Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Co 47 - Adair Co 0 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Russell Co finishes the regular season 9-1
Russell Co started off a bit slow on offense, but managed to put 14 on the board in the first. In the 2nd, the Lakers put the defensive pressure and finished this one scoring 27 points to make it 41-0 at the half. Then 31 seconds into the 3rd scored their final touchdown, and put the 3rd string guys in.

Nick Britt 11 Carries for 165 Yards (I think he had 4TD)
Evan Fletcher had 150 yards or so (I think 2 TD)
Bardon man threw 4 out 6 for 119 yards and 2 TD

On Defense Mason Short was named player of the game with 8 tackles and 3 sacks.

Congrats Lakers!
Congrats Lakers! I'm pulling for you all in the playoffs. Best of luck!
laker20 Wrote:Russell Co started off a bit slow on offense, but managed to put 14 on the board in the first. In the 2nd, the Lakers put the defensive pressure and finished this one scoring 27 points to make it 41-0 at the half. Then 31 seconds into the 3rd scored their final touchdown, and put the 3rd string guys in.

Nick Britt 11 Carries for 165 Yards (I think he had 4TD)
Evan Fletcher had 150 yards or so (I think 2 TD)
Bardon man threw 4 out 6 for 119 yards and 2 TD

On Defense Mason Short was named player of the game with 8 tackles and 3 sacks.

Congrats Lakers!
How many yards total rushing. Those are big numbers just from those two
That was just about it. Both were 1st half only, everyone was pulled with 11:39 remaining in the 3rd once the score hit 47. Britt had another 60-yard TD called back, and our 3rd string back had a 50+ yard TD called back in the 4th.
Good final game for the Lakers! A lot of guys saw playing time! Good to see some seniors who haven't played much get on the field in the first half. Lakers finished the regular season averaging over 41 points a game, our defense had four shut outs, and were a play away from an undefeated regular season! We own a share of the district title and will host our first playoff game in a decade! Not a bad year!! It is not over yet either.....I really believe these boys have a run in them!!!! We may have to run the guantlet of LexCath, Boyle, Highlands...etc...But these guys wont back down from the challenge! Proud of my Lakers!