Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cooper 35, Dixie Heights 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
OMG - Are you serious>>>>
Congrats Cooper
Looking back, Dixie was picked #6 in State preseason
Cooper is an up and coming program. In the next few years they will make a run deep in the playoffs
nky Wrote:Cooper is an up and coming program. In the next few years they will make a run deep in the playoffs

Maybe so, but this without is the worse Dixie team of the 2000's.
nptb17 Wrote:Maybe so, but this without is the worse Dixie team of the 2000's.
True but of the Boone County schools Cooper across the board will make a bigger splash in Athletics:truestory:
nky Wrote:True but of the Boone County schools Cooper across the board will make a bigger splash in Athletics:truestory:

I've said it since the Cooper/CCHS game, the jags would be the 6A District champs this year in NKY!
10/28/2011

Cooper 35

Dixie Heights 14

Dixie Heights

Cooper

Scoring summary:

C--Tyler Morris 3 run (Michael Hollifield kick); D--Seth Bruns 52 pass from Zeke Pike (Brandon Carr kick); C--Morris 30 run (Hollifield kick); C--Morris 2 run (Hollifield kick); C--Morris 5 run (Hollifield kick); D--Pike 1 run (Carr kick); C--A.J. Collins 48 interception return (Hollifield kick).
Records: Cooper 6-4, Dixie Heights 3-7.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1cAo5SuYK
Tyler Morris, a junior quarterback, ran 28 times for 158 yards and four touchdowns in Cooper's win at home.
Dixie Heights QB Zeke Pike, who has committed to play at Auburn, threw a 52-yard pass to Seth Bruns and also scored on a 1-yard run. A.J. Collins scored on a 48-yard interception return for Cooper.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/10/29/19390...z1cAry9NyA
No. 8 Cooper rode junior quarterback Tyler Morris to a 21-point win over No. 10 Dixie Heights.

Morris rushed 28 times for 158 yards and four touchdowns.

Junior defensive back A.J. Collins returned an interception for the other Jaguar touchdown.
Dixie Heights 7 0 0 7 --14
Cooper 7 14 7 7 --35

C–Morris 3 run (Hollifield kick)
D–Bruns 52 pass from Pike (Carr kick)
C–Morris 30 run (Hollifield kick)
C–Morris 2 run (Hollifield kick)
C–Morris 5 run (Hollifield kick)
D–Pike 1 run (Carr kick)
C–Collins 48 interception return (Hollifield kick)
Records: C 6-4, D 3-7
If indeed this is Coach Spritzkys last year as head coach at Dixie (and it should be) don't be surprised if the man (Borchers) on the other sideline for Cooper isn't a leading candidate for the Dixie job. He has done a nice job getting the Cooper program off the ground and the AD at Dixie is the same AD that hired Borchers at Cooper. Good win by the Jags and Coach Borchers..Congratulations.
BigZig75 Wrote:If indeed this is Coach Spritzkys last year as head coach at Dixie (and it should be) don't be surprised if the man (Borchers) on the other sideline for Cooper isn't a leading candidate for the Dixie job. He has done a nice job getting the Cooper program off the ground and the AD at Dixie is the same AD that hired Borchers at Cooper. Good win by the Jags and Coach Borchers..Congratulations.
In the long run Cooper will be the better team to coach, plus Boone co schools pay coaches better than Kenton co.
^ 100% accurate. I am in complete agreement
nky Wrote:In the long run Cooper will be the better team to coach, plus Boone co schools pay coaches better than Kenton co.

You Makes sense to me..but I do think Dixie will attempt to get Borchers away from Cooper. I tend to believe he has a better situation at Cooper. Time will tell.
^ Is Borchers a Dixie product?
Stardust Wrote:^ Is Borchers a Dixie product?

No, he went to NewCath, but he does have a previous working relationship with the Dixie AD.
Congrats Cooper
BigZig75 Wrote:You Makes sense to me..but I do think Dixie will attempt to get Borchers away from Cooper. I tend to believe he has a better situation at Cooper. Time will tell.

I think Borchers will stay at Cooper for a number of reasons:

1. Borchers is the A.D. at Cooper
2. Cooper is an up and coming program that Borchers has built.
3. Cooper is in a district and class where they can legitimately compete for a state title, Dixie is stuck in an unpredictable district and has the Louisville powers to deal with in the playoffs.
4. Boone County schools pay better than Kenton County schools.
5. Like #2, Cooper is Borchers football program, he's been their only head coach.
toussaints Wrote:I think Borchers will stay at Cooper for a number of reasons:

1. Borchers is the A.D. at Cooper
2. Cooper is an up and coming program that Borchers has built.
3. Cooper is in a district and class where they can legitimately compete for a state title, Dixie is stuck in an unpredictable district and has the Louisville powers to deal with in the playoffs.
4. Boone County schools pay better than Kenton County schools.
5. Like #2, Cooper is Borchers football program, he's been their only head coach.

I don't disagree with any of what you have said and I also believe he would be better off staying at Cooper where I think he has done an excellent job getting that program off the ground but it is always nice to be wanted by other schools and I have to believe he would at least be asked if he had any interest by an AD that is familar with his work.
There are many rumors circulating around about Dixie players and I have had people swear to it that it's true, but I have heard nothing from anyone within the Dixie family that says it's true. Thus, take anything that you hear with a grain of salt.
Stardust Wrote:There are many rumors circulating around about Dixie players and I have had people swear to it that it's true, but I have heard nothing from anyone within the Dixie family that says it's true. Thus, take anything that you hear with a grain of salt.

Regarding Zeke Pike not being a part of the team anymore? I'm hearing a lot of the same. :poker face:
Can you dig it? Wrote:Regarding Zeke Pike not being a part of the team anymore? I'm hearing a lot of the same. :poker face:

Yes and from all indication it's being pushed as "true"
Zeke Pike is kicked off the team as of yesterday.
I have heard much the same about Zeke Pike. Kicked off for a violation of team rules.
BigZig75 Wrote:I have heard much the same about Zeke Pike. Kicked off for a violation of team rules.

Fighting with teamates in the locker room.
I heard it wasn't fighting but no one can confirm what exactly it was. I heard that he and a couple of others were suspended for the game on Friday which is likely the end of the season. I hate for his career to end like this and would love to know exactly what is causing his career to end like this and how it will affect his future going forward.
^ Not fighting, and more than "team rules" - If true....
I was told nothing illegal happened also. Just an unfortunate situation.
RebelPride12 Wrote:I was told nothing illegal happened also. Just an unfortunate situation.

I have heard otherwise. If he and the others did what I have heard than it is illegal. Coaches are to be commended for making the decision they made. No one player is bigger than the team. Hopefully Zeke Pike will learn from this and move forward from here.