Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Ind. vs Berea 11/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Harlan (5-4) takes on Berea (4-6) at Harlan's Joe Gilley Sports Complex. The Dragon's have played a tough schedule and have taken some lumps as a result. One bright spot is that they have finally gotten their team back together after being plagued with injuries the second half of the season. Berea comes into the playoffs as the third place team in district 5. Three weeks ago they took Williamsburg into overtime and lost a tough battle. Now they would like to get back to Williamsburg to settle the score but they have to get by the Dragon's first. The Green Dragon's,on the other hand,want to make it back to a rematch against the Hazard Bulldog's for the region championship. Who wins this matchup and why?
The Berea Pirates are a much improved team from year's past. They took Williamsburg to Overtime and have some really nice wins in 2011.

Again, Harlan has been a little inconsistent this year, but in Coach Donahue's defense, perhaps no team in Kentucky has been hurt by injuries more than Harlan.

I still keep going back to the magical Middlesboro game earlier in the year, and I think that Harlan team shows up in the playoffs and makes it back to the Regional Finals against Hazard.

For now, I'll take the Dragons in this one 36-12.
UKFan8 Wrote:The Berea Pirates are a much improved team from year's past. They took Williamsburg to Overtime and have some really nice wins in 2011.

Again, Harlan has been a little inconsistent this year, but in Coach Donahue's defense, perhaps no team in Kentucky has been hurt by injuries more than Harlan.

I still keep going back to the magical Middlesboro game earlier in the year, and I think that Harlan team shows up in the playoffs and makes it back to the Regional Finals against Hazard.

For now, I'll take the Dragons in this one 36-12.

I agree with all you've said.
Harlan - 31
Berea - 17
The kickoff for this game is slated for 8pm instead of 7:30. The Dragon walk thru downtown to the field begins at 5:30. Go Big Green!!!!
.............Common Opponents
Harlan Berea
41 - 22........Williamsburg........14 - 20
41 - 12........Lynn Camp..........30 - 13
82 - 34.................................44 - 33
..............margin

MY projection based on FREEMAN computer ratings
Rating..State Rank...Class Rank.......Team Name
-5.6..........136...........8(1A).........Harlan
-32.1..........207........25(1A).........Berea
Point spread Harlan by 26
Harlan Probability of Victory 91.9881657

Looks like Harlan strongly favored by computer rankings
don't always indicate the effect of injuries
May be closer but Harlan should prevail
So how funny would it be fore a team from another state to win the KY championship....
Stardust Wrote:So how funny would it be fore a team from another state to win the KY championship....
What a card you know those Ind schools are private schools:biggrin:

(all though I thought the same thing)
^ So they should be playing in Kentucy's "Private School" division.... Wink
Harlan by 3 tds. Harlan will get there rematch with hazard as they green dragons will come to hazard as they beat williamsburg and let hazard have 4 home games in this years playoffs.
Stardust Wrote:^ So they should be playing in Kentucy's "Private School" division.... Wink
yea but only if they pay "tuition"
nky Wrote:yea but only if they pay "tuition"

Or some of the alumn's could pay it for us and maybe give our parents an apartment in town and maybe a job. Then we'd fit right in:biggrin:
I'll take Harlan by 2 TD's
Harlan 28-0.