit the ropes, flying shoulder, bulldog, 5-knuckle-shuffle, and the AA. It is boring sometimes, but it certainly helps in the ring. Every wrestler has it, but not everyone's is that robotic.

Other times, VERY boring wrestlers like Randy Orton (he doesn't do it as much anymore, thankfully) used to have 3-7 minutes of ground-level submissions where their faces are close together. Anyone have a guess as to why? I'm sure you do and it is probably right. That is not always the case, but most of the time it is.

Cody truly needs a style, however, if he remains a super-heel forever, it may not be needed. How many moves and how boring was Hollywood Hogan in the ring? Many times there would be 3-5 minutes of wrestling, Hogan would do something behind the refs back, he would beat them with his belt or choke them with the camera cable, the opponent would spring back, then the nWo would interfere. Am I right or am I wrong, lol. Heels do not need as many moves or sets as a face does, IMO.

This is what I think of your opinion..... :lolrage: j/k j/k Big Grin