Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia formally invited to join Big 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
West Virginia, a member of the Big East Conference since 1995, has been formally invited to join the Big 12.

Big East spokesman John Paquette confirmed that the Mountaineers have notified the league of its withdrawal.

The Big 12 plans to remain at 10 schools, a source within the conference told ESPN's Joe Schad.

On Wednesday, ESPN reported that the Mountaineers had been notified by the Big 12 that the conference's expansion process had been put on hold as officials waited for Missouri to withdraw for its move to the Southeastern Conference.

Just a day before that, the Big 12 had told West Virginia that it would be accepted pending formal approval. The Mountaineers even scheduled a news conference to announce their move, which it later canceled.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/...oin-big-12
West Virginia is leaving the Big East to Join the Big 12.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/...oin-big-12
The Big East is now dead
Looks like the "Bitch" Mitch's political pull didn't get him anywhere. I didn't care either way what WVU did, until Mitch put his political nose into it, I'm now glad that WVU made the switch, and Manchin raised enough awareness to get it fixed.
WVU reminded me of the ugliest prom date. Nobody wanted to go with them if they could get someone else. I think every conference turned them down. The Big 12 didn't want them if they could have gotten someone else (Louisville).
Westside Wrote:WVU reminded me of the ugliest prom date. Nobody wanted to go with them if they could get someone else. I think every conference turned them down. The Big 12 didn't want them if they could have gotten someone else (Louisville).
They could have got Louisville, they didn't ask them until Mitch put a hand in it. They had already asked WVU first.
TheRealVille Wrote:They could have got Louisville, they didn't ask them until Mitch put a hand in it. They had already asked WVU first.

My bad. I thought Louisville turned them down.
Louisville was denied entry! They did apply per ESPN.
To quote Ric Flair "WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

Can't wait to play the Sooners and get some Good Ole JR's Bar-B-Q sauce. The shot of JR shaking his head in disgust when WVU was breaking out a can of whoop ass on his beloved Sooners during the 08 Fiesta Bowl was classic!!!!!
TheRealVille Wrote:Looks like the "Bitch" Mitch's political pull didn't get him anywhere. I didn't care either way what WVU did, until Mitch put his political nose into it, I'm now glad that WVU made the switch, and Manchin raised enough awareness to get it fixed.

I am so Republician that I make Mitch McConnell look like a New Dealer. However his actions were almost enough to make me vote for Obama next year.

Manchin is not much better. While he was Governor, he appointed a political flunkie to be WVU's president, was defacto AD when Rich Fraud left, helped hire Gomer as football coach, made sure his daughter got a bogus eMBA degree, and forced his former roommate turned AD into scheduling Marshall. If Manchin was still Governor, Gomer would still be coach and WVU would still be on the sinking ship known as the Big East.:eyeroll:
^ Why do you want your team out of the big east? so they can get pounded, oh wait they already do Big Grin
West Virginia will fit in great in the Big 12, they do not like to play defense and neither does anyone else in the Big 12,,, possibly the reason why they get smashed when the come to SEC Country!!!!