Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co. 49 Whitley Co. 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats REBS,way to finish the season.
Rebels sound good tonite,good win for them,now bring on the playoffs.
congrats to Boyle
Great job Boyle County! I'm hoping the Southwestern Warriors can duplicate the same thing next week.
Nice way to end the season and prep for the playoffs
i thought we played pretty competetive in the first half only being down by a couple of td's at the half.
But in the second half big plays just killed us like they have all year and killed our spirit.
Cox is a player. after he fumbled French yanked him and he only ran the ball maybe 2 or 3 times in the first half, but in the second he came back out in a BIG way.

Congrats Boyle on the win and good luck in the playoffs.
GetChili Wrote:Great job Boyle County! I'm hoping the Southwestern Warriors can duplicate the same thing next week.

I hope its a duplicate of that 45-0 smackdown of a show Whitley put on at SW last year.
Congrats Boyle
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I hope its a duplicate of that 45-0 smackdown of a show Whitley put on at SW last year.

Knowing Southwestern's recent playoff history, I could totally see it happening again. haha
^
lol, nothing surprises me anymore.
I was shocked by last years outcome.
SW was just not ready to play in that game giving up something like 5 or 6 turnovers and fumbling like 10 times.
I expect it to be a good one.
Rebels are extremely well coached. Tech is perfect at every position.
Why did Whitley onside kick after pulling within 14-3 with about a minute left in the first half? Boyle scored on the short field, which seemed to suck the life out of the Colonels, and the game was over.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Why did Whitley onside kick after pulling within 14-3 with about a minute left in the first half? Boyle scored on the short field, which seemed to suck the life out of the Colonels, and the game was over.

Weve done stupid stuff like that all year.
I honestly thought we were in the game and playing well until that turn around.
If im not mistaken they scored on one big play after that or maybe it was another kickoff or punt.

ive seen Whitley do that so many times and the only thing i can figure is that coach just doesnt have any faith in the kickoff team and has a big fear of running it back.
While onside kicking and squibbing it works against mountain teams who run the ball the majority of the time, it doesnt against teams who outmatch Whitley on defense and isnt the right call.
So honestly i dont know why we do the stupid thing we do sometimes lol.
Good luck in the playoffs Whitley. Something that struck me was how quiet the sideline was on the visitors side. Players played hard, were not dirty, nice ballteam. Just quiet.
^
Always have been.
Its a little louder at Whitley, but for the most part what you described has pretty much summed up the history of WC football.