Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 28 Harlan 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Is this an improvement game for Corbin or was Harlin overmatched?
Stardust Wrote:Is this an improvement game for Corbin or was Harlin overmatched?
I don't think Harlan was over matched. Corbin was able to find a hole in our defensive front and they exploited it. I would say that #19 for the Redhounds had 200 YD's rushing through that same hole tonight. Also in the first half Corbin did a pretty good job holding Harlan's passing game down. Harlan was still in it at the half at 7-0 Corbin. Harlan seems to want to live and die with the onsides kick and tonight they died by it. Gotta give it to Corbin,they stuck to thier gameplan and came out victorious. Good luck to them in the playoffs. If their was a bright spot for the Dragons tonight it was Ty Saragas setting the record for most TD passes in a season for Harlan at 27 I think. Good job Ty!!! Now we have to get ready for Berea next week in the playoffs.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I don't think Harlan was over matched. Corbin was able to find a hole in our defensive front and they exploited it. I would say that #19 for the Redhounds had 200 YD's rushing through that same hole tonight. Also in the first half Corbin did a pretty good job holding Harlan's passing game down. Harlan was still in it at the half at 7-0 Corbin. Harlan seems to want to live and die with the onsides kick and tonight they died by it. Gotta give it to Corbin,they stuck to thier gameplan and came out victorious. Good luck to them in the playoffs. If their was a bright spot for the Dragons tonight it was Ty Saragas setting the record for most TD passes in a season for Harlan at 27 I think. Good job Ty!!! Now we have to get ready for Berea next week in the playoffs.

I take that back. The Foley kid #19 for Corbin had 360+ YD's. The Dragons had no answer for him.
I know Harlan likes to pass, and Saragas is a great qb, so I was a bit worried about the weather being a factor in the game. I was hoping the Dragons would win this one.
Blue_Blinker Wrote:I know Harlan likes to pass, and Saragas is a great qb, so I was a bit worried about the weather being a factor in the game. I was hoping the Dragons would win this one.

Saragas hurt his throwing hand and had to tape his fingers up. As a result he couldn't grip the ball. It severely affected his game. So goes Saragas,so goes the Dragons.
Really thought Harlan would pull this one out. Saragas' record...excellent. They had two starters back tonight, Dalton Overbay and Demarcus Williams. They will have their feet back under them soon..Playoffs will be interesting. Anyone know anything about Berea?
Blue_Blinker Wrote:I know Harlan likes to pass, and Saragas is a great qb, so I was a bit worried about the weather being a factor in the game. I was hoping the Dragons would win this one.

I totally agree! In fact I thought Harlan would win by 7+.
Corbin was too strong in the trenches for Harlan, rushing for close to 400 yards while holding Harlan to 59 rushing and 143 total yards. I think that Harlan could make a good run in the playoffs if their QB is not hurt too badly, although Berea is a dangerous team if that is who the Green Dragons face in the first round.
congrats corbin