Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southern Pulaski 46 Johnson County 12 7th Grade State Finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i agree that the johnson co. fans have been courteous and respectful in all their posts...and i also agree that hold backs are and have always been a part of sports remember when the g.i.s came home from war and were allowed to resume college sports ...can you picture a college freshman going up against a MAN who had been to war seen othermen killed(maybe even killed some themselves)...big difference in maturity there....my point is, god given abilities ,,academics and maturity all figure in a players development ..
As a parent of 7th grade soon to be 14 yr old young man
I will never understand why parents start their sons in school
Early or at the "normal" age. It was a no brainer for me.
I have yet to hear a coherant argument otherwise. The khsaa
Allows for kids to turn 19 on or after aug 1 of their senior year
Why would i take that extra year away from him and send
Him to college earlier than i have to. Please explain that to me. Even
If you leave athletics out of it - it still makes sense to start them
As late as you can.
THOMCAT Wrote:We have accepted it coach. If you could see the Facebook post by our coaches, players, parents and administrators you would see that none are complaining. They are complimenting S. Pulaski as being the superior team and being proud of the accomplishments of our team. The one that is complaining is Dillon who has posted in 6 of the first 20 comments on this thread and in his 4th post admitted that he is not a JC fan.
My bad then, I thought it was JC fans complaining. Congrats on a great season Thomcat.
RGE Hazard Bulldogs would like to congratulate Scott and his staff and team. Way to represent the Big Sandy MS Football Conference!
To answer one of the questions about why do parents start their kids so young in school? One reason is a new parent usually thinks that "little Johnny" is sooo smart that he should be in school, another reason is that school is a free baby sitter and maybe another is "little Johnny needs to make friends. As a parent I was not thinking about how young my son would be when he graduated, I was trying to do what was best for him at the time. When I woke up and realized my son was going to be 17 when he graduated, I was sick. This world is a bad place and I would much rather send him off to college or the job market (1) yr older. I also enjoy my son and his friends and am thrilled that he gets to be under my roof (1) more year. After seeing what goes on in the high schools these days, I didn't want my 14 year old being exposed to that yet. I have talked with alot of parents over the years that held their child back and no one regretted it, not the parent or the child. The only regret I hear is from my older son's 17 year old senior friends who wish they had (1) more year. With tears they will say, (1) more year to get a better ACT score, (1) more year to play sports, (1) more year to eat mom's cooking, (1) more year to decide what I want to do with my life....you get the picture. It's not all about sports, it's about making the best decision for your child at the time. Let's just agree to disagree and since I am not bad mouthing you about NOT holding your child back then you should not be giving parents grief who do. P.S. When my 19 year old senior plays your 17 year old senior in football, basketball, track, golf, baseball, or tennis, watch out because most moms know that there is a heck alot of difference in a 17 year old boy and a 19 year old boy!
I think all players should be able to be held back but many counties will not allow it so I say yes if you have more than a couple of holdback players we should compete in a different division otherwise it would be like the the only reason we was doing it was to be older and more mature than other teams so we could win and our kids would artificially look better instead of doing to insure the child's maturity so yes I am in favor of a different division otherwise why would we care if union draws from 4000 students or not.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Birth Certificates are always provided for the state tournament and for 7th grade kids cant turn 14 before august first so I assure you there was no 15 year olds playing in this game. There are always going to be big kids, so just get over it.

i had a step son serval yrs back that played for Belfry 7th grade and everywhere we went they wanted to weight him,because they didnt want him to play because they couldnt catch him,he was just tall and fast for his age...
Again... What if you start your child a year later and he is not a "hold back", yet is still older than others in the class? What division do you put those kids into? What if you have 2-3 kids who just grow faster than the others in their grade, yet are the same age as others in their grade? What division do you put them in? Where does it stop? Do we create a division for every age group, broken down by month? The KHSAA has an age limit for players, the same one used by the KYMSFA. Hold back or not, if a player is legal age to play why the uproar?
[QUOTE=Just a Mom; Let's just agree to disagree and since I am not bad mouthing you about NOT holding your child back then you should not be giving parents grief who do. P.S. When my 19 year old senior plays your 17 year old senior in football, basketball, track, golf, baseball, or tennis, watch out because most moms know that there is a heck alot of difference in a 17 year old boy and a 19 year old boy![/QUOTE]
@just a mom - i think your post was directed towards me. I believe you have
Misunderstood my comments. :HitWall:I am PRO Holdback. I think starting boys late is the only sane thing to do. However holding them back after the fact is the next best thing. You are preaching to the choir with me Mom. When your 19 yr old senior son takes the field or court i'll be the one applauding you.:Clap:
Congratulations Southern Warriors on your 7th grade State Championship!

I know all our kids gave a great effort all season long. Good job boys!

I would also like to say "good job" to all the teams/boys that made it to the state tournament. :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
Pages: 1 2